Electricity crisis on Koh Samui and Koh Phangan

webfact

On 8/16/2018 at 10:47 PM, JAS21 said:

Those cables are past their sell by date ... those ampere things are leaking into the sea ...  lack of maintenance as previously pointed out ...need more black tape ...

Blame the Norwegians, they lay that cable five years ago. 

6 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

Blame the Norwegians, they lay that cable five years ago. 

What would that have to do with them being now past their sell by date?  Should have nothing to do with who laid them!

Furthermore, if demand is too great for supply thats down to negligence from the authorities who should be keeping track of things and constantly reassessing infrastructure.

On 8/9/2018 at 4:36 PM, delgarcon said:

Anyone know where we can get info on PLANNED cuts?

may as  well  ask  Mickey Mouse..............probably  get  it  right   more  often  too

On 8/11/2018 at 11:03 AM, carmine said:

No it is not.  Its a fact of life in the Samui archipelago. And totally unnecessarily.  

Mine goes off every 3-4  days ................Pranburi area and has done for 5-6  years

1 hour ago, carmine said:

What would that have to do with them being now past their sell by date?  Should have nothing to do with who laid them!

Furthermore, if demand is too great for supply thats down to negligence from the authorities who should be keeping track of things and constantly reassessing infrastructure.

Nothing to do with negligence. 

Cruise ship outside Nathon laid anchor on the new cable to Maenam. 

The two old cables to thong krut is providing all electricity now. 

14 minutes ago, PoorSucker said:

The case of demand being greater than supply was evident a long time prior to the cruise ship dropping its anchor, and that is a situation that should never have been allowed to happen.

5 hours ago, carmine said:

The case of demand being greater than supply was evident a long time prior to the cruise ship dropping its anchor, and that is a situation that should never have been allowed to happen.

This cable deliver 150%more than the the two old cables. 

17 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

Can we blame it on Chinese tourists? I bet they were on that cruise ship ?

11 hours ago, PoorSucker said:

This cable deliver 150%more than the the two old cables. 

So what....its not enough, they know its not enough and haven't not reacted to the situation.  Its actually very simple.  There clearly wasn't enough supply before any cable was hit by any anchor and it was building and building as a power supply problem, however you care to spin it.  You seem focused on blaming anyone who isn't directly responsible!!

3 hours ago, carmine said:

So what....its not enough, they know its not enough and haven't not reacted to the situation.  Its actually very simple.  There clearly wasn't enough supply before any cable was hit by any anchor and it was building and building as a power supply problem, however you care to spin it.  You seem focused on blaming anyone who isn't directly responsible!!

So the idiot who put the anchor down in a non-anchor zone is not responsible for taking over 1/3 of the islands power supply out? 

Not sure where your under supply comes from during normal situations. Yes there are issues with the power grid but to my knowledge there is no issue of under supply with all 3 cables working.

19 hours ago, huberthammer said:

So the idiot who put the anchor down in a non-anchor zone is not responsible for taking over 1/3 of the islands power supply out? 

Not sure where your under supply comes from during normal situations. Yes there are issues with the power grid but to my knowledge there is no issue of under supply with all 3 cables working.

Ofcourse the idiot that dropped the anchor is responsible for the current situation.  When did i say they were not?

However that does not take away from the demand here being greater than the supply.    Sorry to say but in high/peak season its very much as issue.

4 hours ago, carmine said:

However that does not take away from the demand here being greater than the supply.    Sorry to say but in high/peak season its very much as issue.

Based on what?  I am aware of issues at times due to faulty equipment (which might or might not be the result of maintenance) but first time I hear about a shortage of supply so interested to hear where you learned about this.

Archived