Blissed out in Jomtien: Café del Mar announces grand opening

rooster59

21 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Anyone interested in seeing the location can look here (at least as far as I can tell):

https://goo.gl/maps/KgYiREdeE8H2

Right next door to a hotel and in an area that used to be quite nice and quiet. So much for that!

Also this new branch has its own incomplete website:

http://cafedelmarpattaya.com/

Just around the corner from my once-a-month quiet getaway at Drifters. That'll bugger things up a bit.

15 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

Anyone interested in seeing the location can look here (at least as far as I can tell)

I know that location...its where Sea Falcon and Drifters Cafe is located

below a shot of the (not) private beach.

542067036_P_20170807_143151(Large).jpg.2b0b39bcdc305fc079a2e2fa6e4c6d02.jpg

In 2016 the "junta" removed a large stretch of  beach side  restaurants almost to Sea Falcon  and then just stopped ??

220193727_IMG_20161005_110759(Large)(2).jpg.5709540112b2c8966d17fd8d3f346580.jpg1135934325_IMG_20161005_110651(Large)(2).jpg.b708014e83631335fea0f21b354eb6b4.jpg761816983_IMG_20161005_110638(Large).jpg.5bc3a1aa0eb213c45b369d429c3fc7a7.jpg

1719005363_IMG_20161005_110728(Large).jpg.decb9bbb29fbaebd8d01cf71ffad71c9.jpg

James Dond Survived !!!!

779605200_P_20170104_150233(Large).jpg.d77292b5a0cbea23a72084cbdf4d88de.jpg

3 minutes ago, johng said:

In 2016 the "junta" removed a large stretch of  beach side  restaurants almost to Sea Falcon  and then just stopped ??

Yes, I never understood why they cleared part but not all. To me removing everything on the beach side of the road would be a big improvement, and would increase the value of the hotel, restaurant and condo buildings along there massively.

1 minute ago, burningup said:

Thats a long way down. Does the baht bus even go that far?

It's not Jomtien Beach Road at all. You have to go back up to Sukumvit at the end of Beach Road, then go south and then turn off Sukumvit again to get back down to the beach near the glass house. And that road is a dead-end. No baht-buses at all there that I know of: most of them dont even go beyond Chaiyapreuk.

5 minutes ago, KittenKong said:

It's not Jomtien Beach Road at all. You have to go back up to Sukumvit at the end of Beach Road, then go south and then turn off Sukumvit again to get back down to the beach near the glass house. And that road is a dead-end. No baht-buses at all there that I know of: most of them dont even go beyond Chaiyapreuk.

Oh ok. Well that rules me out as a guest.

Yes, I never understood why they cleared part but not all. To me removing everything on the beach side of the road would be a big improvement, and would increase the value of the hotel, restaurant and condo buildings along there massively.
If this "noise making factory" opens in November the nearby condo prices might loose some value ? ?

20 hours ago, balo said:

Exactly what Pattaya needs to attract the rich and famous .  They will now rebook their holiday to Bahamas and choose amazing Pattaya. 

If the brochure shows a lovely beach etc and the 'rich and famous' arrive, will the 'sorry the beach washed away yesterday, but, here's a token for a non-alcoholic drink at the bar' be ok?

19 hours ago, burningup said:

yes jomtien does have successful pool parties

Really ? I go to Jomtien for about 12 years and I never saw a pool party there. There used to be "Planet Earth Beach Club" but that closed a few years ao

19 hours ago, burningup said:

4 hours ago, KittenKong said:

I think on their website photos I can see one person who might be over 40. He probably went there by mistake, or was looking for his daughter.

I might try it once , just to upset the party atmosphere. 

3 hours ago, johng said:

If this "noise making factory" opens in November the nearby condo prices might loose some value ? ?

Some people would find it a disadvantage, but some might like the idea. There's no accounting for (lack of) taste.

Either way, just round the corner a big condo building called The Whale (really) is under construction, and the beach near this new club will be the nearest beach to it as far as I can see, unless they build a footbridge somewhere. So I think that will make the area much busier also. I expect the restaurant operators will be pleased.

On 8/11/2018 at 5:42 PM, Sir Dude said:

Cafe del Mar is a chill-out and "crash & burn" experience/music after the blow-out "recreational" night out...not sure how that will fly with the junta killjoy brigade making fun more and more difficult. Those who know Cafe del Mar from long ago know what it is/was all about. 

You put recreational in speech marks, and this aspect of the club scene did indeed arise in relation to the chill-out vibes that came about as the recreationals wore off and the sun came up. Can't see how that's going to work here...

On 8/12/2018 at 10:26 AM, johng said:

James Dond Survived !!!!

779605200_P_20170104_150233(Large).jpg.d77292b5a0cbea23a72084cbdf4d88de.jpg

I love how they can switch out a letter like it's no big deal and won't be noticed! Similar to the Bangkok Planebarium, which was suffering from a shortage of T's on the day they installed the sign...

• 6 months later...
On 8/11/2018 at 2:24 PM, KittenKong said:

I think that the old Cafe le Mar and the new Cafe del Mar are two completely different businesses in two completely different locations.

Yes, and different names. You are very observant.

Archived