For example:

Hard exit under Johnson
Soft exit under May
Soft exit under Corbyn
WTO rules because time ran out
An extension period of nn months
2nd referendum with an exit result
2nd referendum with a remain result
Last two are no chance & a fantasy example.

How about, a simple clean Brexit & just get it sorted.

Soft or hard terminolgy is falling prey to MSM & social left.

Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Enoon said:

The "people" stated an opinion.

The government made the decision based upon that opinion.

The Government and Parliament may unmake that decision anytime they please ( with or without a referendum) because that is the way that the law and the constitution work.

The only time that the people can make a decision that must be acted upon (by law and constitution) is during a General Election.

We shall have to wait and see what the Government and Parliament make of the opinion polls (or "referendum")........."when the time comes".

That is not "Remoaning".

That is fact.

That is hard, political reality.

No the populous voted to leave the EU. Do you really believe an elected parliament would override the wishes of the people?  That's asking for rebellion.

1 hour ago, My Thai Life said:

What would be interesting, to me anyway, is to discuss what the likely or possible outcomes are, and what different people think the likelihood of each is.

Then it might be a discussion rather than a bunfight.

Cripes! Did someone mention buns?

Bunter's defining characteristic is his greediness and dramatically overweight appearance. His character is, in many respects, a highly obnoxious anti-hero. As well as his gluttony, he is also obtuse, lazy, racist, inquisitive, deceitful, slothful, self-important and conceited. These defects, however, are not recognised by Bunter. In his own mind, he is an exemplary character: handsome, talented and aristocratic; and he dismisses most of those around him as "beasts".

1 hour ago, My Thai Life said:

For example:

Hard exit under Johnson

Soft exit under May

Soft exit under Corbyn

WTO rules because time ran out

An extension period of nn months

2nd referendum with an exit result

2nd referendum with a remain result

One potato..two potato......

3 hours ago, Lokie said:

Ah, you seem to be making the mistake of assuming and as someone who you tell us is of retirement age you will know all about the problem that. I on the other hand am not of Government retirement age but through hard honest work was able to retire at 50 (my choice) and support myself from my private Co pension.

So after paying all my dues and still doing so into the coffers of HMs Govt I think I have every right to cast my vote, it is quite easy for me and my fellow colleagues who have all done the same, we voted to leave, thats it we leave.

The young, bless (mostly brainwashed by Corbin and his cronies 555?) 

My opinions are housed in the world of a law abiding, fully paid up British Citizen where are yours from?

So what is your point.

You have 40 years of doing nothing? Retiring early seems to be your big achievement 

Would you like me to recommend a book?

In the meantime, let the next generation have a crack of the whip

1 minute ago, Grouse said:

So what is your point.

You have 40 years of doing nothing? Retiring early seems to be your big achievement 

I wouldn't be too reliant of the next generation, they can't even open a tin of beans.

34 minutes ago, Grouse said:

So what is your point.

Another who assumes? My point ? was just a reply to another poster who asked (read the thread)

I never raised anything about the next generation, seems just another remainer stance as they didn't win the vote...

No need to edge on breaking forum rules and getting personal to put forward your argument is there, now there's a good chap

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ha ha ha, love the brexiteers claiming the result of a democratic vote, means you can never have another vote on the issue. 

Why would you deny the people a vote on what brexit ultimately looks like?

Because one of the 'three way' options quoted was to Remain. That undermines the result of the first vote, and the essence of democracy. Voting on the terms of a guaranteed Brexit would be an entirely different matter however..

16 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

Ha ha ha, love the brexiteers claiming the result of a democratic vote, means you can never have another vote on the issue. 

Why would you deny the people a vote on what brexit ultimately looks like?

Of course the original vote should count. You can't have another one just because you didn't like the result. I suppose you are a crying liberal, wanting Trump out too.

12 hours ago, nauseus said:

It means that just Farage said it. Nobody else. Another referendum would never have happened if remain had won, even by 1%. And the leave voters would have accepted the result like the good democrats we are - unlike the remainers!

Where is your Farage now?

Educated referendum vote. 

4 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Of course the original vote should count. You can't have another one just because you didn't like the result. I suppose you are a crying liberal, wanting Trump out too.

I can’t have have another vote? Read the thread, I’ve not called for a vote. 

However, people can have another vote if they want one.

I find the authoritarian, anti democratic view that there can never be another vote disturbing. 

What is it exactly the brexiteers are scared of by the thought of another vote on any final exit deal?

Surely you believe you’ll win...

I’m not American so I don’t have a say on trump’s time in office. 

4 hours ago, foxboy said:

Because one of the 'three way' options quoted was to Remain. That undermines the result of the first vote, and the essence of democracy. Voting on the terms of a guaranteed Brexit would be an entirely different matter however..

All subsequent votes run the risk of undermining previous ones, that’s the nature of the democratic process. 

13 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I find the authoritarian, anti democratic view that there can never be another vote disturbing. 

What is it exactly the brexiteers are scared of by the thought of another vote in any final exit deal?

I’m not American so I don’t have a say on trumps time in office. 

You don't have to be American to have an opinion on Trump, all you need is to be intelligent and observant. And your opinion does not need to be correct all that it needs is to be sincere .

I an not British, but I do have an opinion. It is not necessarily correct but it is  sincere.

For such an important decision IMO a simple majority is inadequate for the following reason, 

Regardless of what happens , brexit, no brexit, a significant portion of the population will be unhappy.There is no clear mandate.

It presents an existential danger to the -U- in the UK   

2 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

All subsequent votes run the risk of undermining previous ones, that’s the nature of the democratic process. 

He wants one man, one vote, one time.  Where else have we heard this? 

They feel in their guts that the majority opinion is drifting away from them, that's why they don't want another vote.

If they were confident that Brexit is the people's will, what they claim to care so deeply for, they should welcome a second referendum, especially since it's already a modification of the first and less of a leap into the unknown like the previous one.  

- No Brexit

- Norway-type deal

- WTO

8 hours ago, MrPatrickThai said:

Probably a bad idea for a Brexit supporter to bring Trump into the equation; after all, he lost the popular vote, and triumphed because under the US system some votes are worth more than others. In Brexiteer parlance, the "will of the people" was for Hillary Clinton to be POTUS.

5 hours ago, Bluespunk said:

What is it exactly the brexiteers are scared of by the thought of another vote on any final exit deal?

I’m not American so I don’t have a say on trump’s time in office. 

Who has said there can't be another vote?

Having a vote before a previous vote has been enacted is what is being argued against.

I'm scared that having a vote on the final exit deal guarantees that the EU will not offer a good deal, since the EU will know, the worse the deal is, the more chance there is that it will be voted down by the British people, leading to Britain returning cap in hand to the EU.

I can appreciate why a remainer wouldn't fear this or be bothered by scuppering our negotiating position.

Archived