Dumped Thai dad didn't want his kids to miss out on Mother's Day - so he did this!

rooster59

Dumped Thai dad didn't want his kids to miss out on Mother's Day - so he did this!

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTQ5NC83NDc0Njk4L21hbGUtbW90aGVyLmpwZw==.jpg

Image: Sanook

A Thai dad didn't want his two young children that he cares for to miss out on Mother's Day at their kindergarten.

So he dressed up as a woman and pretended to be their mum just to make them feel good. 

A short video of the man - who owns a tire repair shop on the Kanchanaburi to Sai Yok Road - went viral on social media after they were posted by Kornpat Ae Sukhom on Facebook. 

The poster said simply: "This is the best mum of 2018".

The video had 1.7 million views and 23,000 shares in the first five hours. 

Following the ceremony at the Wat Trai Wattanaram school in Sai Yok on Friday Sanook reporters caught up with "the mum with the mustache" who is Chatchai Panuthai, 32.

He explained that his wife left him three years ago and he looks after their children. He has two children in the kindergarten of the school near his home - Ozone, 5, in K3 and Imsam, 3, in K1.

"I didn't want the kids to miss out on Mother's Day and feel inferior to the others," said Chatchai. "So I borrowed my own mum's clothes for the ceremony". 

Sanook said the dad had become an internet sensation.

Thailand celebrates Mother's Day on Sunday with the birthday of Her Majesty Queen Sirikit.

Thaivisa notes that schools throughout the kingdom had ceremonies on Friday in which children showed respect to their mothers with the presentation of garlands.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-11

aHR0cHM6Ly9zLmlzYW5vb2suY29tL25zLzAvdWQvMTQ5NS83NDc1MDg2L25ld3MxNy5qcGc=.jpg

30 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

So he dressed up as a woman and pretended to be their mum just to make them feel good. 

Bless him, but I'm sure he didn't really need to wear a dress. Just being there, dressed  in his normal attire would have been perfectly okay.

Archived