BANGKOK

Hi guys,

Advice please on doing the OGUK medical in BKK. Price and timeframe to get the papers.

A few years ago I did it at Samitivej, it cost 27k if I remember correctly, took forever to get the paperwork since they "had to send the methadone test away to be cleared".

I have a feeling the nice lady there added a WHOLE lot of extras to the list of that to test, I'm looking at having done a standard OGUK with no 'add ons'.

Thanks!

Bangrumgrad. had it done there in March. Ring up make an appointment. Get there at least 40 mins early as have to check in at reception & fill in paperwork. I had appointment at 09:30 hrs got called about 09:40, blood pressure etc, piss test, hearing & sight test. Into see the doc whack on the knee to test reflexes check breathing. Take a seat paperwork done certificate issued out of the by noon.  Toal cost was around 3,500 baht, maybe a little more or less. Very easy, if you are entering from Soi 1 side is in the building on the right .  Sorry can't remember the docs name but their website should have it. No blood tests required.

Same here, I was the 10th January there and was very satisfied.

the UKOG and also Norwegian can be done in Bungrumrat Hospital, simple easy and almost sure you pass any test. 

3500 baht was the price compared to BKK Hospital Pattaya for 7900 Baht 2 years ago and quite a lot of more tests done.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, obviously the a-holes at Samitivej milked the dumb farang a bit, won't go there again. I'll give Bumrungrad a call then, better do this first day I'm back home ?

4 hours ago, starman_tom said:

Thanks guys, obviously the a-holes at Samitivej milked the dumb farang a bit, won't go there again. I'll give Bumrungrad a call then, better do this first day I'm back home ?

Can you let me know how it pans out, i was thinking of bkk / ptty but will be in BKK early next week so Bumungrad might be the go...

Thanks.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:56 PM, JaiLai said:

Can you let me know how it pans out, i was thinking of bkk / ptty but will be in BKK early next week so Bumungrad might be the go...

Thanks.

I would do yes, but I'm stuck here on the water in Brazil for now, going home just at the end of August so I'll sort it them. A report will follow.

Oh, and here's a thing: make sure "Bi-Deltoid Measurment" is included in the medical, it's basically shoulder width. Companies are asking for that these days, it's about fitting out thru that chopper window...

1 hour ago, starman_tom said:

I would do yes, but I'm stuck here on the water in Brazil for now, going home just at the end of August so I'll sort it them. A report will follow.

Oh, and here's a thing: make sure "Bi-Deltoid Measurment" is included in the medical, it's basically shoulder width. Companies are asking for that these days, it's about fitting out thru that chopper window...

Nice one.

I thought the shoulder measurement was just for Norway / N Sea, won't hurt to get it done though i suppose, although i have no intention of working Norway / N sea,,,,

Thanks.

I always get mine done at Bumrungrad and it is hassle free. Got the noggie add on last time which was just an additional chest X-ray.

• Thanks 1

On 10/30/2018 at 4:06 AM, sharktooth said:

I always get mine done at Bumrungrad and it is hassle free. Got the noggie add on last time which was just an additional chest X-ray.

Ahh I should have done the noggie add on as well then... And the D&A, which is not a part of the OGUK at Bum.

Just saw a job opening that asked for OGUK with D&A test.

Dr Wattana also said he can't do shoulder measurement, that they don't have the tools for that. I explained to him the whole 'get out of chopper window'-thing, he said BMI should be enough.

On ‎8‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 1:46 AM, starman_tom said:

obviously the a-holes at Samitivej milked the dumb farang a bit

Wouldn't be the first time. Always be wary of a hospital with a dude playing a grand piano in the foyer. Once bitten twice shy for me.

On 8/10/2018 at 12:33 AM, starman_tom said:

I just saw one of the recruiters at a well know agency posting her "official shoulder measuring certificate" on LinkedIn. I can't recall what industry regulatory body issues the certificate, if any. More likely just from another training center. In my experience, it's the beer guts on some of the older oilfield trash that could get stuck in the chopper window! Maybe someone has done the science and linked beer guts to bi-deltoid dimensions but I doubt it.

TBH, it sounds like another invention by jobsworths at agencies and training centers to make extra money during the downturn. The last time we had serious, superfluous nonsense was after oil dipped below US$10/bbl and a whole lot of BOSIET and sea survival training shops got together and sold some national oil companies on asking for early renewal of the original 4-year certificate. Some of these companies still insist that if your certificate is more than 3 years old, then a refresher needs to be taken regardless if the certificate still has up to 12 months remaining validity. Makes money for the training centers that probably have a tie-in with some of the national oil companies anyway.

Just renewed my OGUK at Bamrungrad. In at 8:45, out at 10:45, fastest turnaround yet and cost 3940 baht... it was 3750 baht two years ago and 3570 baht four years ago. The ear, nose and throat department that does the audiogram have relocated into the same Clinic Building on floor 12 so that's a bit quicker... although it was the test where I had to wait longest for my turn this morning. It was quiet when I arrived on Floor 16 but it was was quite busy when I picked up my certificate and left.

14 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Just renewed my OGUK at Bamrungrad. In at 8:45, out at 10:45, fastest turnaround yet and cost 3940 baht... it was 3750 baht two years ago and 3570 baht four years ago. The ear, nose and throat department that does the audiogram have relocated into the same Clinic Building on floor 12 so that's a bit quicker... although it was the test where I had to wait longest for my turn this morning. It was quiet when I arrived on Floor 16 but it was was quite busy when I picked up my certificate and left.

BKK/ptty do it about 1000 baht cheaper but i guess that's shrapnel if you're big in OnG.

On 11/4/2019 at 9:26 PM, JaiLai said:

BKK/ptty do it about 1000 baht cheaper but i guess that's shrapnel if you're big in OnG.

Until 6 years ago, I got them done at BPH and back then probably even cheaper. However, I always had to badger them NOT to include non-essential, add-on tests . Maybe they've given up trying to milk that cow so much? With Bamrungrad there's never been any messing about trying to pad a bill and Dr Vatana said, 'Let's get you out of here quick, OK?"

• Like 1