Big Joke turfs out more than 70 foreigners - champion had near six year overstay

webfact

17 minutes ago, colinneil said:

You obviously have little experience in dealing with immigration.

As you are new on here you ar not aware of what i have posted before about how  difficult some immigratin officers can be, and how helpful other officers are.

You are wrong being disabled has a lot to do with it.

Like being in hosp[ital on life support and your wife being told hire an ambulance to bring him here.

Yet when my wife went back got a different officer, the man could not be more helpful.

Sorry to disappoint you, but I have over a decade of dealing with immigration here. If you can show me anywhere where it says that 90 day reports by proxy are specifically for those who are disabled, I will agree with you. Simple fact is you can't, because they are not. 90 days by proxy is the right of ANY person, either by their wife/husband or someone else with written authority.

In your second example, that does have more to do with being incapacitated - but I was not talking about that, so not sure why you felt the need to mention it.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applauded.

I have to pay for my visa and qualify, why should these individuals, get a pass? They don't pay for visa, ha$$le 90 day report, ha$$le work permit. They're no one special - in fact, they are always from some desperate third world country or washed up broke ass loser from some random western country. These people aren't 'sticking it to the man's they're just Interlopers. These people are not hapless construction workers.

This cop is doing his job and well. Maybe he will get a lateral move to go after Thai mafia bosses, but until that day happens it's all good by me.

A real word of warning here before you go to work at those small businesses such as (all) language schools and those private schools teaching kinder and prathom seem to be targets. Fake international schools.

Question is when they will seriously start going after the Chinese.

3 hours ago, stanleycoin said:

Just how exactly does Thailand,  support these so called

penniless foreigners ?

Because they find work here. The conditions and pay are better than home so they stay. Is that too difficult to understand? They take the risk initially perhaps with concern but as time moves on they are getting away with the act and become more comfortable and complacent.

Just how exactly does Thailand,  support these so called

penniless foreigners ?

And you said 

33 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

Because they find work here. The conditions and pay are better than home so they stay. Is that too difficult to understand? They take the risk initially perhaps with concern but as time moves on they are getting away with the act and become more comfortable and complacent.

Your right,   a way to convoluted way of thinking for me.

Sounds like your calling every foreigner even the ones  with  Work permits a bunch of scroungers.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Maybe you just think you should get a pay rise ?

5 minutes ago, stanleycoin said:

And you said 

Your right,   a way to convoluted way of thinking for me.

Sounds like your calling every foreigner even the ones  with  Work permits a bunch of scroungers.

Nice one. :thumbsup:

Well, you've misinterpreted that entirely

On 8/10/2018 at 12:17 PM, from the home of CC said:

No, not at all. I just believe that perception is powerful and Thailand is a country where a lot of 'knee jerk' decisions rule the day - based upon perception (and now social media). 

fair enough, but that describes the vast majority of governments and politicians the world over.  

On 8/10/2018 at 1:17 PM, from the home of CC said:

No, it's not my job and it's not my business. I just find that here in Thailand it's very easy to get painted with the same brush. Thais don't distinguish between UK foreigner, an American foreigner nor a German foreigner. Nor do they distinguish between a French foreigner holding a retirement visa or a Canadian foreigner holding a marriage visa. It's human nature to stereotype people (especially from other places) and here we're all foreigners. So if group of foreigners get caught doing wrong, (even though intellectually the IO knows the difference in circumstance) the stereotypes come out and we all get more scrutiny. And this isn't just a Thai issue, it's a world wide person issue I see it everyday on this site. I don't know if we'll all face more scrutiny in light of all the negative news reports, I certainly hope not. But in light of of all the knee jerk reaction to various issues that occur here, IMO it's a possibility cause after all, even though I'm married to a Thai I'm still a FOREIGNER.

You are absolutely right.

On 8/10/2018 at 11:16 AM, from the home of CC said:

Just making it harder and more complicated for people who actually follow the rules to be with their wife or legitimately want to retire here. 

How does it make it harder?

I think that Finnish guy was wanted for something in his home country . 

Yes , if you do not follow the rules you are either hiding something or too sick to think for yourself.   Good to see they are caught.  

Archived