Thailand and Big Joke roll out the red carpet for VIP tourists: they mean the Chinese

rooster59

Thailand and Big Joke roll out the red carpet for VIP tourists: they mean the Chinese

3-_180803_0020-1024x683.jpg

Image: The Tourist Police Bureau

A special lane at Suvarnabhumi airport has been inaugurated - it is for the ease and convenience of Chinese visitors. 

Thailand's poster boy top cop Maj Gen "Big Joke" Surachet Hakpal - deputy commissioner of the tourist police - and Pol Maj Gen Pritthipong Prayoonsiri at Region 2 immigration have shaken hands on the deal that provided the new lane. 

The Tourist Police Bureau website referred to it as Lane 5.

Both major generals were at Suvarnabhumi yesterday evening for a PR exercise assuring Chinese media that everything was all well and good in Thailand for their nationals. 

The TPB website said that Thailand did not want to be seen as taking advantage of the Chinese. 

They said VIP measures were already in place to give them every assistance from the plane to their waiting transport outside the airport. 

They said they were looking at short term and long term answers to problems faced by Chinese tourists.

Though they did not mention if this was in response to bad press after the boat accident in Phuket recently that saw many Chinese cancel their holidays. 

Thaivisa notes that the accident claimed many lives and has had the Thai authorities scurrying to repair the damage. Many will see the latest gesture as part of that and ask the question:

"What about other nationalities?"

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-04

3-_180803_0015-1024x576.jpg

3-_180803_0023-1024x683.jpg

3-_180803_0051-1024x683.jpg

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sickening - and so cynical (after they couldn't give any genuine human concern about the loss of all those Chinese tourists in that dreadful boat disaster). They only give VIP care and concern to MONEY (that is their god).

12 minutes ago, shady86 said:

Single lane is not enough, they should built a special terminal just for Chinese tourists. Chinese speaking staff, whole immigration counters just to cater all of them.

And special Chinese speaking taxis who can rip them off in their own language

Guess this special chinese lane will have a super small entrance with high fences, like how they keep wild cattle under control, to avoid them skipping the lines and starting to push. Plus some people with bull horns yelling instructions in Chinese to not shit on the floor, piss on each other, and keep moving.

Funny, I saw these yesterday when I flew in and thought, “Well that’s kinda discriminatory, but I’ll bet the regular tourists will be happy too.” (Though I don’t care personally since I use the diplomatic lane and get through quicker than the Thai nationals.)

Imagine the blowback if the US created a special lane “for Europeans only” or something like that... although the US does have a special lane for Canadians in some airports I do believe.

1 minute ago, moto77 said:

Funny, I saw these yesterday when I flew in and thought, “Well that’s kinda discriminatory, but I’ll bet the regular tourists will be happy too.” (Though I don’t care personally since I use the diplomatic lane and get through quicker than the Thai nationals.)

Imagine the blowback if the US created a special lane “for Europeans only” or something like that... although the US does have a special lane for Canadians in some airports I do believe.

Are you a Diplomat or just a smarty pants?

3 minutes ago, DoctorG said:

If this is an EXTRA lane then it will be good for everyone else as well. If they are just going to use one of the existing manned lanes then it will make no difference for the rest of us.

Well, it will be good in the sense that most of the people in your line will understand how to queue again.

Good, maybe there own little china town too, they can stay there. They come like a plague of locust! So loud and obnoxious, no etiquette. They cut in line and push there way thru, bumping purposely into you. When at the Buffet all the good stuff is gone fast. They take more than they can eat and throw the rest away. Spoiling it for everyone else except themselves.

Chinese lanes are truly BS. Instead they should lower the age to the use VIP lanes, which is now at 70 years. 60 years would be more appropriate. These lanes also should be open to families with kids.

6 minutes ago, moto77 said:

Both. ?

But seriously, I have an APEC ID

No big deal you can buy them for AUD200 I would rather queue for a few mins and spend my AUD200 on something more sensible than an ego trip unless of course I am a massive multi diamond, super rich traveller like you. Or did you just buy it to.....................

well I did say quite a while ago that they were putting all their eggs in one basket and it wasn't a good policy but hey what ya gonna do....it is still a train wreck and the thais just keep building up steam and pouring on more coal...at least the chinese will be able to get to their boats quicker

Archived