BANGKOK 16 February 2019 22:04
t8769

Qatar vs Emirates Economy

2 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I'll have to ask the wife as she flies Emirates economy. I send her photos from business class. 

If this is true and not a joke, it doesn't reflect too well on your sense of humour (to put it as kindly as possible).

• Sad 1

Thanks for the info - most interesting.

I recently flew Air China via Taipei, which was very good and no fee to book seats, I was shocked to find Qantas, Emirates and others now charge for this. It was a bit crampt but the service was excellent and Taipei airport very nice.

I see that that Eva air only charges a little to change return date, while others can charge a fortune, half the ticket fee. I often change dates, so this is worth remembering.

The only way I'm flying BA again is under sedation, I cancelled a recent ThaiAir flight when I found out it was partly via BA.

Agree, the 777 is not so comfortable as the A380.

I am amazed at the cheapness of air tickets, what else can you get for the same price as 10 years ago, I don't know whether they are being under-written by Arab governments but I can't imagine they make a penny on Economy tickets.

Ps - I thought it was a rather funny joke - lighten up man.

Edited by t8769

4 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Indeed, Emirates business class is very good, especially with the 1-2-1 seating and the bar. 

Yes it's very nice standing at the  bar 40,000 feet in the air enjoying a cold beer. 

I’m in the process of trying to book a flight back to the U.S. and strikes me that fares have jumped, across the board. Also, been flying Qatar back and forth (business) for a few years now and their service is dropping off, also. 

I’m convinced these airlines try to rope people in for a while then cut back, perhaps hoping you’ve built up some kind of loyalty or commitment to them with miles and such. But I learned long ago, all their ‘awards’, miles, and incentives is little more than a scam. 

Sorry, hope I’m not thread hijacking.... ?

Stopped flying Emirates years ago after crap service from Aus to UK. The way pax are treated in the melee that is Dubai security areas (and seemingly more than any other airport I visit?)  past several years flown with Etihad Manchester UK to either Phuket or BKK, normally a mix of A320sMan - Abu-Dhabi and 777s Abu-dhabi to LOS. Recently they have now decided to charge for seat res in Ecom also but still prefer their service and transiting through abu-dhabi is much better than dubai IMO. 

Looking at replies I seem to be someone who prefers 777s (3-4-3) but then am comparing to A320s (2-4-2) do half my flights in Ecom and roughly half in Business (normally return legs to UK) Since Oil took a slumb few years back all the ME airlines started tightening their belts and guest programs...

6 hours ago, tryasimight said:

I'll have to ask the wife as she flies Emirates economy. I send her photos from business class. 

How do you get away with this? 

Just now, Monkeyrobot said:

How do you get away with this? 

I pay for her.  My company pays for me.  I asked cabin staff if she could move into business class on one flight as there were many empty seats. She went away and came back with answer yes she can move.  But it will cost an extra 1999 USD.  She stayed in economy!! 

7 hours ago, Wiggy said:

Indeed, Emirates business class is very good, especially with the 1-2-1 seating and the bar. 

same same qatar

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jonnapat said:

Choose your aircraft carefully, not specifically the airline.

There is simply no comparison when comparing Emirates A380 to it's B777.

More room, quieter and altogether a much better experience.

Exactly the same comments apply to Qatar.

If you're able, try the A350, a super aircraft..

couldn't agree more, and ill try to fly the 350 next trip

7 hours ago, tryasimight said:

awesome

3 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Yes it's very nice standing at the  bar 40,000 feet in the air enjoying a cold beer. 

you pay all that money for a seat and then stand up ||||    555

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

you pay all that money for a seat and then stand up ||||    555

Only for the first ten beers then sit on the lounge seats.

1 minute ago, tryasimight said:

Only for the first ten beers then sit on the lounge seats.

ah      i think i've seen the soles of your flip flops.   555 

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, cookieqw said:

same same qatar

QR QSuites beats Emirates C class by far.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, schlog said:

QR QSuites beats Emirates C class by far.

only ever got as high as business but i live in hope of a lottery win