Immigration Priority Lane BKK

I have just discovered that the Premium service offered by Bangkok Flight Services - which includes immigration access via the Premium Lane has been discontinued.

I have been told that there is a 'Priority' (as opposed to Premium) lane at the main immigration hall which people aged 70 or more are allowed to use. Does anyone know where this priority lane is located? Also, I am told there is a second immigration hall 50 meters or so past the main hall and I wondered whether this also had a priority lane. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

There are 3 Immigration halls on arrival at Suvarnabhumi, two large ones with the one on the east-side generally serving passengers from concourse A, B, C and D and the one on the west-side west-side generally serving passengers from concourse D, E, F and G. In between, there's the small Priority Lane immigration hall for Diplomatic, air crew, 70+. etc.. Last time I passed (from a crowded west-side hall to the less crowded east-side hall, the signage outside the arrivals Priority (formerly Premium) Lane had been changed as follows.

143544247_bkkpriorityarr.jpg.2bccd73e0f6b6d8941b01e1105e54796.jpg

This now matches the passenger classifications used for the departures Priority Lane as follows. ABTC cards aren't mentioned on arrivals but I reckon that's a typo akin with arbitrarily swapping Premium with Priority when they make up new signs.

360297279_bkkprioritydep.jpg.b41ded9ea4a4d1a8c3425efd6688753c.jpg

The other difference is if you have a Premium Lane voucher like the following, you use the Priority Lane for departures.

1235475825_premiumlaneticket.jpg.c8610ff2464a1111ef675f074b059f29.jpg

However on arrivals, AoT have recently been sending premium class travelers (holding the above voucher) to the THAI "Fast Track" lane which AFAIK, only exists on the left hand side of the large east-side Immigration Hall. Last time I passed through, there was no similar "Fast Track" lane in the large west-side immigration hall. It has signs as follows.

1303258867_BKKfasttrack.jpg.fe82bc19cc5e9bd849b01e1eafb5513d.jpg

FWIW, I have been using this large, east-side immigration hall "Fast Track" lane to re-enter Thailand regardless of my travel class because I have a Retirement Extension which is classed as a 'long-stay' permit. This entitlement was pointed out to me several years ago and I am not sure if Marriage Extensions are similarly enabled but so far, I haven't been knocked back.

With regard to the OP, the BFS website still indicates that meet and greet will expedite your inbound immigration experience. The last time I used them, maybe 2-3 years ago, they used the "Fast Track" lane in the east side hall as above and NOT the (then named) Premium Lane in the middle.

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

FWIW, I have been using this large, east-side immigration hall "Fast Track" lane to re-enter Thailand regardless of my travel class because I have a Retirement Extension which is classed as a 'long-stay' permit. This entitlement was pointed out to me several years ago and I am not sure if Marriage Extensions are similarly enabled but so far, I haven't been knocked back.

This is a first for me, I've tried a couple of times to use the fast track whilst coming back from a local trip on economy, I have an extension based on work for the past 15 years and both times got knocked back.

22 hours ago, NanLaew said:

However on arrivals, AoT have recently been sending premium class travelers (holding the above voucher) to the THAI "Fast Track" lane which AFAIK, only exists on the left hand side of the large east-side Immigration Hall. Last time I passed through, there was no similar "Fast Track" lane in the large west-side immigration hall. It has signs as follows.

Yes, this is relatively new, as before it is was TG passengers only and you are right, there isn't one in the west side immigration hall.

The main hall, where I always go, has the over 70 lane on the far right (along with disabled etc). I invariably get stopped by an IO on my way and I say I am over 70 and they let me pass. I guess I should take that that as a complement but after a long couple of flights any additional hassle is not welcome. So don't be surprised if you are challenged. Actually probably a good thing as it keeps the younguns out.

28 minutes ago, orientalist said:

Strange that none of these signs mention Permanent Residence holders. I really must apply for the auto-gate access.

Probably because a PR holder is allowed to use the Thai immigration lanes?

On 8/6/2018 at 8:11 PM, NanLaew said:

However on arrivals, AoT have recently been sending premium class travelers (holding the above voucher) to the THAI "Fast Track" lane

i don't know what constitutes 'recent' but i arrived in business class from USA in early may and business class from HK in mid june.  i was given the premium lane pass on both flights, although it looked different than what you posted.  it is purple now, i think they changed it awhile back.  on arrival, i was not turned away from the priority/premium lane (the separate arrivals hall btwn the other two, main arrival halls).  maybe more recent data points conflict with my experience, not sure.

On 8/7/2018 at 7:11 AM, NanLaew said:

There are 3 Immigration halls on arrival at Suvarnabhumi, two large ones with the one on the east-side generally serving passengers from concourse A, B, C and D and the one on the west-side west-side generally serving passengers from concourse D, E, F and G. In between, there's the small Priority Lane immigration hall for Diplomatic, air crew, 70+. etc.. Last time I passed (from a crowded west-side hall to the less crowded east-side hall, the signage outside the arrivals Priority (formerly Premium) Lane had been changed as follows.

143544247_bkkpriorityarr.jpg.2bccd73e0f6b6d8941b01e1105e54796.jpg

This now matches the passenger classifications used for the departures Priority Lane as follows. ABTC cards aren't mentioned on arrivals but I reckon that's a typo akin with arbitrarily swapping Premium with Priority when they make up new signs.

360297279_bkkprioritydep.jpg.b41ded9ea4a4d1a8c3425efd6688753c.jpg

The other difference is if you have a Premium Lane voucher like the following, you use the Priority Lane for departures.

1235475825_premiumlaneticket.jpg.c8610ff2464a1111ef675f074b059f29.jpg

1303258867_BKKfasttrack.jpg.fe82bc19cc5e9bd849b01e1eafb5513d.jpg

With regard to the OP, the BFS website still indicates that meet and greet will expedite your inbound immigration experience. The last time I used them, maybe 2-3 years ago, they used the "Fast Track" lane in the east side hall as above and NOT the (then named) Premium Lane in the middle.

Is the fast track available for all airlines? I see there is a priority card in the picture?

2 hours ago, elgenon said:

The main hall, where I always go, has the over 70 lane on the far right (along with disabled etc). I invariably get stopped by an IO on my way and I say I am over 70 and they let me pass. I guess I should take that that as a complement but after a long couple of flights any additional hassle is not welcome. So don't be surprised if you are challenged. Actually probably a good thing as it keeps the younguns out.

For an even faster experience on arrival, you are qualified to use the smaller, faster, central Priority Lane in between the 2 main immigration halls. Same for outbound flights, just show your passport although the airline check-in could be asked to confirm your DoB in the passport and give you a Premium Lane pass to save the hassle of the Priority Lane staff possibly not knowing how to check birth dates quickly.

17 minutes ago, buick said:

i don't know what constitutes 'recent' but i arrived in business class from USA in early may and business class from HK in mid june.  i was given the premium lane pass on both flights, although it looked different than what you posted.  it is purple now, i think they changed it awhile back.  on arrival, i was not turned away from the priority/premium lane (the separate arrivals hall btwn the other two, main arrival halls).  maybe more recent data points conflict with my experience, not sure.

Biz class passengers have been able to use the fast track area between the 2 main immigration halls since the airport was opened, however, @NanLaew was referring to the TG fast track area, which is located on the east side of the east main immigration hall.

3 minutes ago, Snow Leopard said:

Is the fast track available for all airlines? I see there is a priority card in the picture?

Most airlines will give the fast track pass to their passengers in biz or first class, there are some that don't.

TG passengers on biz can use the boarding pass.

21 minutes ago, buick said:

I think the Premium Lane cards that THAI hands out are purple and are called "Fast Track"? The one I save for a rainy day indicates that the "Fast Track" lane is indeed ONLY on the east-side main immigration hall. opposite Gate D4.

I think the brown ones (pictured) are the generic ones for all other carriers and assisted boarding/meet and greet services.

1 hour ago, Mattd said:

Probably because a PR holder is allowed to use the Thai immigration lanes?

We were when they had them for manual passport checking, but I haven't seen any for the past year. The catch in signing up for the auto-gate is you must have 6 months remaining on your re-entry, you're expected to re-register each year, and you need a Thai citizen as a "reference" (how ridiculous is that?) each time. Also, I feel a bit nervous about having no stamps at all in my passport when I do trips to the UK. I know the Revenue Dept checks these when I request a tax refund each year.

44 minutes ago, orientalist said:

We were when they had them for manual passport checking, but I haven't seen any for the past year. The catch in signing up for the auto-gate is you must have 6 months remaining on your re-entry, you're expected to re-register each year, and you need a Thai citizen as a "reference" (how ridiculous is that?) each time. Also, I feel a bit nervous about having no stamps at all in my passport when I do trips to the UK. I know the Revenue Dept checks these when I request a tax refund each year.

There are normally still some manned immigration desks for Thai's, especially in Suvarnabhumi.

Yes, the PR registration for the e-gates isn't ideal at all, a unnecessary difficult procedure really.

Do you mean UK or Thai revenue department checks?

The Thais would have a record in the system of your movements in and out of Thailand within the system, so they can use this, for UK, then perhaps you could request something from the Thai authorities to prove the time that you were present in Thailand?

The UK can also reference data to show periods spent in the UK, arrival is either an e-gate or manned immigration and departures are recorded from data sent from the airlines, logically there must still be a way of tracking movement (for tax residence purposes) after the advent of e-gates, for example HK do not even put a stamp in the passport, even though entry is via a manned desk.

9 minutes ago, Two Plus Two said:

Here's a pic of the new card, it's a bit smaller than the old version.

I've read elsewhere that the old brown ones are no longer being accepted.

Damn, I've got a few of the old ones stashed for those busy economy arrivals as well................

3 hours ago, Mattd said:

Do you mean UK or Thai revenue department checks?

The Thais would have a record in the system of your movements in and out of Thailand within the system, so they can use this, for UK, then perhaps you could request something from the Thai authorities to prove the time that you were present in Thailand?

This is for Thailand. They request a full copy of my passport when I submit my Por Ngor Dor 90, presumably to make sure I am tax-resident. I could always send copies of my boarding passes if they need more proof.

On 8/7/2018 at 9:51 PM, NanLaew said:

I think the Premium Lane cards that THAI hands out are purple and are called "Fast Track"? The one I save for a rainy day indicates that the "Fast Track" lane is indeed ONLY on the east-side main immigration hall. opposite Gate D4.

I think the brown ones (pictured) are the generic ones for all other carriers and assisted boarding/meet and greet services.

i agree on the 'fast track' lane only being on the east side.  i used that alot when i flew THAI business class, they did not provide the pass for the 'premium lane'.  as pictured by another poster, the premium lane passes have changed colors now.  it is all so confusing  !!  priority, premium, fast track.  it appears that all airlines, other than THAI, provide the premium lane pass for business class passengers.  since THAI has their own business class departure immigration area, it is only an issue for arrivals.  i used their 'fast track' a few times on arrival and the lines were not long at all.  but i stopped flying THAI when they halted their USA service.  since then, i've used several airlines serving the USA from BKK -   asiana, korean, cathay, EVA, ANA, and emirates.  they all provide the premium lane pass for departure and arrival.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:44 AM, NanLaew said:

For an even faster experience on arrival, you are qualified to use the smaller, faster, central Priority Lane in between the 2 main immigration halls. Same for outbound flights, just show your passport although the airline check-in could be asked to confirm your DoB in the passport and give you a Premium Lane pass to save the hassle of the Priority Lane staff possibly not knowing how to check birth dates quickly.

Wow, thanks! Hope I can find it. Always happy to be schooled and learn a better way.

Anything to look for when I arrive to help me find it or is it easy?

Where is the Priority Lane when leaving Thailand? I have never seen one.

5 hours ago, elgenon said:

Wow, thanks! Hope I can find it. Always happy to be schooled and learn a better way.

Anything to look for when I arrive to help me find it or is it easy?

Where is the Priority Lane when leaving Thailand? I have never seen one.

When you arrive, follow the "Visa on Arrival" signs. The Priority Lane is right next to that.

For departure, you could ask the check-in agent to direct you. It is located in the middle of the terminal.

Archived