Ubuntu or Windows 10

Henryford

On 8/9/2018 at 10:58 AM, robblok said:

How legit are those keys really.. because i don't understand then why its so expensive from Microsoft.

since no one answered this particular question, I will

most of those keys come from something that used to be called Microsoft Dreamspark, it's now called Microsoft Imagine

anyways, the short version of it is it's some kind of program for school/universities to give them practically unlimited genuine keys to Microsoft software for testing and whatnot

of course that was abused and they take those free keys and sell them for a few dollars.. I used to buy a few of the windows 8.0 pro keys for like 250 baht and upgrade them to Windows 10 Pro when it was still free.

they have keys for other MS software as well including Visio, Project, Visual Studio, Office 365, Windows Server.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Imagine#Free_products_also_downloadable_from_Imagine

I think they expire a short while after being generated, I didn't use 2-3 keys for a few weeks and when I tried them they got declined.. but the seller replaced them pronto.

On 8/10/2018 at 6:56 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

some people will try Linux but get frustrated after a while

There's very little to get frustrated about if all you're wanting to do is browse the Internet, read your mail, Skype, and do a little word processing or build a spreadsheet.  Linux Mint is very easy to install and manage. With the latest version 19 you can set it to update automatically so there's  little to do.  As I said my 8 year old granddaughter is comfortable using it, as is the wife, better yet, they can't break it.

On ‎8‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:12 AM, Stocky said:

There's very little to get frustrated about if all you're wanting to do is browse the Internet, read your mail, Skype, and do a little word processing or build a spreadsheet.  Linux Mint is very easy to install and manage. With the latest version 19 you can set it to update automatically so there's  little to do.  As I said my 8 year old granddaughter is comfortable using it, as is the wife, better yet, they can't break it.

I would agree with you except over the years I experienced too many users who seem to be able to f%#$# up everything.

Things might be easy for you and me and many others. But there are always idiots who will not understand even easy things.

Archived