"Murdered" foreigner found in Udon Thani: He's a 58 year old Russian man

webfact

"Murdered" foreigner found in Udon Thani: He's a 58 year old Russian man

2PM.jpg

Picture: INN

The corpse found in downtown Udon Thani on Monday morning has been identified as Mr Vladimir Firsov, a 58 year old Russian man, reported INN.

INN quoted deputy chief of police Pol Col Krissana Pattanacharoen as saying that no conclusions can yet be drawn in the death of Mr Firsov as local police, forensics and other agencies work on a quick resolution of the case.

They said that national police chief Pol Gen Chakthip Chaijinda had ordered joint operations to resolve the case swiftly with immigration and tourist police also involved.

They implied that it was a case of national importance especially in relation to tourist confidence and for those foreigners residing in the kingdom.

Representation have been made to the Russian embassy.

Earlier it was reported that the body was found in a wooded and grassy area off Wattananuwong Road in Muang district of the north eastern Thai city.

Thai media said it was murder. The body was in an advanced state of decay and had been in the woods for about two weeks.

There was evidence of strangulation with a yellow ligature. Similar binding was on the feet. There was speculation that the victim was murdered elsewhere and dumped at the site.

Police were tracing vagrants who had lived in makeshift camps in the area but who had recently moved out.

Various items were found with the body such as a phone, MP3 player and a small amount of money in a cloth zip up wallet.

There was also an indication through a tourist ticket that the victim may have been in Koh Samui.

Investigations continue.

Source: INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media said it was murder. The body was in an advanced state of decay and had been in the woods for about two weeks.

There was evidence of strangulation with a yellow ligature. Similar binding was on the feet. There was speculation that the victim was murdered elsewhere and dumped at the site.

I hope the police don't say it was suicide, the same as the case in Pattaya over twenty years ago. They discovered a body tied to a pier stanchion underwater. The hands were tied behind its back and strapped to the stanchion.

If this body died elsewhere, perhaps the police might say someone could have thought it was a bag of rubbish and fly-tipped it.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

So we can forget suicide in this case, that's a good start , 

Now all we need is Sherlock Holmes. 

18 minutes ago, eggers said:

Why is it criminal activities, either victims or perpetrators, in Thailand, seem to involve Russians more often than not??

Not always, from what I've read, Brits seem to have the monopoly of falling over high-up apartment balconies.

30 minutes ago, swanny321 said:

I doubted homeless vagrants would be well organized enough

to bind his feet and strangle him with ligatures; sounds pre-meditated.

The first thing a homeless vagrant would do is search the pockets for any valuables after committing a murder. I find it more likely they ran away as fast as possible, after they spotted the package. Not a bad idea after what happened to the Myanmar guys.

32 minutes ago, balo said:

No need! - TVF finest sleuths will be along shortly, soon have this case wrapped up, I am giving it some thought also - at this time I am leaning towards assisted suicide ?

Unless there has been some "typographic ligature" in the reporting :shock1:

57 minutes ago, balo said:

As long as they dont end up with the conclusion self strangulation….

2 hours ago, swanny321 said:

I doubted homeless vagrants would be well organized enough

to bind his feet and strangle him with ligatures; sounds pre-meditated.

Or leave his belongings behind - including a phone which is probably how they managed to identify him as Russian.

2 hours ago, balo said:

Well no, the next headline might possibly read. ...what was thought to be a ligature was in fact his yellow shoelaces, which he tied around his own neck. Perhaps mistaking his neck for his shoes in his drunkeness.

You may laugh balo, but these things are known to evolve in this way in Thailand 

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

Not always, from what I've read, Brits seem to have the monopoly of falling over high-up apartment balconies.

Question:-  "Why is it criminal activities, either victims or perpetrators, in Thailand, seem to involve Russians more often than not?"

Answer:- "Not always, from what I've read, Brits seem to have the monopoly of falling over high-up apartment balconies."

Racist comment - you are implying that all Brits who fall off (over?) high apartment buildings are involved in  "criminal activities, either victims or perpetrators"?

4 hours ago, Kadilo said:

What would you like them to do ?

Wow! Funny guy.

You did not see any irony in my comment. Like surprised to hear they will continue investigate, instead of leave it as it is.

Of course, you didn´t. Don´t worry. A good advice for you might be to not bother to commetn things you do not have the capability to understand the underlying meaning of.

This time you at leat got an explaination. Cheers!

2 hours ago, Lupatria said:

The first thing a homeless vagrant would do is search the pockets for any valuables after committing a murder. I find it more likely they ran away as fast as possible, after they spotted the package. Not a bad idea after what happened to the Myanmar guys.

Oh...Inspector Clouseau?

I don't know, it looks like you have all gotten drunk and fallen off your bar stools. There are not many Russians around Udon, they mainly stay down around Pattaya area and at a Sherlock Holmes guess I would say that he possibly double crossed the Russian Mafia in Pattaya and fled in hiding to Udon but they caught up with he so he will not be returning to Pattaya now. How is that one?

1 hour ago, Russell17au said:

I don't know, it looks like you have all gotten drunk and fallen off your bar stools. There are not many Russians around Udon, they mainly stay down around Pattaya area and at a Sherlock Holmes guess I would say that he possibly double crossed the Russian Mafia in Pattaya and fled in hiding to Udon but they caught up with he so he will not be returning to Pattaya now. How is that one?

Slick but you are up to something.

4 hours ago, Get Real said:

Wow! Funny guy.

You did not see any irony in my comment. Like surprised to hear they will continue investigate, instead of leave it as it is.

Of course, you didn´t. Don´t worry. A good advice for you might be to not bother to commetn things you do not have the capability to understand the underlying meaning of.

This time you at leat got an explaination. Cheers!

A good advice for you would be to explain in more than one word as opposed to rushing in to get the first post. 

Bye 

1 hour ago, DavCurtis said:

Slick but you are up to something.

Who me? Up to something. na. There is another thread that could be linked to this one that is about a Russian in Pattaya who had a chance to leave Thailand after drug offences and he now faces murder rap. This other thread was started 9 hours ago.

Archived