BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Thai media points finger at RTP: speculation rife that high profile cases won't be solved

Thai media points finger at RTP: speculation rife that high profile cases won't be solved

3pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Influential Thai media Daily News has said that speculation is rife in Thailand that the police are failing to get anywhere in high profile cases because of corruption in the force and influential relationships.

In one case they claim a female suspect may even have been murdered by the police in an attempt to protect high ranking officers. Though they concede she may just be "un-arrestable" because she is the daughter of a cop.

Other high profile murder cases have not been resolved in the last week prompting Daily News to point the finger at the Royal Thai Police.

The case of the female is that of Praphaphan "Opor" Phu-utha, 26, who was orgininally seen apparently being abducted in the street in Kalasin. Her hair being pulled was caught on CCTV as she was bundled into a vehicle on July 11th.

The case took a twist however when she was released then subsequently charged with YA Ba offences involving 4,000 pills.

But then, after she turned herself in when a warrant was issued, she "escaped" from a police interrogation room.

Daily News said twenty days have passed with no progress - they said it should have been relatively easy to find her.

Many Kalasin police were transferred pending an investigation but everything in the case has gone quiet despite a visit of top brass to the area in the shape of deputy national police chief Pol Gen Chalermkiat Sriworakhan.

Daily News went so far as to speculate that Opar may have been murdered by the police to stop her testifying against high ranking cops or that it may just be the case that no one dares arrest her because she is the daughter of a top policeman.

Other cases that seemed to have stalled are those of Mr Fat (Sia Uan) or Panya the Phuket businessman believed to be behind the slaying of Spy and Fos at Buddha Mountain near Pattaya last Sunday week.

The young people were gunned down in a hail of bullets in a car park near the popular tourist attraction in Sattahip.

Also of concern is the murder of high society businesswoman "Cherry" found bludgeoned by a baseball bat in a Bangkok hotel allegedly by a man the media are calling "Ai Go".

Both of these cases feature suspects who are believed to have fled over the border into Cambodia and Daily News are suggesting that these two may "go quiet" like the Opar case.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-07

13 minutes ago, webfact said:

that the police are failing to get anywhere in high profile cases because of corruption in the force and influential relationships.

Do they think this is news?

So the Thai media are finally saying what we have all known for a very long time. If you have the money and the connections the RTP will let you do whatever you want, while jumping down hard on ordinary people. It's very sad, but it is the truth.

34 minutes ago, webfact said:

Many Kalasin police were transferred pending an investigation but everything in the case has gone quiet despite a visit of top brass to the area in the shape of deputy national police chief Pol Gen Chalermkiat Sriworakhan.

He was there only to collect his share.

The Daily News journo' must either have a death wish or is very very well connected - however, despite any 

connection could still over-balance a balcony railing. 

Can I be the first to mention 'Red Bull' man?!

We murdered them over here......No, no, you murdered them over there.

?m=02&d=20141003&t=2&i=980651893&r=LYNXN

Only 2 recent cases mentioned, go back and there are so many 

more,you may hear of them in the beginning,but never again,

they really need investigative journalists and programs like

U.K.'s Panorama,but i fear they would be short lived,especially

the journalists,..........and so it goes on ,a country with 2 sets

of laws,one for the rich and influential,and another for the rest

of the population.

regards worgeordie

23 minutes ago, Darcula said:

We murdered them over here......No, no, you murdered them over there.

?m=02&d=20141003&t=2&i=980651893&r=LYNXN

If this wasn't such a zxy#&-up and complete mis-carriage of justice you could possibly get a bit of a laugh out of this complete and utter cock-up. 

36 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Well you could, but those who have the power but no balls to sort it out would like everyone to forget it... 

56 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

No probs with mentioning that, but the real problem for me is that so many crimes of the "well connected" go unsolved/unpunished throughout Thailand.

I bet that just about everyone on this forum, living in a good sized (plus) town/city can highlight such cases...…….