Koh Phangan locals call for action against naked foreigner's "Naughty Yoga" sessions

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, shackleton said:

I remember when it was 29 Baht to the pound 

i am still here  did not stop the Brit Tourists coming either 

so 35 to 40 Baht. Is not a big deal hopefully wont happen

but the Brits voted for Brexit  so come what May 

That was back in 1984.  Since 1985 it's been above 30.  The real spike came with the financial crisis of 1997.  It was around 38 at the time (petrol was 7 baht a litre) and rose to around a hundred for a short time.  It did stay at 80+ for quite a while.

20 hours ago, ezzra said:

If it wasn't for the million girly bars pubs, massage places, whore houses and all in between in Thailand, i would have agreed with the locals, but as such where modest beach nudity is the least obscene eye sore for some, eye candy for others, right now in Thailand, but what can you do when it's easy to be a hypocrite and play the pious person when your back yard is full of filth...

These hypocrites constantly drunk on Moralin and their superior high moral standards should calm down, simply adding "Naughty Yoga" to the countless usual and accepted naughty’s surrounding them and turn their outrage to:
"Naughty domestic violence”, "Naughty killings”, "Naughty monks & abotts”, "Naughty corrupt officials”, "Naughty cheating & lying”, "Naughty politics”, etc.etc.

21 hours ago, ezzra said:

If it wasn't for the million girly bars pubs, massage places, whore houses and all in between in Thailand, i would have agreed with the locals, but as such where modest beach nudity is the least obscene eye sore for some, eye candy for others, right now in Thailand, but what can you do when it's easy to be a hypocrite and play the pious person when your back yard is full of filth...

Their country their rules. i am but a guest here.

All joking aside, which is spirit of the majority of this thread thus far, this is a matter of legality. Tourists should go to a country that allows nude sun-bathing if that's their intention, some of which are closer to home for Europeans anyway. If you violate the law in Thailand, one shouldn't be surprised when the police show up to make arrests. Tourists that intentionally break the law give hypocritical Thais even more reason to look down on expats living in Thailand (because all us non-Asian white people are alike). The delayed actions of the police in this case seem to be the norm for things that don't put money in their pockets. As for the "filth" that Thais promote (as is cited above), I'm not aware of any live sex shows on the beach in Pattaya. If there are such live sex shows performed in clubs in Pattaya, then perhaps they are not in violation of public nudity laws because it's a non-public venue. I honestly don't understand the interest in nude beaches, sex shows, or even titty bars for that matter. I'd much rather view a body that I can actually fondle until I lose interest.

38 minutes ago, HHTel said:

That was back in 1984.  Since 1985 it's been above 30.  The real spike came with the financial crisis of 1997.  It was around 38 at the time (petrol was 7 baht a litre) and rose to around a hundred for a short time.  It did stay at 80+ for quite a while.

Are exchange rates somehow mysteriously connected to having fat aging tourist's junk on display while doing the downward dog?  Last thing I want to see is some old birds breakfast from that angle regardless of how much it cost in Matabele Gumbo Beads...

4 hours ago, RickG16 said:

Baht dropping below 30....any evidence to back up this 'economic forecast'? 

No one knows the future for sure. It was predicted by fx money on the internet. It gives a breakdown from next month onwards over the next 5 years. It says under 40 by January so let's see if that happens first. I guess a brexit deal will impact on the future.

1 hour ago, shackleton said:

I remember when it was 29 Baht to the pound 

i am still here  did not stop the Brit Tourists coming either 

so 35 to 40 Baht. Is not a big deal hopefully wont happen

but the Brits voted for Brexit  so come what May 

Really? That's news to me about 29 baht to the pound. When did that happen?

21 hours ago, johng said:

There is a naked man....!!!!!!   outrageous.....

yoga.jpg.a5d08a1b984b2420c606091ecd36f607.jpg

it also says the foreigners will be fined 2000 baht,  where as other reports see Thais fined 500 baht for public indecency...so more double pricing.

That is cos their penis is a quarter of the size so its only fair they pay less

21 hours ago, johng said:

There is a naked man....!!!!!!   outrageous.....

yoga.jpg.a5d08a1b984b2420c606091ecd36f607.jpg

it also says the foreigners will be fined 2000 baht,  where as other reports see Thais fined 500 baht for public indecency...so more double pricing.

..double pricking.

1 hour ago, mike1967 said:

Really? That's news to me about 29 baht to the pound. When did that happen?

I've already responded to that.  It was 28 in 1984. From '85 onwards it's always been above 30.  38 in 1997 before the financial crash which knocked the baht for 6 soaring close to 100 before settling back at 80+

That means Shackleton has been here at least 34 years.  Either he was quite young when he arrived or he's really old now..... lol

Why not just declare Hat Laem Son as a nudist beach, then foreign tourists know where to head for legally nude sun bathing, nude swimming, and/or nude yoga sessions; and the locals knows where not to look..?

It sometimes seem like the authorities make great efforts to have tourists not to come back – like removing the street vendors in Khao San Road; and removing all beach chairs, umbrellas and restaurants on Phuket's beaches – there might be another reason, beyond currency exchange rate, that explain why the number of European tourists are slightly decreasing...?

There are naturist resorts in Thailand and some beaches that are advertised as naturist.  Why not just designate some beaches as such. There is a Naturist Society of Thailand and they advertise private naturist beaches.

So they are around.

2 hours ago, HHTel said:

I've already responded to that.  It was 28 in 1984. From '85 onwards it's always been above 30.  38 in 1997 before the financial crash which knocked the baht for 6 soaring close to 100 before settling back at 80+

That means Shackleton has been here at least 34 years.  Either he was quite young when he arrived or he's really old now..... lol

That is interesting, I didn't know that. On the other hand though, how much was beer back in 1984? If the baht was 28 and a beer was 28 then I guess people would still go. Now in Phuket a beer is 150 baht and with an exchange rate of 28 I would think it will not seem anywhere as attractive. Just using beer as example, all other prices will be relative. The statistics are already showing a massive decline of expats and people working in Thailand. Why would you think that is?

Well, hmmm, I guess we should all close our borders. Stay in our own countries, dont trade with anyone outside our countries, dont travel outside our country, continue to let all governments decide who is "our" enemies, then proceed to lock down our planet so ET's can't visit. That's what I call a planet from hell! Everything on this planet has gone to hell in a handbasket! And it's allgot to do with lack of morals, that arenolonger taught. 

We're all morons for allowing our world to be like this! We point one finger, 3 are pointing back at us.

Let me be the first to apologize to the world!  I'm sorry for being a part of this earthly society as my actions or lack of actions has played a roll in our own demise! Stop complaining and step upto the plate and do your part to correct the issue. Any suggestions?

This Government has a very twisted Mindset.....if they are serious and want to uphold Prudish Values ...then set an example from all Thais. Cannot be naked on beach amongst friends but can be in Hotels, Ladybar Rooms, Anywhere....with Total Strangers....Money...Money...Money

On 8/7/2018 at 3:56 PM, kannot said:

Whilst they have a crap at the same time

And of course with some Russian Sex Instructors on how to do the dodgy part. 

Why did the two girls in a bikini have to get dressed and come with them? Oh, I forgot. They'd create serial rapists who'd be innocent because the girls provoked them. A night in the bunker? 

Archived