UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

7 minutes ago, smedly said:

what deal ? you keep talking about a deal, the only deal being discussed is a trade deal, that has nothing to do with leaving the EU, like I said already - do you think there should be a referendum every time the UK negotiates a trade deal ? that would be an awful lot of referendums, you really are talking nonsense 

And I think if people want a final vote on the final deal that is in place before brexit is done, then they should have one. 

At least this time people will have a better idea of the consequences of brexit.

Why so scared?

You must be sure you’ll win again. 

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

eg if. a uk fruit trader imports chemically contaminated fruit into the uk and then sells it unchecked in the eu, and i get seriously ill, i want to be able to sue the trader in the eu for damage money and under eu law. Under uk law i have to prove the intent of the deliberate intention.

I'm surprised that many believe the uk would have better consumer protection laws.

This is an erroneous belief.

I think there is more chance of Jean Claude Juncker getting a bad bottle of champagne than what you are suggesting.

5 minutes ago, tomacht8 said:

I think he likes Gin more.
By the way, Bombay Sapphire is a fine drink of the UK.

I stand dejected, you are correct.

"The EU Council President is an alcoholic who binges on gin and leaves his ambitious but unelected deputy to govern, according to explosive new claims.

Jean-Claude Juncker - one of the most powerful men in Brussels - has been spotted stumbling around and unable to walk at the recent NATO summit."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5970335/Jean-Claude-Juncker-accused-alcoholic-govern.html

4 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Never said they didn’t. 

Just don't see why there cannot be a vote once there is a final brexit deal and all it’s consequences are clear. 

Brexit/no brexit, not my right to choose. I don’t live in the U.K. anymore.

However the authoritarian, undemocractic, “no brexit votes ever again” attitude of some brexiteers does cause me concern

If remain had won the referendum the decision would have been accepted without question, even though most remainers cannot see further than the end of their noses. The Brexiteers would not have argued for a second vote.

No one ever said Brexit would be easy and of course, there will be some issues but so what. There is more to Brexit than trade and the opportunities once everything settles, and after we take our 'punishment', are massive.

1 minute ago, Maverell said:

If remain had won the referendum the decision would have been accepted without question, even though most remainers cannot see further than the end of their noses. The Brexiteers would not have argued for a second vote.

No one ever said Brexit would be easy and of course, there will be some issues but so what. There is more to Brexit than trade and the opportunities once everything settles, and after we take our 'punishment', are massive.

Really?

because the arch brexiteer farage himself said, there would have to be another vote, if the result of the brexit referendum was close...

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Really?

because the arch brexiteer farage himself said, there would have to be another vote, if the result of the brexit referendum was close...

And do you think Farage would have succeeded in persuading the government to do so, I don't think so.

1 minute ago, vogie said:

And do you think Farage would have succeeded in persuading the government to do so, I don't think so.

He and all the other committed brexiteers could have still campaigned for such a vote. 

I might not agree with them, but I wouldn’t deny them the right to call for a vote 

38 minutes ago, vogie said:

I stand dejected, you are correct.

"The EU Council President is an alcoholic who binges on gin and leaves his ambitious but unelected deputy to govern, according to explosive new claims.

Jean-Claude Juncker - one of the most powerful men in Brussels - has been spotted stumbling around and unable to walk at the recent NATO summit."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5970335/Jean-Claude-Juncker-accused-alcoholic-govern.html

Most politicians in this world indulge in alcohol. How else could they go through there job? 

4 hours ago, smedly said:

the people didn't vote for a deal they voted to leave and that is what should have happened, all this deal stuff is outside the scope of leaving - it confused the issue.

Talks on a trade deal should be no part of leaving the EU they are a separate issue, when ART 50 was triggered the UK should have been working on leaving under WTO - if the EU wanted to talk trade deal while that was going on then fine, it is all this deal stuff that has caused the confusion across the board.

The EU Commission does not want a powerhouse trader like the  UK with their own world trade freedom competing against them - they will stop at nothing to prevent that as has been shown so far

The people voted to leave the EU not soft not hard ……………………...Leave 100% Leave

why 100% when 48% voted not to leave. 

3 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Brexiters trying to deny democracy again.

Again??? What is about the Remoaners who do not understand that we had a democratic referendum?  And because yous lost you want to move the goalposts so you can win if given another chance. Waaaa waaaa waaaa.

2 hours ago, Maverell said:

Exactly. I have said this several times but of course this was poo-pooed by the remainers too! 

5 hours ago, smedly said:

Let me remind you of something - 80% of UK trade is outside of the EU and is growing fast - get with the program, the EU is important but not critical, we will always have trade with the EU no matter what happens - even under WTO rules we will still be trading with the EU

Some people really need to waken up and stop being led by the press nose ring

80% of UK trade ??? resource please. 

4 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Where does it say that the decision was final and can never be voted on again?

Brexiters trying to deny democracy again.

Just as remainers have been seeking to deny true democracy by reversing the democratic vote since it was cast. Hypocritical at a minimum.

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

If you bother to read the thread, you’ll see I have made clear that as i do not live in the U.K., I do not feel I should vote either way. 

However, I cannot comprehend authoritarian brexiteer thinking that precludes any further votes.  

Especially ones on a final deal. 

Well, there weren't any subsequent votes after 1975 were there?? To be fair, just give it another 39 years.

1 minute ago, nauseus said:

Well, there weren't any subsequent votes after 1975 were there?? To be fair, just give it another 39 years.

Doesn’t make any difference to my point that those saying, there cannot be another vote, are authoritarian and anti democratic. 

3 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

The Irish government from the moment brexit was voted on tried to negotiate a deal with the U.K. govt over the border. 

The uk govt did nothing to settle this issue until it was too late. 

They knew there were huge concerns in Eire. 

They were offered the chance to have a temporary/ad hoc arrangement where issues could be settled on a case by case basis. 

Yet they did nothing. 

Not a thing. 

The Irish government cannot negotiate their own border deal - because it is part of the blessed EU! 

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

The Irish government cannot negotiate their own border deal - because it is part of the blessed EU! 

The Irish government made moves to find solutions to the issues they immediately saw would arise from brexit. 

The uk govt completely failed to respond to these moves. 

20 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

And that means, what?

It means that just Farage said it. Nobody else. Another referendum would never have happened if remain had won, even by 1%. And the leave voters would have accepted the result like the good democrats we are - unlike the remainers!

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Doesn’t make any difference to my point that those saying, there cannot be another vote, are authoritarian and anti democratic. 

There can be a vote. There even might be a vote. We just don't want one because that would destroy any remnants of British democracy, which seems to be dying out rapidly enough anyway!

11 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

The Irish government made moves to find solutions to the issues they immediately saw would arise from brexit. 

The uk govt completely failed to respond to these moves. 

From "tried to negotiate a deal" to "made moves to find solutions" in one easy post. Well done.

19 minutes ago, nauseus said:

It means that just Farage said it. Nobody else. Another referendum would never have happened if remain had won, even by 1%. And the leave voters would have accepted the result like the good democrats we are - unlike the remainers!

Yeah sure they would. 

And the democrats are not the ones denying others the right to call for a vote. 

16 minutes ago, nauseus said:

There can be a vote. There even might be a vote. We just don't want one because that would destroy any remnants of British democracy, which seems to be dying out rapidly enough anyway!

You know, that’s just not true. 

Archived