Boris Johnson slammed over Islamophobic comments

webfact

• Replies 861
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Phuket Man said:

No, He is saying what racist bigoted people think.

Having an opinion that differs from yours doesn't make someone racist or bigoted.

If you want an example of bigotry take a look at what a lot of Islamic clerics preach.

Or go to an Islamic country and openly walk around wearing a crucifix and carrying a bible and see how things work out.

I never know what is offensive or not these days. I am so non PC that I often say things people find offensive. I do agree with him. The hajib is rather attractive, and usually I consider women wearing them to be fairly moderate in their beliefs. But, the Niqab and the burka are downright ridiculous. Why on earth do you need to be entirely covered up with a little slit for your eyes? The middle eastern men who insist their women wear them, strike me as the most insecure men on the planet. If my woman is covered from head to foot, and nobody can see her face, body, or skin, nobody will desire her, and she cannot get in trouble. While that reasoning might have worked in 1290AD, it seems rather inane, silly, inappropriate, grossly misogynistic, and brain dead these days. Am I missing something here? 

Lastly, the debate about assimilation. How on earth can we hope that people from these nations who wear these ridiculous costumes, can assimilate into our societies? Is Johnson being Islamophobic, or just saying what many of us are thinking?

scarf-651554.jpgISLAM_-_Islam-women.jpg.46b1402a4b9fb015263bdf1b5f1199e3.jpg

hijab-7-638.jpg

2 hours ago, RuamRudy said:

Another clear example of Johnson's innate racism. I will await the mass outrage of the press and the gammons as they condemn in the harshest possible terms his disgusting behaviour. I also fully expect every aspect of his public and private life past to be dredged up in a series of exposes over the next 6 months as the carefully planned narrative develops, although I would prefer that he is pilloried with objective examples - we have seen too clearly how the press manipulates things out of context or simply lies to fulfil their editorial objectives. 

Why would Johnson be a "racist"?  I did not know there was a race based on religion...

Shlomo Sand, prof history Tel Aviv University describes the problems about this issue in the first 100 pages of his book "The Invention of the Jewish People"

16 minutes ago, spidermike007 said:

I never know what is offensive or not these days. I am so non PC that I often say things people find offensive. I do agree with him. The hajib is rather attractive, and usually I consider women wearing them to be fairly moderate in their beliefs. But, the Niqab and the burka are downright ridiculous. Why on earth do you need to be entirely covered up with a little slit for your eyes? The middle eastern men who insist their women wear them, strike me as the most insecure men on the planet. If my woman is covered from head to foot, and nobody can see her face, body, or skin, nobody will desire her, and she cannot get in trouble. While that reasoning might have worked in 1290AD, it seems rather inane, silly, inappropriate, grossly misogynistic, and brain dead these days. Am I missing something here? 

Lastly, the debate about assimilation. How on earth can we hope that people from these nations who wear these ridiculous costumes, can assimilate into our societies? Is Johnson being Islamophobic, or just saying what many of us are thinking?

scarf-651554.jpgISLAM_-_Islam-women.jpg.46b1402a4b9fb015263bdf1b5f1199e3.jpgimageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

hijab-7-638.jpg

"Lastly, the debate about assimilation. How on earth can we hope that people from these nations who wear these ridiculous costumes, can assimilate into our societies?"

I agree entirely, and this is one of my main concerns about the burka and niqab.

The other being that it is an outward symbol of male misogyny and should therefore, be completely unacceptable.

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I like Boris, he's such a buffoon but this time he's cracked a classic...

He's spot on though and he has refused to apologize, for once sticking to his believes and not pandering to others believes...

Seems you are in favour of racist buffoons?

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Buffoon’s more bigoted side being revealed. 

i am not a moslem and sharia law/islam is bigot me....please explain what you mean by bigoted?
this is a genuine ask not a wind up.

5 hours ago, cornishcarlos said:

I like Boris, he's such a buffoon but this time he's cracked a classic...

He's spot on though and he has refused to apologize, for once sticking to his believes and not pandering to others believes...

English people say worse thing about the Irish all the time, and they don't go around getting knicker twisted about it.

IMO, the fact that women have to go around wearing such ridiculous face coverings in this century is an affront to women, and it's time they rebelled and refused to wear them. 

I also don't understand why they are allowed in western countries, when they are an obvious way for terrorists to hide their identity.

Boris was actually defending the right of moslim women to wear the burqa, but we live in a very sensitive society where the least innocuous remark stirs outrage from a certain section of our society these days.

What's the problem Jonners is only saying it like it is .. They do look like letter box slits .. Typical overreaction of the " you can't say that " brigade .. And not to be forgotten is one of the unsuccessful London bombers of late July 2005 done a runner outta the UK .. wearing a burkha .. which is conveniently overlooked .. 

51 minutes ago, wombat said:

i am not a moslem and sharia law/islam is bigot me....please explain what you mean by bigoted?
this is a genuine ask not a wind up.

He is pandering to the hate vote with his choice of language. 

He is a bigot. 

30 minutes ago, blazes said:

And who, pray, gets to choose what is "derogatory"?

His deliberate choice of words were always going to cause offence.

He knew the terms he used would be seen as derogatory. 

He is a bigot. 

Just now, Bluespunk said:

His deliberate choiceofwords were always going to cause offence.

He knew the terms he used would be seen as derogatory. 

He is a bigot. 

"He is a bigot"?

As Josef Goebbels taught the world: if you repeat a lie often enough, people will come to believe it.

Pre planned article knowing the response and euphoria it would receive. All part of the plan to stand against May.

He won’t back down as would show weakness and she cannot let it go for same reason.

Everyone knows where this games going.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Just now, blazes said:

"He is a bigot"?

As Josef Goebbels taught the world: if you repeat a lie often enough, people will come to believe it.

While I do repeat for emphasis I don’t really need to do so 

johnson’s choice of words do it for him 

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Having an opinion that differs from yours doesn't make someone racist or bigoted.

If you want an example of bigotry take a look at what a lot of Islamic clerics preach.

Or go to an Islamic country and openly walk around wearing a crucifix and carrying a bible and see how things work out.

I'll second that. Several years ago I secured a cheap flight UK - Kuwait - BKK on Kuwait Airways. I am a Catholic, and always carry a set of Rosary Beads in a small leather pouch in my pocket. Going through security whilst transmitting through Kuwait before boarding the flight to BKK they were confiscated. I was told that they were not allowed in Kuwait. I protested but to no avail. 

30 minutes later, at the boarding gate, I was asked to identify myself to the boarding staff. A chap in a suit and headscarf looked long and hard at my passport, gave me a filthy look, hissed something in Arabic (I don't think it was have a good flight) and handed the Rosary back to me. 

4 hours ago, Jingthing said:

I think such remarks are OK for comedians but politicians should zip it. As far as the controversy about total cover of women, that's a legitimate political issue about whether to ban them in public or at least in certain public settings. The total cover is not mandated by Islam. It's a cultural thing. The idea is that men might get too excited seeing any flesh and not be able to control themselves. Maybe cover the men's eyes? 

He is a comedian. 

Archived