Beware! Saying Thai women have small breasts can land you in jail, says lawyer

webfact

Beware! Saying Thai women have small breasts can land you in jail, says lawyer

1pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Small breasts are no laughing matter, reported Daily News yesterday.

In fact according to a top lawyer saying a Thai woman is flat chested can get you a year in jail or a 1,000 baht fine.

But if you were to take your insult to Line or Facebook the penalty could be much worse.

Daily News were responding to a group chat on a Pantip Fan Club online with the heading: "Insults about small breasts - Can you sue?"

In their report the Thai media said that it was no joke. "The problem of small breasts - it's not a small one," they said with perhaps a hint of irony.

"But it can become a big one (problem)".

They said there was an answer for women who are hurt. They quoted lawyer Worayuth Bunwongsai who said:

"This falls into the category of insults not libel. People can be hurt causing hate or loathing. It is a misdemeanor".

He warned that fines of 1,000 baht or even a jail term of one year could be handed out.

But should posts be made on applications like Line or on Facebook penalties could be worse.

This was not explained why in the Daily News story but is likely to fall under computer crimes legislation, notes Thai Visa.

Sources: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-10

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brilliant. Next time I am called a farang I will say I have been insulted and the name calling has caused feelings of hurt causing hate and loathing.

On a more related note I will nèd to watch how I address the wifes best frien..her nickname is milk...been so since school as she developed much more quickly than her peers of uou catch my drift.

4 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

Making fun of a women's breasts/appearance is disguting and unacceptable.  You could really destroy somebody's life.

How would telling a woman with small breasts that her breasts are small , "destroy her life" ?

12 minutes ago, colinneil said:

Big breasts, small breasts what does it matter, anymore than a mouthful is a waste anyway.?

Hopefully your comment will NOT be the same when Thai men private part size will be the topic of discussion...

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

How would telling a woman with small breasts that her breasts are small , "destroy her life" ?

I said: Making fun of a woman's breasts could destroy her life. I really thought we knew that by now (it's 2018) so I am not going to educate you.

4 minutes ago, darksidedog said:

I'm happy to make a personal sacrifice here folks, and offer to spend the rest of my days researching this topic very closely. :cheesy:

Most guys started researching this topic as teenagers! ?

3 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

Making fun of a woman's breasts could destroy her life. I really thought we knew that by now (it's 2018) so I am not going to educate you.

We are not talking about "making fun" of ladies with small breasts , we are talking about statements of fact .

I just cannot fathom how it would "ruin their lives" , it may make them a bit annoyed for a few minutes , but thats about as far as it will go .

I quite sure that they would already have been aware that their breasts are small and it wont come as a shock or surprise to them

36 minutes ago, Nickymaster said:

So next time somebody tells me I have short legs they could end up in jail? Just kidding. Making fun of a women's breasts/appearance is disgusting and unacceptable.  You could really destroy somebody's life.

I don't think you could end up in jail for stating this as a fact:

image.png.058f8efa7774c10b25ea0c61ea67ef91.png

1 minute ago, Cadbury said:

No chance of me going to jail. I am fond of small breasts and give them high recognition and praise and my full attention whenever a new opportunity arises; which isn't often. 

I see we're both singing from the same hymn sheet here.

I was once stood near the exit of a car park at a hotel in Sukhumvit. I was stood to the side and not blocking any car's way at all. A young hip girl driving quite quickly out of the car park beeped at me as if I was in the way. Her window was already down and she gave me this you-farang-trash kind of look of disgust. I told her to 'grow some tits". 

Does implying this woman has a bitter complex because she has small breasts mean I could be facing prison time? I merely implied. I didn't literally say she had a pair of fried eggs.

Anyhoo, I hope I haven't 'ruined her life'. 

Archived