Blissed out in Jomtien: Café del Mar announces grand opening

rooster59

Blissed out in Jomtien: Café del Mar announces grand opening

By Alastair

cfd.jpg

Mainstay of the Ibiza club scene and iconic record label Café del Mar is all set to transform the Na Jomtien coastline in 2018 by introducing its ‘premium beach club experience’ with the launch of Café del Mar Pattaya’s Grand Opening this coming November.

With music being integral to the Café del Mar philosophy Pattaya, despite the strong presence of well known hotels and resorts, may now be getting the primo club experience it needs if it wants to continue its development as destination with a broad general appeal.

Dr. Vongbhum Vanasin owner of Café del Mar Pattaya said: “Café del Mar Pattaya will provide guests with an oasis away from the bustle of Bangkok and Pattaya. Our ocean front beach club will be like no other in the area, offering a taste of the relaxed Mediterranean lifestyle.

The quality of service and Café del Mar signature touches will make guests want to come back time and time again. We are really excited to be opening our doors in the coming months and look forward to welcoming guests from around the world.”

Full story: https://www.traveldailymedia.com/blissed-out-in-jomtien-cafe-del-mar-pattaya-announce-grand-opening/

Travel Daily Media: 2018-08-11

" Resident DJs and a weekly Sunday Session will be part of the ongoing regular entertainment. And the resort will maintain Café el Mar’s reputation as a dance and music mecca by hosting a series of high profile annual international DJ events at the Beach Club. Kicking things off in style, the Café del Mar Pattaya Grand Opening will be a large scale music event with global DJs, light show and dizzying performances from international dancers. "

Thank God I didnt buy a condo within 10km of that. I pity anyone who did.

I hope things have improved in Rayong  and Jomtien since i was last there around 2015.  The beach stunk of sewerage and the sea was dark brown.  Had lunch  around a  table on the  beach with some Thai  friends.  Cost about 80 dollars  for 6 basic Thai dishes and a couple of bottles of Singha.

Never been back. Why bother.

I hope things have improved in Rayong  and Jomtien since i was last there around 2015.  The beach stunk of sewerage and the sea was dark brown.  Had lunch  around a  table on the  beach with some Thai  friends.  Cost about 80 dollars  for 6 basic Thai dishes and a couple of bottles of Singha.
 Never been back. Why bother.

Sounds like ‘Mediterranean style’ should be replaced by ‘Black Sea’ style!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

…,Oeps …! Condo prices hall slump down once more around that location ….especially J.B.Paradise ones.., i feel sorry for those owners ….beach party's & pool party's disturbance

1 hour ago, Henrik Andersen said:

I love go eat in café la mar good food nice quiet restaurant overlooking the sea but soon it is gone and Bangkok hip people will take over 

I think that the old Cafe le Mar and the new Cafe del Mar are two completely different businesses in two completely different locations.

1 minute ago, KittenKong said:

I think that the old Cafe le Mar and the new Cafe del Mar are two completely different businesses in two completely different locations.

I hope so ..and please far away from the old Café le Mar

50 minutes ago, balo said:

Exactly what Pattaya needs to attract the rich and famous .  They will now rebook their holiday to Bahamas and choose amazing Pattaya. 

It is already too much if only those who think they are " the rich and famous " are coming....?

Cafe del Mar is a chill-out and "crash & burn" experience/music after the blow-out "recreational" night out...not sure how that will fly with the junta killjoy brigade making fun more and more difficult. Those who know Cafe del Mar from long ago know what it is/was all about. Maybe open a branch in the full moon party locations would be a better idea...but I bet this one opening is a pale hollow example of what it should be and sanitized to the gazoot. 

Anybody know how the one in Phuket is doing?

Also from the link -

resort, capable of supporting 1500 guests

Unless they are going to attract the Chinese tour groups I can see this being woefully under utilized - especially out of high season.

The Russians walking around in budgie smugglers and sucking on a tall chang wont be going. Chinese wont be going..The gods waiting room of elderly expats wont be going. Who exactly will be going?  The thais I see on the beach are eating Som tam and drinking tall leos.

yes jomtien does have successful pool parties but errrm they come with certain extras ?

29 minutes ago, janclaes47 said:

The Bangkok Thais who populate that area every weekend.

1500 thais packing it in will see a huge jump in bums on beds. This is a huge positive for real estate. 

But everyone saying it will cause a slump lol 

14 minutes ago, burningup said:

1500 thais packing it in will see a huge jump in bums on beds. This is a huge positive for real estate. 

But everyone saying it will cause a slump lol 

So why is someone trying hard to sell it on this forum? Who do they see as their target market?

The advantage with  Jomtien branch of Cafe Del Mar will be that the sea water will be significantly cleaner than Pattaya sea water,  :whistling: it has to be in order to appeal to the jet setters that have sampled Ibiza, Malta and Phuket.

I hope for their sakes and the folks in the area that it's a success and condo prices go through the roof.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Café_del_Mar

http://cafedelmarphuket.com/

Archived