UK Muslim convert admits plotting carnage with Oxford Street attack

rooster59

UK Muslim convert admits plotting carnage with Oxford Street attack

LONDON (Reuters) - A Muslim convert has admitted plotting to kill more than 100 people by driving a truck into pedestrians on London's Oxford Street, the capital's major shopping thoroughfare.

Lewis Ludlow, 26, had planned to rent the vehicle and plough it into shoppers in the bustling retail district, which attracts large numbers of tourists, during the busiest time of the week, prosecutors said.

He had also considered attacking London's Madame Tussauds wax museum and St Paul's Cathedral.

"Lewis Ludlow considers himself a soldier fighting for Daesh (Islamic State) in the UK," Deb Walsh from the Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) said in a statement on Friday.

"To that end, he planned to drive a van into shoppers at Oxford Street hoping to kill over 100 people. He is a serious danger to the public and accepted his guilt when faced with the prosecution’s case against him."

The CPS said Ludlow's mobile phone was found in the storm drain of his home in Rochester, southeast of London, which had photographs showing he had carried out hostile reconnaissance in central London. There was also a picture of a handwritten oath of allegiance to Islamic State (IS).

It also had videos in which Ludlow called himself "the Eagle", and spoke of his hatred of non-believers.

He was under 24-hour armed police surveillance when he was arrested and a number of torn-up notes which were found suggested Ludlow was actively involved in preparing an attack, with information about the cost of hotels near Oxford Street and renting a truck, prosecutors said.

He pleaded guilty at London's Old Bailey court to preparing to commit acts of terrorism as well as setting up Facebook and Paypal accounts to fund IS fighters based in the Philippines. He will be sentenced on Nov. 2.

reuters_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Reuters 2018-08-11

Okay, I can understand that in a civil war lives are lost but I cannot comprehend the act of killing innocent people through religious conversion. To my mind this chap is just an ordinary murderer trying to find a reason for his murderous activities.

4 hours ago, i claudius said:

Bet he gets at least a life sentence ,which means he will be out in about 5 years after plotting with his "brothers" in a nice cushy prison

He probably will, indeed should, get a life sentence, but with a lengthy, even whole life, tariff.

A tariff, set by the judge, is the minimum term a prisoner must serve before they can even be considered for parole. If no tariff is set, a whole life prisoner is unlikely to be considered for parole until they have served at least 15 years. 

When considering an application for parole, the board will consider, amongst other things, whether or not they are likely to commit more crime and whether or not they are a danger to the public. Difficult, I would think, for a committed terrorist of any persuasion to satisfy these, let alone the other requirements!

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

Why waste any further time on him, 1x lead injection should do the trick.

Because the UK doesn't have the death penalty.

Whether you think that is right or not is a different matter.

But I can remember at least two groups of people convicted of terrorist murder who later turned out to be innocent!

Not saying that this guy is, though.

People wrongly convicted and imprisoned can be released; people wrongly executed can't be brought back to life!

6 hours ago, i claudius said:

Bet he gets at least a life sentence ,which means he will be out in about 5 years after plotting with his "brothers" in a nice cushy prison

seems you are familiar with british prisons.....your own experience or just a bla....?

1 hour ago, ujayujay said:

seems you are familiar with british prisons.....your own experience or just a bla....?

I strongly advise anyone interested in the influence of Islam on the British prison system to read this. . . a real eye-opener.

https://muslimstatistics.wordpress.com/2016/01/28/uk-up-to-44-of-max-security-prison-population-is-muslim-out-of-a-5-total-muslim-population/

10 hours ago, simple1 said:

Excellent work by UK security agencies - well done.

I'll second that. Terrorism-related arrests in Britain hit a record high last year after a series of attacks around the country, including those in London and Manchester.

No less than twelve Islamist terrorist plots were foiled in the UK by police and the intelligence services following the Westminster attack - an average of one a month - plus four right-wing terrorist conspiracies. 

In the year ended 31 March, 441 people were held on suspicion of terrorism-related activity, the highest number of arrests in a year since data collection started in 2001, and an increase of 17 percent on the 378 in the previous year.

The total number of terror-related arrests in Britain since the 9/11 attacks in 2001 has passed the 4,000 mark. One shudders to think what the toll would have been if our intelligence and security services were less vigilant.

To fully appreciate the implications of this case, one must understand who Lewis Ludlow was. He was influenced by a hate preacher Imam, whom Corbyn's Momentum supporters had argued against deporting from the UK.  He shares many of the same characteristics of  certain farangs in Thailand , some of whom, probably post in  TVF.  Surprised? Don't be, because these are the characteristics that made him an easy candidate to become a terrorist.  He had these extremist views all along and his conversion to Islam wasn't sudden, as it occurred nearly a decade ago.  The following information  was revealed in court and is public knowledge;

- Poorly educated

- Occupied a lower soci-economic demographic, public services employee (Royal Mail casual employee)

- 26 years old, male who lived with his parents, brother and sister in a semi-detached former council house.

- Obese, unattractive, and socially isolated with no friends

- Converted to Islam at age 17

- He states that he was a neo-nazi  prior to this.

image.png.980986138fd799fd1b39378d80def3e2.png

Not a nice character. Yet, he was a reflection of a segment of the UK that too many people wish to deny exists.

Archived