Previously criticized Tak school now leading the way in nutritious school lunches

webfact

Previously criticized Tak school now leading the way in nutritious school lunches

10pm.jpg

Picture: video screenshot

A school in Thailand's north western province of Tak that was criticized for its lunches has now turned things around.

The school that was told its lunches were too small and of no nutritional value has now shown what can be done with some imaginative approaches, reported MCOT.

Not only has the lunch improved markedly but the students have been encouraged to learn about nutrition, plan menus and understand about the economics of providing meals on a large scale.

Thetsaban 2 school (Wat Donmoonchai) was previously slammed for its poor approach. Now it is considered as a model for other schools not just in Tak but nationwide.

Much of the food is grown in the school grounds. What other food is needed is bought in deals with local farmers.

And through the school's "active learning" program the children are understanding the value of eating well to stave off illness and stay fit.

Their meals are no longer just sweet and salty but full of vital nutrition for growing kids who are getting their "five a day".

And best of all it is all part of a great learning experience in how to provide healthy nutritious meals at a budget of 20 baht per person per day.

Source: Mcot

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-06

21 minutes ago, webfact said:

And through the school's "active learning" program the children are understanding the value of eating well to stave off illness and stay fit.

Active learning program instigated only due to them being caught out and publicly shamed in the media.

Perhaps this is the institutionalised version of "wai-ing" the victim and entering a temple as a monk.

16 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Active learning program instigated only due to them being caught out and publicly shamed in the media.

Perhaps this is the institutionalised version of "wai-ing" the victim and entering a temple as a monk.

What ever the reason for turning things around,they did it!!

All of the kids are active and getting the right kind of food now,i hope many more schools will follow this example.

I saw another video of a school doing this and they even sell and trade the surplus they have.Very positive change!!!!

It´s nice to see that a change is possible. Even if it is a small one, it actually seems like one place understood what they did wrong before.

My question here, is why some posters complain and try to find something wrong. Everything can´t be perfect, and will never be anywhere in the world. A change to the better, though, should always be welcome as something positive.

It´s nice to see that a change is possible. Even if it is a small one, it actually seems like one place understood what they did wrong before.

My question here, is why some posters complain and try to find something wrong. Everything can´t be perfect, and will never be anywhere in the world. A change to the better, though, should always be welcome as something positive.
Posters are rightly sceptical because of the history of how things work here. eg, this new approach is likely to be nothing more than a flash in the pan, literally. Come back and report on this in two years time, we'll see how it works out.

Sent from my E5823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, bheard said:

Posters are rightly sceptical because of the history of how things work here. eg, this new approach is likely to be nothing more than a flash in the pan, literally. Come back and report on this in two years time, we'll see how it works out.

Sent from my E5823 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

So, ok wiseguy! Whatever they try to do, then all people that feel so sad about their own life, just get to complain. Good lifestyle! Kepp up your fantastic attitude.

Archived