Koh Phangan locals call for action against naked foreigner's "Naughty Yoga" sessions

webfact

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, catman20 said:

Thailand need to grow up after all it is the biggest whore house in the world everyone knows it but they still keep trying to protect there image 

They have an image to protect??  I must have missed that!

20 hours ago, mike1967 said:

I think it's common knowledge Thai people don't want foreigners in Thailand but they still want the money. There's a committee, as we speak, trying to work out how this can be done !!!

Yes common knowledge of some brain dead expats.

20 hours ago, crazykopite said:

No mention about the girlie bars where the Thai prositutes wear very little so that they can bare all their assets , think there is more important things to do than the police to roam a secluded beach where a few tourists have stripped off to get a sun tan . I for one would rather see the police spend time on rounding up all the drug dealers on the island and put a stop to all night parties which go on until 6 in the morning .

Can you imagine, I mean in your wildest dreams, that there might be a difference between urban and rural locations?

3 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Why not set aside a few isolated beach areas for suit-free swimmers? That works in many other countries. 

Are these western backpackers and cheap charlies of interest to Thailand? May be only when Chinese tour groups carried to these beaches to watch this kind of species.

9 minutes ago, bermannor said:

Are these western backpackers and cheap charlies of interest to Thailand? May be only when Chinese tour groups carried to these beaches to watch this kind of species.

Didn't seem to be all cheap Charlie's at the few such beaches I visited in Europe, Canada, and even a few in prudish USA.

2 minutes ago, Mac98 said:

Didn't seem to be all cheap Charlie's at the few such beaches I visited in Europe, Canada, and even a few in prudish USA.

We are talking of farangs in Thailand. In Europe there are plenty of those beaches. Check Cap d'Adge and the bay of pigs ?

8 hours ago, bermannor said:

Yes common knowledge of some brain dead expats.

Well, if they want us there so much why do they keep changing the visa laws making it more and more difficult to stay for any length of time? Guess some people are still in denial about what really goes on in Thailand.

3 hours ago, killala said:

Who cares?

The cops. The people arrested. Anyone who might ever want to go there, now or in the future, and anyone who believes there should be variety in life with freedom of choice. 

3 hours ago, mike1967 said:

Well, if they want us there so much why do they keep changing the visa laws making it more and more difficult to stay for any length of time? Guess some people are still in denial about what really goes on in Thailand.

They hardly know what to do, trying to do what the boss says, who also has a boss whilst looking out for his own interests.. its not simple when there is different applications of the law depending on whos deciding 

4 minutes ago, Seeall said:

They hardly know what to do, trying to do what the boss says, who also has a boss whilst looking out for his own interests.. its not simple when there is different applications of the law depending on whos deciding 

I agree totally but a few years back I was staying in Thailand for 9 months of the year under the old visa rules. Last year I was there for hardly 2 months. Maybe they don't need the income but the new system definitely isn't working for me.

On 8/8/2018 at 9:58 AM, Dazinoz said:

I have not done interviews myself but I know many ladies that wear long clothing on very hot days so they don't get the sun and go darker. They have personally told me when I asked why they wear.  They want WHITE. So I would say not total BS.

Definitely, this is true across most of Southeast Asia. Philippines may be an exception as it's a Christian country and far more exposed to western culture and ideas. Brazil is another country that fully embraces a dark tan. But in Thailand it's looked down upon, for the same reason a suntan was looked down upon in 18th century Britain - it suggests someone to be an uneducated farm labourer who works outdoors all day. 

On 8/8/2018 at 7:57 AM, crazykopite said:

In 2009 it dropped to 35 to the £ so you can never say never. It’s now August that’s European holiday time yet the island is extremely quiet think people have woken up and realised they can get more buck for their money by going to other countries.

Way off. Throughout 2009 it was in the low 50s, it subsequently slid further to the mid 40s, though it then recovered and climbed back to the mid 50s immediately prior to the Brexit referendum. The last time the exchange rate hit 35 to the pound was in 1985 (it was also in the high 30s in the early 1990s briefly). 

It's certainly alarming that Brexit wiped off 20% overnight and the pound is at it's lowest in the past 25 years, with things seemingly moving in one direction only. Here's a graph from 1980 to the present:

1534112766595.jpg

On 8/8/2018 at 9:05 AM, Kerryd said:

Actually, it was more likely the Japanese in the 1930/40s that had an influence. American Missionaries never made great progress in converting Thais. Women in urban areas (like Bangkok) had started dressing in more "Western" styles since the early part of the century, while women in the rural areas continues wearing more traditional attire (including being topless a lot).

The influence was from the West, the Thai elite were generally educated there and wished to emulate their values. Same was true in Japan since the late 19th century. The truth of this is evident in the fact that sarongs were also commonly worn with nothing on top everywhere in the region 100 years ago, not to mention places further afield like Bali and the South seas. 

On 8/8/2018 at 10:43 AM, shackleton said:

I remember when it was 29 Baht to the pound 

29 baht went a long way in the mid 1980s. Thailand in the past few years is starting to become expensive in a way it never has been before. 

On 8/8/2018 at 11:27 AM, dpspike said:

I honestly don't understand the interest in nude beaches, sex shows, or even titty bars for that matter. I'd much rather view a body that I can actually fondle until I lose interest.

Isn't that a titty bar? 

Archived