Thai media points finger at RTP: speculation rife that high profile cases won't be solved

webfact

Thai media points finger at RTP: speculation rife that high profile cases won't be solved

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Influential Thai media Daily News has said that speculation is rife in Thailand that the police are failing to get anywhere in high profile cases because of corruption in the force and influential relationships.

In one case they claim a female suspect may even have been murdered by the police in an attempt to protect high ranking officers. Though they concede she may just be "un-arrestable" because she is the daughter of a cop.

Other high profile murder cases have not been resolved in the last week prompting Daily News to point the finger at the Royal Thai Police.

The case of the female is that of Praphaphan "Opor" Phu-utha, 26, who was orgininally seen apparently being abducted in the street in Kalasin. Her hair being pulled was caught on CCTV as she was bundled into a vehicle on July 11th.

The case took a twist however when she was released then subsequently charged with YA Ba offences involving 4,000 pills.

But then, after she turned herself in when a warrant was issued, she "escaped" from a police interrogation room.

Daily News said twenty days have passed with no progress - they said it should have been relatively easy to find her.

Many Kalasin police were transferred pending an investigation but everything in the case has gone quiet despite a visit of top brass to the area in the shape of deputy national police chief Pol Gen Chalermkiat Sriworakhan.

Daily News went so far as to speculate that Opar may have been murdered by the police to stop her testifying against high ranking cops or that it may just be the case that no one dares arrest her because she is the daughter of a top policeman.

Other cases that seemed to have stalled are those of Mr Fat (Sia Uan) or Panya the Phuket businessman believed to be behind the slaying of Spy and Fos at Buddha Mountain near Pattaya last Sunday week.

The young people were gunned down in a hail of bullets in a car park near the popular tourist attraction in Sattahip.

Also of concern is the murder of high society businesswoman "Cherry" found bludgeoned by a baseball bat in a Bangkok hotel allegedly by a man the media are calling "Ai Go".

Both of these cases feature suspects who are believed to have fled over the border into Cambodia and Daily News are suggesting that these two may "go quiet" like the Opar case.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-07

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

that the police are failing to get anywhere in high profile cases because of corruption in the force and influential relationships.

Do they think this is news?

So the Thai media are finally saying what we have all known for a very long time. If you have the money and the connections the RTP will let you do whatever you want, while jumping down hard on ordinary people. It's very sad, but it is the truth.

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

Many Kalasin police were transferred pending an investigation but everything in the case has gone quiet despite a visit of top brass to the area in the shape of deputy national police chief Pol Gen Chalermkiat Sriworakhan.

He was there only to collect his share.

Only 2 recent cases mentioned, go back and there are so many 

more,you may hear of them in the beginning,but never again,

they really need investigative journalists and programs like

U.K.'s Panorama,but i fear they would be short lived,especially

the journalists,..........and so it goes on ,a country with 2 sets

of laws,one for the rich and influential,and another for the rest

of the population.

regards worgeordie

23 minutes ago, Darcula said:

We murdered them over here......No, no, you murdered them over there.

?m=02&d=20141003&t=2&i=980651893&r=LYNXN

If this wasn't such a zxy#&-up and complete mis-carriage of justice you could possibly get a bit of a laugh out of this complete and utter cock-up. 

36 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can I be the first to mention 'Red Bull' man?!

Well you could, but those who have the power but no balls to sort it out would like everyone to forget it... 

56 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Can I be the first to mention 'Red Bull' man?!

No probs with mentioning that, but the real problem for me is that so many crimes of the "well connected" go unsolved/unpunished throughout Thailand.

I bet that just about everyone on this forum, living in a good sized (plus) town/city can highlight such cases...…….

18 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

Junta's police reform will take care of this. Trust him. ?

The junta "reform" has been detrimental of the civil services, giving them the aire they can do no wrong or have to do nothing at all.   As we can see, people are suffering due to this.  Another problem for their crusader Suthep to explain away during the elections, should they ever happen.  It looks grim though.  All this bad news is pointing at the junta.  They cannot suffer a defeat like Abhisit.  Sadly, they will probably do something to hold on to power. 

21 minutes ago, yellowboat said:

The junta "reform" has been detrimental of the civil services, giving them the aire they can do no wrong or have to do nothing at all.   As we can see, people are suffering due to this.  Another problem for their crusader Suthep to explain away during the elections, should they ever happen.  It looks grim though.  All this bad news is pointing at the junta.  They cannot suffer a defeat like Abhisit.  Sadly, they will probably do something to hold on to power. 

The junta never have been serious to reform the police and the military. These reforms were outside the scope of the 20 year national plan. People will continue to suffer their wrongdoings and corruptions for an unforeseeable future. Agreed with you that it will be grim unless someone who will take the country helm has the political will and strong desire to do something. Hoping for a momentous election of an elected government while preparing for the worst. 

PS. The 20 year national plan has yet to be royally endorsed. Intriguing!

6 minutes ago, Eric Loh said:

The junta never have been serious to reform the police and the military. These reforms were outside the scope of the 20 year national plan. People will continue to suffer their wrongdoings and corruptions for an unforeseeable future. Agreed with you that it will be grim unless someone who will take the country helm has the political will and strong desire to do something. Hoping for a momentous election of an elected government while preparing for the worst. 

PS. The 20 year national plan has yet to be royally endorsed. Intriguing!

With an election coming it is probably wise not to endorse any plans... 

56 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

if the woman in the photo wants to interview me I am ready to tell her everything I know.

I wish I had your drive, or maybe I don't. 

There are many women who stand up for themselves and try to make things right in this silly country.  Hope she gives them the bollocking they so badly deserve. 

Police are truly the scums of Thai society, Thai citizens needs to stand up and keep out the police and military from holding office. Just take a look at history, the is either been rule by the military, or even during Democratic elections, Thaksin elevated the status of the police. Which brought about non ending corruptions.  But things will only change when education improves, so far education continues to slide backward, Thai society is getting worse and worse. We've been talking about education reform for the past 20 years, nothing is ever done - politicians think they can buy tablet pcs, and give equipment to make students smarter! lol what a joke

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

Police are truly the scums of Thai society, Thai citizens needs to stand up and keep out the police and military from holding office. Just take a look at history, the is either been rule by the military, or even during Democratic elections, Thaksin elevated the status of the police. Which brought about non ending corruptions.  But things will only change when education improves, so far education continues to slide backward, Thai society is getting worse and worse. We've been talking about education reform for the past 20 years, nothing is ever done - politicians think they can buy tablet pcs, and give equipment to make students smarter! lol what a joke

But submarines, planes, and tanks will help them become smarter.... 

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

So the Thai media are finally saying what we have all known for a very long time. If you have the money and the connections the RTP will let you do whatever you want, while jumping down hard on ordinary people. It's very sad, but it is the truth.

Black panther soup anyone? 

11 hours ago, darksidedog said:

And the whole world knows it...so this is not news but wonder if anyone will be going to jail for saying it? One has to wonder if some of the cases that are solved are resolved with the actual perpetrator held responsible for the crime or someone else that was unfortunate enough to be selected to be guilty.

Hey i couldnt even take the local mayor to court because of bullying by police. Doesnt bother me ao much and its an ongoing battle about land issues but from my experience ita not just high profile case. police are corrupt to the core. there only there to intervene and take there unearned money. lock em all up i say!

Archived