New twists in disgruntled Bangkok resident story - he asks where 1 million in fees has gone?

rooster59

New twists in disgruntled Bangkok resident story - he asks where 1 million in fees has gone?

rubish.JPG

There have been new twists in the story of a Bangkok man who was caught on CCTV spreading litter and damaging cones at a Ramkhamhaeng housing estate. The man did a jig to mock the estate's juristic person with the story garnering a huge interest among the Thai population.

But not just that - it is also claimed he spread urine around the security post, revved and burned his tires and annoyed his neighbors with childish antics like knocking on doors and running away. 

The man - allegedly nine years behind on maintenance fee payments - has been interviewed by the Thai press and has come up with a different side to the story. 

The juristic person took him to court for non-payment of the fees - and won. Now they have gone to Hua Mark police to register a criminal complaint and say they intend to take the matter to court again to make him pay. 

Thai Channel 3 morning news named him as Charnphat, 20, who is acting on behalf of his parents in the matter. 

Charnphat said that each house in the development pays between 28,000 and 40,000 baht a year in fees. At first the fees were paid, he said.

When he got back from studying in America he says that he discovered that there should be 2 million baht in the juristic person's account.

But there was only one million. 

"I wanted to know where the missing million was," he said and having got no answer he withheld payment of the outstanding fees. 

He blamed the juristic person and security for making his parents' lives miserable. 

It is not clear whether they live in the house or who is the legal owner but it appears that the house was the first in the estate and subsequently when the juristic person changed they did not legally fall under their jurisdiction.

Charnphat's lawyer said his client was not admitting to anything. 

In earlier reports Thai media claimed that the security guard had raised his middle finger on a daily basis.

A reporter asked him about that and other alleged impolite behavior.

The unnamed guard said that it was all lies. 

"I just open the gate for him", he said.

Thaivisa notes that the story has become, for the want of a better phrase, the Thai Drama of the Week. 

Source: Thai Channel 3

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-11

23 minutes ago, rooster59 said:

"I wanted to know where the missing million was," he said and having got no answer he withheld payment of the outstanding fees. 

This is exactly the story I suspected to hide in the background.

I'm confused with this story, who is not paying the fees, the man in the story (Charnphat) or his parents?

The news article says that the debt is his but the story states that 'he' is acting on behalf of his parents in the matter but earlier states 'The man - allegedly nine years behind on maintenance fee payments'.

They have his age of 20, so he stopped paying the fees when he was 11 but had been paying them till then.

Can anyone translate this story into English for me?

1 hour ago, rooster59 said:

Thaivisa notes that the story has become, for the want of a better phrase, the Thai Drama of the Week

I do hope they don't make a soap out of it then if some of the other's on TV are anything to go by .. though given this dude's tantrums he could probably get a leading role in one ..

7 hours ago, rooster59 said:
He blamed the juristic person and security for making his parents' lives miserable. 

It is not clear whether they live in the house or who is the legal owner but it appears that the house was the first in the estate and subsequently when the juristic person changed they did not legally fall under their jurisdiction.

So I would presume it's the parents house 

I don't think the court agreed with the above paragraph 

9 hours ago, rooster59 said:
he discovered that there should be 2 million baht in the juristic person's account.
But there was only one million. 

No surprises there then. I wonder if there is a single village or condo in Thailand that has accounts that balance and are in order?

Archived