Immigration Priority Lane BKK

On 8/8/2018 at 12:01 PM, orientalist said:

We were when they had them for manual passport checking, but I haven't seen any for the past year. The catch in signing up for the auto-gate is you must have 6 months remaining on your re-entry, you're expected to re-register each year, and you need a Thai citizen as a "reference" (how ridiculous is that?) each time. Also, I feel a bit nervous about having no stamps at all in my passport when I do trips to the UK. I know the Revenue Dept checks these when I request a tax refund each year.

It's true that you are supposed to have 6 months remaining on your re-entry but the registration sticker that they place in your passport is valid for 2 years. I am on my third year now and have never re-registered except when the initial 2 years expired. When I first registered the officer told me that I should report whenever a new Re-entry is issued and the same thing was posted by others on this forum. But it's not the case. Plenty of confusion amongst Immigration officers on this subject.

Yeah the Thai referee thing is pretty stupid but it doesn't mean anything. You just supply them a name, address and ID number of a Thai citizen. No ID copies required so you could use your housekeeper or local motorbike taxi drivers name or even just make up an imaginary friend.

It's strange that the Revenue Department asks to see your passport. As a PR you don't even need to have a current passport. I also get a refund every year and never submit anything to do with my passport. They're idiot bureaucrats of course, so we can't expect too much logic or consistency.

On 8/8/2018 at 11:51 AM, NanLaew said:

I think the Premium Lane cards that THAI hands out are purple and are called "Fast Track"? The one I save for a rainy day indicates that the "Fast Track" lane is indeed ONLY on the east-side main immigration hall. opposite Gate D4.

I think the brown ones (pictured) are the generic ones for all other carriers and assisted boarding/meet and greet services.

LOL. THAI haven't been handing out those Fast Track cards for years so you might get some funny looks from the Immigration officer when the rainy day finally comes along.

17 hours ago, bubba said:

When you arrive, follow the "Visa on Arrival" signs. The Priority Lane is right next to that.

For departure, you could ask the check-in agent to direct you. It is located in the middle of the terminal.

Much thanks!

It's true that you are supposed to have 6 months remaining on your re-entry but the registration sticker that they place in your passport is valid for 2 years. I am on my third year now and have never re-registered except when the initial 2 years expired. When I first registered the officer told me that I should report whenever a new Re-entry is issued and the same thing was posted by others on this forum. But it's not the case. Plenty of confusion amongst Immigration officers on this subject.

Yeah the Thai referee thing is pretty stupid but it doesn't mean anything. You just supply them a name, address and ID number of a Thai citizen. No ID copies required so you could use your housekeeper or local motorbike taxi drivers name or even just make up an imaginary friend.

It's strange that the Revenue Department asks to see your passport. As a PR you don't even need to have a current passport. I also get a refund every year and never submit anything to do with my passport. They're idiot bureaucrats of course, so we can't expect too much logic or consistency.

I don't think the Revenue Dept knows I have PR. I never reported it to them and my tax ID is the same as it was 30 years ago, i. e. it wasn't ever synced with my tabien baan number.

Sent from my cell phone using Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/10/2018 at 10:16 AM, elgenon said:

Wow, thanks! Hope I can find it. Always happy to be schooled and learn a better way.

Anything to look for when I arrive to help me find it or is it easy?

Where is the Priority Lane when leaving Thailand? I have never seen one.

On arrival, you pass ONE large immigration hall and the Priority Lane is about 75 m beyond that. Since it is between the large immigration halls, this guide works regardless of what gate you have come from. It is opposite Gate D4.

pla.jpg.b2be568dc476eed1fcda682bedc55120.jpg

On departure, they are at the foot of the escalators that takes non-premium pax up to security and again, there are two locations, one at the foot of each escalator. Priority security and immigration is on the same floor as check-in, no need to go upstairs/downstairs. They are roughly opposite check-in aisle K, L and M.

pld.jpg.54f13d9c59995fa838178679057cf970.jpg

On 8/12/2018 at 10:41 AM, NanLaew said:

On arrival, you pass ONE large immigration hall and the Priority Lane is about 75 m beyond that. Since it is between the large immigration halls, this guide works regardless of what gate you have come from. It is opposite Gate D4.

pla.jpg.b2be568dc476eed1fcda682bedc55120.jpg

On departure, they are at the foot of the escalators that takes non-premium pax up to security and again, there are two locations, one at the foot of each escalator. Priority security and immigration is on the same floor as check-in, no need to go upstairs/downstairs. They are roughly opposite check-in aisle K, L and M.

pld.jpg.54f13d9c59995fa838178679057cf970.jpg

Cripes! Now that is one wonderful and detailed answer. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Since I have PR I applied for the Autochannel last week. After nearly an hour (it was the official's first attempt at this) I was registered but I couldn't get all the way through the gate and hsd to be stamped out of the country. The opinion of the various experts that were summoned was that the PR system and the Immigration system were not 'linked' for some reason. They said it should work the next time.

Sent from my cell phone using Thaivisa mobile app

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I have had a retirement visa for 5+ years now. I asked whether there was any fast track option last time I arrived but was told there was not. However, does anyone have a different take on this? Someone above mentions they were able to do it.

1 hour ago, bembaman said:

I have had a retirement visa for 5+ years now. I asked whether there was any fast track option last time I arrived but was told there was not. However, does anyone have a different take on this? Someone above mentions they were able to do it.

If you're over 70, or have a Business or First Class ticket, then you can use the Fast Track Lane.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/8/2018 at 11:48 AM, Mattd said:

Most airlines will give the fast track pass to their passengers in biz or first class, there are some that don't.

TG passengers on biz can use the boarding pass.

They should give it but sometimes they forget, which is what happened to me last time coming in on Emirates. I hadn't gone far so returned to the plane and got one.

There's always someone trying to sneak into the Fast Track queue.  They get to the front and then unable to show their pass. Maybe they are hoping to be let in anyway. Always told to clear off. I play spot the interloper. They tend to dress a bit funny.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 3:28 PM, SheungWan said:

They should give it but sometimes they forget, which is what happened to me last time coming in on Emirates. I hadn't gone far so returned to the plane and got one.

I think some airlines have no agreement in place with AOT and thus have no passes to hand out.

I flew Business Class on Sri Lankan and enquired about the arrival priority pass / arrival fast track pass on the plane and the flight attendant acted as if I was asking for a piece of cheese from the moon. She said she had no idea. For a flight attendant not to know that business class passengers can get arrival priority passes is not believable so she was just avoiding saying Sri Lankan doesn't have them for Bangkok.

Anyway, I tried to use the fast track lane with just my business class boarding passes and ticket but was sent away.

On 1/14/2019 at 6:20 AM, heybuz said:

bugger now all these old [edit] the same age as me will be crowding the priority lane, might be quicker to go to the normal one.????

Some do check out the 'normal one' first and if deserted save the PP for a rainy day. PP is undated.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/12/2018 at 6:11 AM, leggo said:

If you are over 70 but are traveling with your UK citizen wife who is 58 will they let you both pass as you are guarantor for your wife?

Hi, did you find out the answer to this, I will be travelling with my parents, both in there 80's, and was wondering if we could go through as a family. If you can't I think they would rather queue normally than get split up.

On 2/13/2019 at 5:14 PM, BLACKJACK2 said:

Hi, did you find out the answer to this, I will be travelling with my parents, both in there 80's, and was wondering if we could go through as a family. If you can't I think they would rather queue normally than get split up.

Not sure if they will or won't let you go through together (but think they probably would).  But you wouldn't get split up.  Try the Fast Track lane first, if they say no you all go together to the normal lane.

Archived