Thailand and Big Joke roll out the red carpet for VIP tourists: they mean the Chinese

rooster59

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, moto77 said:

Well, it will be good in the sense that most of the people in your line will understand how to queue again.

And will hopefully have their Arrival cards filled in before arriving at the front of the line!

26 minutes ago, Docno said:

I hope they do the same at DM … that airport needs it more. The Chinese also need their own security screening lines so that they don't slow the rest of us down. If they want to cut queue, let them do it with each other. Have at it...! 

You just walk in front of the Chinese. No one understands them and really don't care

5 hours ago, Misterwhisper said:

Does that mean those Chinese VIP tour groups will forthwith no longer be clogging up the regular immigration lanes for us non-VIP people? I sure hope so. 

Spot on.

I have just landed at DMK one hour ago.

They basically designed a section just for Chinese, where probably 100 Chinese were queuing up at 3-4 counters. And Foreigner lane, with another 3-4 counters, very empty, where I had 2 people in front of me.

So that is indeed good news.

I will add that Thai Lion Air also made checkin counters for Chinese only and on another row Foreign Passports.

As you can imagine, my check in at DMK a few days ago when I went out took no longer than 5 minutes.

So that's more good news for me. ?

"Instead they should lower the age to the use VIP lanes, which is now at 70 years. 60 years would be more appropriate. These lanes also should be open to families with kids."

They are, also pregnant women and disabled. 

4 hours ago, fxe1200 said:

Chinese lanes are truly BS. Instead they should lower the age to the use VIP lanes, which is now at 70 years. 60 years would be more appropriate. These lanes also should be open to families with kids.

At 70 years old one can use the VIP lane? 

4 minutes ago, biggles45 said:

"Instead they should lower the age to the use VIP lanes, which is now at 70 years. 60 years would be more appropriate. These lanes also should be open to families with kids."

They are, also pregnant women and disabled. 

I would imagine that 'real' VIP's aren't even seen in any of the lanes that 'we' use.

Actually I think this is an intelligent way to sort out the problem of having to queue with Chinese, too many of whom are just a bit too raw and just rolled off of the turnip wagon to ask people to have to put up with especially after an 11 hour flight or whatever. If they didn't tack on the  VIP bit then the Chinese would be up in arms about being segregated from the rest of us, that it was discriminatory etc. Problem is though I doubt this will stick and it probably is mostly just a PR gesture to make up for the boat sinking.

Archived