Thailand and Big Joke roll out the red carpet for VIP tourists: they mean the Chinese

rooster59

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thais and Chineses are like close relatives and ethnic Chineses have always controlled Bangkok's business.

1. Thais of Chinese origin is accounting for 14 percent of the Thai population as of 2012.

2. In the late 1950s, ethnic Chinese comprised 70 percent of Bangkok's business owners and senior business managers and 90 percent of the shares in Thai corporations are said to be held by Thais of Chinese extraction

Link for both https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thai_Chinese

Hopefully this will be good for rest of us farangs. When I get to BKK I run to get in front  of these arrogant, loud mouth inconsiderate mob. They scream out to each other across the lanes, push in font of others who have been waiting and never have their immigration formed filled in correctly. The only thing better if they would enter in another room . 

Last time I did the Sprint down the corridor bypassing 200-300 Chinese clogging the conveyor belts.   When the mob hit the que some immigration gal herded most Chinese to the que near the Thai Lanes.  But all the officers Lanes are open to choose once you get past the zigzag Lanes.   I don't think it's a VIP thing. But maybe they have some bilingual agents that may speed things up.  

1 hour ago, mogandave said:

Why all the hate? Does it not make sense to all the Chinese people their own line so they don’t clog the others?

Your right. but i would go one step more.

How about putting immigration on the third floor.

We could all get in the new massive elevators together. 

( don't forget to push the buttons for second and third floor )

when the elevator gets to the second floor and all the Chinese rush out like

crazy school kids.

Quickly close the doors and go to the third floor.

Your be through immigration,  in two shakes of a lambs tail.

Sorted. :giggle:

15 hours ago, Guderian said:

Great idea, now civilised folk won't have to put up with rude and ignorant Chinese standing next to them spitting, shouting, jostling and trying to queue jump.

It would be perfect if they just gave the Chinese their own airport....so they also can't run into me or hit me with their luggagetrolley.

Big Joke cop!  take this advice?  a top Thai MP once said recently " the more patriotic the more stupid "  the objective shouldn't be to select or kiss the butt of one race while you abuse the rest of us.

It might just help if you suggest to the Chinese tour groups leaders to advise them how to fill out the form.

The biggest problem when you get to the immigration line you have two or three immigration representatives who stand at the front inspecting and instructing the tourist how to fill out the form holding up the line! 

A simple solution to move the line faster is have them run down the lanes and instruct how to fill out the form before they get up to the front. I've watched time and time again groups standing in the front not knowing what to do when they were in line for 30 minutes!  

Luckily, I'm Chinese but American and as I walk up to the line they tell me to go VIP, when I get up front if they knock me back I just tell them the officer he/she told to come here usually I just go through.?

I gotta agree with some here that if it keeps them in one area and smooths the check-in for everyone then im all for it.

This return Im actually flying to CM from Bkk in effort to avoid that mess but may find it worse up north in CNX !

While I disagree with the discrimination, to have the Chinese out of the regular queues will suit me just fine. Luckily I've not had to wait long at DM when coming in but if you do, usually because your flight has coincided with Chinese arrivals, you get a bloody headache from the relentless screaming and shouting from Chinese who seem to unable to communicate, even with folks standing next to them, other than at MAXIMUM volume!

1 hour ago, SooKee said:

While I disagree with the discrimination, to have the Chinese out of the regular queues will suit me just fine. Luckily I've not had to wait long at DM when coming in but if you do, usually because your flight has coincided with Chinese arrivals, you get a bloody headache from the relentless screaming and shouting from Chinese who seem to unable to communicate, even with folks standing next to them, other than at MAXIMUM volume!

And the queue jumpers. Had one little Chinese girl, maybe only 21 or so, try to jump in front of me at DM. I shoulder checked her and knocked her literally off her feet and simply smiled at her and the immigration departures area. I can play their game, too, if needed. 

Thailand is giving the Chinese Big Face. The Chinese will let us peons know they are superior. Additional arrogance.

But the farangs are not bringing in the bucks.

I didn't see anyone complain that Business Class passengers get special treatment.

Archived