The 12 Wild Boars return to their class-rooms

webfact

The 12 Wild Boars return to their class-rooms

By Thai PBS

Moo-Pa-to-School.png

The 12 members of the Wild Boars soccer team who grabbed world’s attention with their ordeal inside Tham Luang cave have finally returned to where they truly belong  — their class-rooms.  

A ceremony was held at the auditorium of Mae Sai Prasithisart School in Chiang Rai’s Mae Sai district this morning to welcome them back.

The ceremony was chaired by Somboon Sirivej, the Chiang Rai deputy governor, and attended by representatives of education offices supervising the schools.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/the-12-wild-boars-return-to-their-class-rooms/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-06

It’s back to school for ‘Wild Boars’

By THE NATION

2a0c7606c7e1af61a501f0fd247df975.jpeg

A BLESSING ritual was held on Monday to welcome 12 young footballers – who had been trapped inside the flooded Tham Luang cave for more than two weeks – back to their studies.

Aged between 11 and 16 years old, the schoolboys are members of the Chiang Rai-based Mu Pa Academy Mae Sai, known as the “Wild Boars”. 

“We have had concern for the boys. Now we will bring them back to school as soon as possible. We will also provide them with tutorial courses to help them catch up with their classmates,” Deputy Chiang Rai Governor Somboon Sirivej said. 

A classmate of one of the rescued boys said: “I am so happy that my friend is back. When he was trapped, I was so worried about his safety. I will help him where I can with classes that he has missed.” 

During the ritual, which took place at Maesaiprasitsart School, the rescued boys received holy threads of blessing. They were also given a free set of learning materials and football shirts of Bayern Munich, which sent the team shirts after hearing news of the boys’ being trapped and eventually rescued. 

A video clip showing they were still alive inside the cave, 10 days after they went missing, caught worldwide attention. Though they were trapped inside the cave without food and little light, they remained calm and cheerful. 

The 12 schoolboys and their assistant coach visited the Tham Luang cave in Chiang Rai province on June 23 on a sightseeing trip. But they ended up being stranded inside after a flash flood blocked their exit. 

Rescue operations began the following day and the search team soon expanded to about 10,000 people from various nations including Britain, Australia and China. 

Foreign cave divers played a key role in the rescue effort. 

While the effort culminated in the safe rescue of all 13 footballers, it claimed one life. An ex-SEAL, Saman Kunan, died during a diving operation inside the cave. 

His sculpture is now being cast at the Rongkhun Temple. National Artist Chalermchai Kositpipat and distinguished sculptor Sarawut Khummoonchai are among key contributors. “It’s now more than 60 per cent complete,” Sarawut said. 

Even though the sculpture is not yet complete, it has attracted much attention from tourists visiting the Rongkhun Temple. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351579

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-8-6

Disgusting, now even the bloody school director is jumping on the bandwagon.

Leave the poor boys alone, let them at least try to get back to being normal boys.

School directors thoughts ohh if i make a big fuss maybe i can get a piece of the action, pathetic.

BANGKOK: Thailand Wednesday  granted citizenship to stateless members of the football team rescued from a cave last month in a saga which gripped the world.

Today all of you get Thai citizenship," Mae Sai district chief Somsak Khanakham said in a ceremony on Wednesday at a local office, as they were handed national ID cards.

Somsak told AFP that the "Wild Boars incident" had nothing to do with the development and said they had merely qualified.

Many of Thailand's stateless people are from nomadic hill tribes and other ethnic groups who have for centuries lived around the borders of Thailand, Myanmar, Laos and China.

The family of one of the four footballers granted papers, Adul Som-on, is from Myanmar's Wa State, a self-governing region.

18 minutes ago, my friend I said:

BANGKOK: Thailand Wednesday  granted citizenship to stateless members of the football team rescued from a cave last month in a saga which gripped the world.

Today all of you get Thai citizenship," Mae Sai district chief Somsak Khanakham said in a ceremony on Wednesday at a local office, as they were handed national ID cards.

Somsak told AFP that the "Wild Boars incident" had nothing to do with the development and said they had merely qualified.

Many of Thailand's stateless people are from nomadic hill tribes and other ethnic groups who have for centuries lived around the borders of Thailand, Myanmar, Laos and China.

The family of one of the four footballers granted papers, Adul Som-on, is from Myanmar's Wa State, a self-governing region.

I'm very happy they were granted citizenship but "the Wild Boars incident had nothing to do with the development" sounds like pure unadulterated BS. That being the case, how about granting citizenship to others (just to prove the point). 

Archived