UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

what do the polls say

to what extent do people in Ireland want NI to be folded in?

"never give an inch" - I fear you don't understand sectarianism in N.I. or how it was "disarmed" by the dissolution of border between North and South.

• Replies 11.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, sandyf said:

People that do not pay what they have agreed to pay invariably end up in court, and credit ratings go down the pan.

Do you really think that is how you make your way in the world.

As i understand it, the British government has no legal obligation to pay the EU a penny if it leaves with no deal.

I agree though, if you promise to pay something, you really should follow through on that; but then again, i think if you promise to deliver on the outcome of a vote, you should follow through on that too. Remainers seem happy enough arguing that in THAT case, since there is no legal obligation, there is no reason to do as promised.

Selective moral values at play.

I don't care where they come from, what colour they are or how many heads they have. If they can contribute to society, they're in.

We can swap them for the couch surfing jobless brexiteers who think their 'plight' is down to the fact that foreigners are taking the jobs they could be doing but would run like the wind from faced with waking up to an alarm call.

To deny the Brexit vote result was overwhelmingly based on racism is ludicrous.

Please define racism

Sent from my SM-G7102 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

The post about Sunderland Brexiters went over most heads, sorry to say

I was trying to illustrate the point that the synaptically challenged STILL do not understand the issue!

We really need to revise the criteria for having the right to vote. Why should my vote count the same as people who know nothing. At all!! About anything!!

I know this sounds anti democratic but democracy assumes everyone has the same access to education and information.

These people are committing an act of self harm but they dont see it!

This is why we have representative democracy. Our MPs must decide.

Next time, be MUCH more careful in who you elect to be your MP.

I know you're just trying to wind people up, but try to keep it relatively reasonable....

"This is why we have representative democracy. Our MPs must decide." - when you have previously posted (possibly on another thread) that MPs are mostly unintelligent and also have little knowledge....

54 minutes ago, kwilco said:

"never give an inch" - I fear you don't understand sectarianism in N.I. or how it was "disarmed" by the dissolution of border between North and South.

aha - right

and that means people in Dublin are of the opinion that ???? I missed that bearing in your post

I was trying to illustrate the point that the synaptically challenged STILL do not understand the issue!

We really need to revise the criteria for having the right to vote. Why should my vote count the same as people who know nothing. At all!! About anything!!

I know this sounds anti democratic but democracy assumes everyone has the same access to education and information.

Well Grouse

Howsabout this..

No one should be allowed to stand for election in any public office..town councillor..mp msp..mep etc etc..UNTIL
They have worked full time in a non public sector job for a mimimum of 10 years..5 of those years must have been 100% self employed.
That way you will be electing someone who has real life working experience.
Enough of the usual.
Uni..political researcher for an mp..lick the right <deleted> and lo and behold your standing for election..working life experience NIL

Well Grouse

Howsabout this..

No one should be allowed to stand for election in any public office..town councillor..mp msp..mep etc etc..UNTIL
They have worked full time in a non public sector job for a mimimum of 10 years..5 of those years must have been 100% self employed.
Enough of the usual.
Uni..political researcher for an mp..lick the right <deleted> and lo and behold your standing for election..working life experience NIL

54 minutes ago, kwilco said:

aha - right

and that means people in Dublin are of the opinion that ???? I missed that bearing in your post

13 hours ago, AlexRich said:

The Cabinet is full of Brexiters, and two were in charge of the exit negotiations. David Davis went awol from Brussels, and the EU lost faith in him. According to Davis everything would be easy and straightforward ... it's obvious now that he didn't have the first clue about what he was getting himself into. If he was being undermined why did he not quit the moment the penny dropped? Did he stay for the money and prestige? Or was he out of his depth, realised it, and then jumped ship when he knew that what he predicted was not practically possible? Jump ship and blame everything on other people ... two years and he doesn't take responsibility for anything. Maybe we should have put Boris in charge? He'd know doubt serve up the sequel to the charge of the light brigade ... the EU would have enjoyed making him squirm and sending him home empty handed, with all his referendum promises rammed down his stupid throat. 

A Brexiter would have delivered nothing of any value. May happens to be a convenient scapegoat.

A Brexiter allowed to do the job would have delivered nothing of any value to you, you mean. May is just a regular goat.

11 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Well Grouse

Howsabout this..

Enough of the usual.

that is the Chinese - Mao way

the Thai attitude adjustment being a wee bit similar

2 minutes ago, Benroon said:

I don't care where they come from, what colour they are or how many heads they have. If they can contribute to society, they're in.

We can swap them for the couch surfing jobless brexiteers who think their 'plight' is down to the fact that foreigners are taking the jobs they could be doing but would run like the wind from faced with waking up to an alarm call.

To deny the Brexit vote result was overwhelmingly based on racism is ludicrous.

Britain's immigration policy, dictated to a large degree by membership to the EU, very much DOES care about where immigrants come from, what colour they are and how many heads they have, since immigrants from the EU get treated very differently from those outside of the EU. That doesn't seem though to bother remainers. Doesn't seem to bother you.

And as i stated, there are some here who have admitted that they like this system that gives preferential treatment to Europeans as they feel Europeans are "more like us" than Africans and Asians.

To deny that the Brexit vote result was overwhelmingly based on a desire by a large proportion of the population to have a CONTROLLED immigration system in which as a country, we get to say who comes in and how many, and to simply label people with those views as being racist, is precisely why the country is in the mess it is in.

Your tactic, as used by the establishment, used to work. Using the race card to bury the debate. It no longer does.

3 hours ago, rixalex said:

As far as playing of the racist card is concerned, you need to look within within your own camp, judging from remainers on here expressing the view that they would rather Britain receive unvetted, unscreened EU immigrants, than African or Asian ones who HAVE been tested to show their work and language skills, on the basis that African and Asian people "aren't like us" in the way Europeans are.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Lies.

9 minutes ago, nauseus said:

A Brexiter allowed to do the job would have delivered nothing of any value to you, you mean. May is just a regular goat.

"A Brexiter allowed to do the job would have delivered nothing of any value...."(????)

Step forward David Davis.

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Grouse, there are loads of VDO's of Remainers to show that they NEVER understood the issue! Now I can't really be arsed to go back and find them all but if it has to be Youtube at dawn... I'll see you tomorrow.

26 minutes ago, malagateddy said:

Well Grouse
Howsabout this..
Enough of the usual.

That should be a vote winner. I can just see the headlines now: "Ex-armed forces unfit to stand for office."

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

Moderators.

Why are quote sources now not provided?

Speed issues?

Makes following discussions and comments harder. The system 3 years ago with nested discussions was superior IMO.

I think this topic is nearing its quota of ...err...data?

13 hours ago, Benroon said:

errrrr hang on a sec - if 'Sun reading, bring back hanging type racists who don't understand Brexit only applies to europe' wasn't insulting, I clearly need to up my game !

'Sun reading' - the ultimate insult. Still, as we all know, 'it's The Sun wot won it'.

17 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

That should be a vote winner. I can just see the headlines now: "Ex-armed forces unfit to stand for office."

Nah, the vote winner is you (on another thread) insulting leavers - as a result of two posts from a remainer - that you didn't realise was a remainer ????.

Guys, what is going on?

I read in some non-UK msm that parliament is boiling and fuming.

They want the full legal consequence text re Brexit -but are given just a wee bit.

Some shout contempt of parliament and want the chief lawyer expelled/ditched.

If I understand it correctly, parliament will only receive the full text after the vote on the deal.

Could somebody clarify?

3 hours ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

'I never have seen such an acts in politics before'

You sir, either have a particularly severe form of retrograde amnesia or are simply viewing the EU through the most rose tinted glasses imaginable. My guess is a combination of both.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/ireland/2437817/Nicolas-Sarkozy-Ireland-must-vote-again-on-EU-Lisbon-treaty.html

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/French_European_Constitution_referendum,_2005

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/referendum-in-denmark-second-chance-for-voters-to-get-it-right-voters-in-denmark-go-to-the-polls-2323503.html

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/3707704/Undemocratic-EU-bullies-Ireland-into-another-vote.html

You have no answers to these facts, I notice. You seldom make arguments or debate the realities, you simply drone on monotonously about 'how wonderful our EU is' and how much the establishment 'care for the member states'. Delusional.

'I think EU might be better off without UK as a member.' 

This, however I'm in full agreement with. Why on earth would such a fair and compassionate organisation such as the EU want the UK to remain knowing full well that it doing so would be against the will of over half the country, and because of this, is be liable to be an even bigger thorn in their side than before?

Could it have something to do with the billions in taxpayer's cash they would receive annually? Such altruistic gentlemen, these EU bigwigs. 

Twice already on this thread I have posted the full saga of the Irish referenda on the Treaty of Lisbon, and defied anyone to prove that the 2009 vote did not produce a more accurate reflection of the wishes of the people than the original 2008 one. Each time this managed to silence the naysayers for a few hundred pages, but I see it has raised its head again. It is a classic example of how democracy should work, and as such has certain parallels with the current Brexit debate.

Archived