American who threw body of 7 month old son into New York river is arrested in Thailand

webfact

American who threw body of 7 month old son into New York river is arrested in Thailand

usa-new-york-manhattan-lower-manhattan-east-river-brooklyn-bridge-and-lower-manhattan-skyline-including-freedom-tower_ejk7_ufbx__F0000.jpg

Brooklyn Bridge//File photo

An American man who police say threw the body of his dead baby into a river in New York has been detained after fleeing to Thailand.

James Currie, 37, was held by police after arriving in Bangkok on Wednesday.

Officers at the NYPD say Currie carried the corpse of his 7 month old baby in a backpack around New York before throwing the boy’s body into the East River close to the Brooklyn Bridge.

Currie collected the boy from his mother on Saturday and took him back to his Bronx apartment as part of a custody agreement.  

"The child was at that time alive, apparently in healthy condition, and this is corroborated by video,” said Chief of Detectives Dermot Shea.

CCTV footage then shows Currie leaving his apartment on Sunday holding a backpack with a blanket draped over it.

Currie was then seen walking near South Street Seaport shortly before the body of his son was discovered by a tourist on the Manhattan shoreline.

On Monday, Currie boarded a flight to Thailand.

Police were contacted on Monday evening by the boy’s mother when she reported her son had not been dropped off at daycare.

Police said Currie will be sent back to New York to face a felony charge of concealment of a human corpse, although charges could be upgraded once an official cause of death is established.

tvn_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-09

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My word.. one have to be the lowest of the low vile and cruel to this to anyone let alone to a baby and his baby at that, no known punishment will suffice to inflict on this scum of the earth.... 

Whilst he does seem to have committed some sort of crime, it seems very premature to accuse this man of being "scum" or indeed anything else. There could have been some sort of accident and he could have panicked. People do that.

Plenty of time to criticise him later when the facts are known and he has been tried.

It's about time the criminals from abroad got caught before they could do any bad to the thais. Good work to the police and agencies that helped to nab this guy prior to his entering the kingdom. 

My condolences to the mother though who must now live in knowing her baby was killed and dumped into a river by the father.  

KittenKong may be correct however evidence suggests the baby was alive entering the fathers apartment and seems more likely it was in the backpack when the father left. Videos should prove this easily enough. Good they got this scum off the streets . 

36 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Whilst he does seem to have committed some sort of crime, it seems very premature to accuse this man of being "scum" or indeed anything else. There could have been some sort of accident and he could have panicked. People do that.

Plenty of time to criticise him later when the facts are known and he has been tried.

Even if he did "panic" , there's no excuse for what he did .

If it was an accident , he would need to be a very stupid person to throw the body in the water and then escape to Thailand .

More like he deliberately killed the baby , and flew to Thailand thinking that he could avoid justice and hide there

If the guy was Thai, I can't begin to imagine the general tone of comments on this Forum about Thais in general and Thai men in particular...

So what have we here ? 'Americanness' ? 'Manchild American' ? 'Typically irresponsible American man' ? 'American beast' ?

What a disgusting piece of low life scum.

Just because he could not get along with the babies mother, he thinks it is ok to murder the baby.

If i cant have the baby she cant, so kill the poor defenseless innocent baby, shocking.

Now the scum has destroyed 3 lives for what?

16 minutes ago, Get Real said:

I just hope they deport him back to the US, put him in a ward with only lifetime sentenced without parole. Then maybe he is the one they a trying to make miraculously pregnant every single day.

Whilst its an horrendous thing that he did , I dont think that anal rape should be a punishment for anything

24 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Why is thailand a magnet for foreign criminals? 

Is it all based on reputation? Word of mouth?

almost all these criminals are coming to thailand for the first time to escape dubious past deeds?  Talk about image....

Image?  What image do you see, that all farangs in Thailand are criminals running from the law?

Truth be told, criminals do escape to other countries besides Thailand.

1 hour ago, worgeordie said:

Thailand is like a magnet for criminals on the run,

pleased they quickly caught him,and that he will

quickly be returned to New York to face justice.

RIP little one.

regards Worgeordie

Again the fault of Thailand!

What scum floats around!

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

An American man who police say threw the body of his dead baby into a river in New York has been detained after fleeing to Thailand.

James Currie, 37, was held by police after arriving in Bangkok on Wednesday.

Officers at the NYPD say Currie carried the corpse of his 7 month old baby in a backpack around New York before throwing the boy’s body into the East River close to the Brooklyn Bridge.

No crime committed?

Really, what does the word 'crime' mean?

Could not find a proper dictionary and Google seems a bit ignorant on this!

35 minutes ago, cardinalblue said:

Why is thailand a magnet for foreign criminals? 

Is it all based on reputation? Word of mouth?

almost all these criminals are coming to thailand for the first time to escape dubious past deeds?  Talk about image....

Why not talk about the origins of the scum? And the apologists who try to justify same by diverting attention to Thailand rather than the offender.

You must be kidding,

accidental death

accidental carrying a corpse in a back pack

accidental throwing the body in the river

and best of all an

accidental trip to Thailand.

Yeah right, scum alright.

Bullshit!

33 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Whilst its an horrendous thing that he did , I dont think that anal rape should be a punishment for anything

Accept your opinion. My opinion is that a person that has a mindset to believe this is a thing he can do, should have all his rights as a human beeing taken away from him and be treated like the animal he has showed himself to be. Therefore he should be placed with the other animals I was referring to.

24 minutes ago, ravip said:

Why not talk about the origins of the scum? And the apologists who try to justify same by diverting attention to Thailand rather than the offender.

The offender is depraved. Thailand may be flawed, as is most everywhere else in one way or another, but it will provide no sanctuary for anyone so indifferent to an innocent life.

2 hours ago, KittenKong said:

Your definition of scum is different to mine, it appears almost certain that the child died in his custody and circumstantial evidence points to his inhuman disposal of the body. 

Now denying the child's mother from a normal grieving and funeral, sorry but even superficially he is SCUM, oops finger slipped onto caplock. 

Yes, we must wait and see.  However, no father I have ever met would do something like this.  Even a dead child by accidental means deserves a decent burial.  I suggest the man is mentally unstable or culpable.  I wonder if New York still has the death penalty.  I believe Thailand still does.

46 minutes ago, sanemax said:

What do you think it should be? A birthday present? Some strange people on this forum.

Archived