BANGKOK

16 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Until 6 years ago, I got them done at BPH and back then probably even cheaper. However, I always had to badger them NOT to include non-essential, add-on tests . Maybe they've given up trying to milk that cow so much? With Bamrungrad there's never been any messing about trying to pad a bill and Dr Vatana said, 'Let's get you out of here quick, OK?"

They're still trying to add on tests that are not required.....

On 11/6/2019 at 5:53 PM, NanLaew said:

Until 6 years ago, I got them done at BPH and back then probably even cheaper. However, I always had to badger them NOT to include non-essential, add-on tests . Maybe they've given up trying to milk that cow so much? With Bamrungrad there's never been any messing about trying to pad a bill and Dr Vatana said, 'Let's get you out of here quick, OK?"

When i did my first check at Bumrungrad about 15 years ago they also tried to put extra examinations on the list.

This was still in the email and making a appointment phase.

After i insisted what was and what was not required they agreed and booked a normal check-up.

But i have to admit this was the only time that they tried this (maybe because i was there for the first time) and every time after this it was painless.

Posted (edited)

Just did UKOG and NMD together at Samitivej, it's the only place I can get the Norwegian one in thailand now as Bumrungrad don't do it anymore. 

Cost was 15,400 absolute f*cking rip off. UKOG needs a methodone/Heroin test. This needs to be done outside Thailand so it takes 9 days to get the certificate.

I will do it outside Thailand is future. I don't know anywhere in the world as expensive as here now. 

Edited by paulfaz

On 1/3/2020 at 12:14 PM, paulfaz said:

Just did UKOG and NMD together at Samitivej, it's the only place I can get the Norwegian one in thailand now as Bumrungrad don't do it anymore. 

Cost was 15,400 absolute f*cking rip off. UKOG needs a methodone/Heroin test. This needs to be done outside Thailand so it takes 9 days to get the certificate.

I will do it outside Thailand is future. I don't know anywhere in the world as expensive as here now. 

I did my OGUK at Bamrungrad last November. No need for any "methodone/Heroin test" and identical to the last one at Bamrungrad 2 years ago. Cost 3800 baht and in and out in less than 3 hours.

I did my NMD medical separately at Sumitivej last December. The only test additional to the OGUK exam was the chest x-ray. Busy so took longer than the normal 4 hours and cost 4300 baht.

You've been had. File a complaint.

6 hours ago, NanLaew said:

I did my OGUK at Bamrungrad last November. No need for any "methodone/Heroin test" and identical to the last one at Bamrungrad 2 years ago. Cost 3800 baht and in and out in less than 3 hours.

I did my NMD medical separately at Sumitivej last December. The only test additional to the OGUK exam was the chest x-ray. Busy so took longer than the normal 4 hours and cost 4300 baht.

You've been had. File a complaint.

3800 Baht ?

better check the price next time as I paid about 1900-2000 Baht the last 2 times.

18 hours ago, merijn said:

3800 Baht ?

better check the price next time as I paid about 1900-2000 Baht the last 2 times.

YMMV