Chiang Rai Immigration

kevvy

14 minutes ago, Manassas said:

I had heard about this apparently new requirement to report even a 1 night domestic stay away from your registered address. Had not heard about an attached fine. Where precisely is this online reporting system?  Seems a bit of a bother.

try this links for more infos:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

for me its to difficult,i give it up...????

Robinsons

54 minutes ago, Robinsons said:

try this links for more infos:

https://extranet.immigration.go.th/fn24online/

for me its to difficult,i give it up...????

Robinsons

I was looking at the immigration website. Hotels are required to file the TM30 as are individuals hosting a foreigner overnight. But if the hotel has already filed the TM30 I don't understand why the individual would have to file another. 

10 minutes ago, Manassas said:

I was looking at the immigration website. Hotels are required to file the TM30 as are individuals hosting a foreigner overnight. But if the hotel has already filed the TM30 I don't understand why the individual would have to file another. 

When the Hotel files a TM30 then that is your new place of abode according to the TM30 system. It then has to be updated by you lodging your TM30 to adjust the TM30 system to show you are back at your home. I was explained this by Immigration in Phayao in 2017. The officer actually showed me the screen that my place of living was a hotel in Chiang Mai. The TM30 system does not pick up any information from other immigration systems. 

1 minute ago, ripstanley said:

When the Hotel files a TM30 then that is your new place of abode according to the TM30 system. It then has to be updated by you lodging your TM30 to adjust the TM30 system to show you are back at your home. I was explained this by Immigration in Phayao in 2017. The officer actually showed me the screen that my place of living was a hotel in Chiang Mai. The TM30 system does not pick up any information from other immigration systems. 

Thanks. 

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not in Chiang Rai, and my TM30 is all sorted on the app.. but I heard from a friend today that there are times when CR Imm are asking for long-term stayers reporting TM30 they ask for something new, including random neighbours verifying this guy lives there and/or saying that every time he goes in they want something to confirm his marital status. To me, it all sounds like a troll or he has upset people with his tantrums. I don't use Twitter, so I can't read all comment, but when I Googled Alec Peeples it came up with plenty of tweets on the subject.

Personally, I don't care and feel that he either had a tantrum inside the office or the authorities have his social media accounts and activity and are making it hard for him. But the guy who told me about this reckons several others in Chiang Rai are facing similar hoops to jump through. Could this be true?

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/22/2018 at 7:14 AM, frodo77 said:

Anyone?

You will need a letter from your bank dated the same day you apply along with a copy of the last page of your bank book reflecting the balance as exactly the same amount as the letter.  And I would suggest you take two copies of everything you mentioned plus the bank letter and bank book.

Visa renewal carried out in under a couple of hours this morning after arriving about 8.45am.

The office was fairly busy, about a dozen people continuously in the waiting area but no one seemed to be having to having to hang around too long.

Most seemed to be parked within a few meters of the door.

On 8/4/2019 at 8:48 AM, ripstanley said:

I always have my wife book the hotel under her name and only once years ago did a hotel want to see my ID. I am always at home and not in a hotel somewhere-- apparently.

Archived