15 injured in bus accident in Surat Thani

webfact

15 injured in bus accident

By Suwannee Bundisak 
The Nation

d44aeb7cfd3814eb1c27eb5a0db73e79.jpeg

Fifteen passengers were slightly injured when their Bangkok-Phuket bus lost control at a curve due to the slippery road surface and overturned early on Sunday in Surat Thani province.

Following an accident report at 4.30am, police and rescue workers rushed to the Surat Thani-Takua Pa Road 45km marker in Tambon Band Tham Neab in Khiri Ratthanikhom district. They found the 32-seater bus lying on its side on the road island.

Passengers who were slightly injured were sent to a local hospital.

Bus driver Uthai Somkantha, 30, told police that his bus carrying a total of 29 people, including him, had left the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok at 7.15pm on Saturday night for Phuket. Along the way there were heavy rains and he lost control of the vehicle at a curve resulting in the accident.

Police initially charged Uthai with reckless driving causing injuries to others.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351468

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-06

1 hour ago, webfact said:

Fifteen passengers were slightly injured when their Bangkok-Phuket bus lost control at a curve due to the slippery road surface and overturned early on Sunday in Surat Thani province.

Say the truth Mr. driver, I suspect you fall asleep and driving to fast!!! 

All bus drivers that must be instructed what is mean to take responsibility of other peoples!

Sorry for repeating ... 

but the truth is as obvious as disgusting: 

The driver lost whatever control he had because of inappropriate driving. And he did not take responsibility.

When the street is wet - you drive appropriately slower. 

1 hour ago, Cereal said:

A bus never loses control, it is an inanimate object. I get so disgusted by this "it's not my fault" jive.

Read the article past the first sentence!  The driver told the police that he lost control.

41 minutes ago, rebo said:

So the media should report exactly this!

The media did report, "exactly this"!

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Bus driver Uthai Somkantha, 30, told police that his bus carrying a total of 29 people, including him, had left the Southern Bus Terminal in Bangkok at 7.15pm on Saturday night for Phuket. Along the way there were heavy rains and he lost control of the vehicle at a curve resulting in the accident.

That plain enough for you?

3 hours ago, peperobi said:

Say the truth Mr. driver, I suspect you fall asleep and driving to fast!!!

All bus drivers that must be instructed what is mean to take responsibility of other peoples!

I have started to nod off once or twice over the years and if he had said he nodded off for a moment there would be some sympathy but no sympathy for hopeless driving because the roads were wet.

Nothing will change until change comes along.. and that ain't gonna happen here in Thailand

You cannot expect safety standards to prevent Thais from working...

if they can start it up, move it forward they get the licence & then the job!!!

Expect more headlines soon.. good luck everyone!

22 minutes ago, Moti24 said:

The media did report, "exactly this"!

That plain enough for you?

I think what people are looking for is for him to say why he lost control he can still say later he lost control because there was oil on the road or break failure

Archived