Chiang Rai Immigration

kevvy

Once again the officers at the immigration office were so good and happy . Went there today for my 90 day report , seen a friend there and before you knew it , I was called to the front desk as everything was finished .. It was about 4 minutes. Only in Chiang Rai you get service like this .

• 1 month later...

Could someone please tell me what documents they require for a 1 year extension based on retirement. In Jomtien it was 1 copy of all relevant passport pages, tm7 form with 1 photo, proof of income letter less than 1 month old and letter from landlord with house document and id card copy. Thanks.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Remember they moved the goal posts a little this year.

A little , instead of kicking goals we are kicking points //

went to my bank today as told them I wanted to invest my visa

money to a term deposit .Bank said I need a work permit..

Been ok for them have the money for over 7 years ..

4 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

Wow, that's no good, savings account interest is hardly worth bothering about.

Changing too Bangkok bank today , they offer 1,65% for 9 months , better than just leaving it in SCB. 16,000 baht for 9 months , that is another small holiday to Bangkok. Or at the new hotel

The Riverie by Katathani in chiang rai.Went there last week , is is one of the best hotels we have stayed in . 4.5 stars .Better than Le Meridien

5-star hotel

10 hours ago, kevvy said:

Changing too Bangkok bank today , they offer 1,65% for 9 months , better than just leaving it in SCB. 16,000 baht for 9 months , that is another small holiday to Bangkok. Or at the new hotel

The Riverie by Katathani in chiang rai.Went there last week , is is one of the best hotels we have stayed in . 4.5 stars .Better than Le Meridien

5-star hotel

Not a new hotel, only new name..........

On 2/20/2019 at 9:34 AM, kevvy said:

Yes , as I stayed at the old one .This is a complete different hotel now ,rooms are so much better

You are right, sorry, wasn’t aware that the new owners had it fully renovated. Used to be the Dusit Island Resort.

• 1 month later...

I did my 1-year-visa yesterday. When I arrived I got number 67 and number 16 was up. 

They had four people working with visas etc and one person working with 90-days. 

I don't think anyone had to wait longer than 20 minutes for 90-days. 

I myself was out within one hour with my new visa! 

We are lucky here in Chiang Rai with an efficient Immigration.

???? 

• 2 months later...

90 day was carried out in a deserted office to day, not one other person there when I went in about 10am.

I hung around for about ten minutes talking about my visa renewal coming up and one other customer came in in that time, also a quick 90 day report.

4 hours ago, sceadugenga said:

90 day was carried out in a deserted office to day, not one other person there when I went in about 10am.

I hung around for about ten minutes talking about my visa renewal coming up and one other customer came in in that time, also a quick 90 day report.

Same experience for me on 6th June. I was in around the same time too.

• 4 weeks later...

Today I was at the Chiang Rai Immi Office for a new one year Retirement Visa Extension with all my perfect prepared paperwork...

Some days before I came back from a short holiday trip from Phuket and has not filed the tm 30 form...

I always was thinking the tm 30 is need to file only when back from outside thailand...

was thinking wrong,so I have to pay the fine of 800.-Baht!!!

in the future all around Thailand ALL the thai immi offices will see ALWAYS the filed tm 30 when you come back from an domestic trip to your registered thai homeadress!!!

this can be done online also,if it works...

alltogether I was in and out of the immi office within 1 hour,when I finaly got my new stamps for another year.

sorry for my poor English.

robinsons

10 minutes ago, Robinsons said:

I came back from a short holiday trip from Phuket and has not filed the tm 30 form...

How did Immigration know you traveled out of Chiang Rai to a domestic destination?

38 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

How did Immigration know you traveled out of Chiang Rai to a domestic destination?

because the hotel in Phuket have reported it online and the chiang rai immi office has checked and seen by computer.

I was there today for some questions regarding my multiple entry while I was getting passport for wife and child. Quickly friendly support by both Thais and foreigners in the office.

I really do enjoy Chiang Rai.

On 7/31/2019 at 11:37 AM, Robinsons said:

I always was thinking the tm 30 is need to file only when back from outside thailand...

yep, even if you go for 1 night in chiang mai and come back to CR the next day, you'll need to make a trip to immigration to tell them you have returned. this has got to be hurting tourism amongst people that live in thailand such as myself. i no longer want to go to chiang mai for a weekend with my family because now we need to check back in upon return. 

13 hours ago, homemade514 said:

yep, even if you go for 1 night in chiang mai and come back to CR the next day, you'll need to make a trip to immigration to tell them you have returned. this has got to be hurting tourism amongst people that live in thailand such as myself. i no longer want to go to chiang mai for a weekend with my family because now we need to check back in upon return. 

I was very disappointed and have told to the immi officer that I will not travel within Thailand so often as before.

She told me you can do the tm30 reporting very easy online...

I have tried it online at home together with my wife and its for sure not easy!????

Robinsons

On 7/31/2019 at 11:37 AM, Robinsons said:

Today I was at the Chiang Rai Immi Office for a new one year Retirement Visa Extension with all my perfect prepared paperwork...

Some days before I came back from a short holiday trip from Phuket and has not filed the tm 30 form...

in the future all around Thailand ALL the thai immi offices will see ALWAYS the filed tm 30 when you come back from an domestic trip to your registered thai homeadress!!!

this can be done online also,if it works...

alltogether I was in and out of the immi office within 1 hour,when I finaly got my new stamps for another year.

sorry for my poor English.

robinsons

I had heard about this apparently new requirement to report even a 1 night domestic stay away from your registered address. Had not heard about an attached fine. Where precisely is this online reporting system?  Seems a bit of a bother.

Archived