Hua Hin high speed rail: Plans to have the station downtown

webfact

Hua Hin high speed rail: Plans to have the station downtown

20180807070808_new18.jpg

Picture: New TV

Thai media has reported that plans to have the Hua Hin high speed railway station out of town have been shelved.

The idea is now to put the station close to the town center for the convenience of tourists and visitors.

Station master Prasong Komuk revealed to New TV a conversation with communications' minister Arkhom Termphitayaphaisit in which he said that plans for a station seven kilometers south of the town in Ban Nong Kae were now off.

The new station would be constructed near the site of the current one.

NT.jpg

Picture: New TV

The idea appeared to be to move the current station 225 meters south but retain its iconic architecture that is popular with visitors.

Meanwhile the new station will be part of an elevated section.

INN reported that the minister confirmed changes to the plans for the 33 billion baht railway that will run between Nakorn Pathom and Chumpon.

Sources: New TV, INN

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-08

4pm.jpg

4pm1.jpg

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Thai media has reported that plans to have the Hua Hin high speed railway station out of town have been shelved.

The only thing 'high speed' about this bullshit express #1 are the fast-talking bureaucrats.

3 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

Where the station in Pattaya? 

railway that will run between Nakorn Pathom and Chumpon.

Am I missing something?

Nakhon pathom is about an hour west of Bkk while Chumpon is down in the south...

a good idea for a fast rail link which at the moment is lacking in speed..

Where does Pattaya come into this conversation??

4 hours ago, hhinhh said:

Hope they are thinking about proper road access and parking to avoid a new chaos.

Now you are just being greedy!  Expect too much and you are bound to be disappointed.  :sleep:

I do wonder what the old station buildings will be used for.  Retaining the iconic" old station building is admirable, but it surely must be used for something?  

Fantastic, hope we get a fast trak to Huahin Airport and to Suwarmab. TAT must do more to get turists to the area.
We??? I doubt.
Most probably your grandkids might see .
Furthermore I cannot see any need for more tourists here. Already too many Farangs in HH.

1 hour ago, observer90210 said:

Why not extend the express rail line to Nigeria,  for a fast track African Express from Lagos direct to HH, via BKK ? Quality tourists would love the convenience !...and so would the Hon. Mr Big Joke !

Maybe they would, but it's a long way from Lagos just to use the toilets.

My house is 500m from the Southern Railroad line. They started clearing the land for the new hi speed train. Soon in Chumphon....

Does anybody have a link for the hi speed train project? Would be nice to see where the planned stops will be.

But I am also curious; why from Nakhorn Pathom? How do you get to Bangkok proper, or the airport for that matter, from there?

And why to Chumphon only? I would expect Surat Thani at least, or really Hat Yai.

• 3 months later...

Improved transport is to get all the BKK hiso to their new condos in HH. And there are a lot of new condos!

It will be great for the local economy, but will raise prices a bit for all of us.

I do worry about the traffic. New traffic circles notwithstanding, I am not sure the roads are ready for increased passenger volumes going on and off the rail lines  and all the car traffic that involves.

We'll see what happens. 

Any word on when the new rail line will open? Construction is certainly underway.

Archived