Woman who stabbed four children at prestigious Bangkok school now out of prison

rooster59

Woman who stabbed four children at prestigious Bangkok school now out of prison

Kg2lj2gY7z4zNnRdYDHqwlSJ6cCKauNi1bU.jpg

Image: Thai Rath

In a feature story Thai Rath took its readers back to a fateful Friday in Thai history when a crazed knife woman attacked four innocent children at a prestigious Bangkok school. 

The woman is now out of jail helping her mum with chores and tending to an orchard. 

The day was in September 2005 and the scene of the crime was top Thai school St Joseph Convent in Convent Road, Silom , downtown Bangkok. 

Well heeled parents had innocently dropped off their kids at what seemed a safe and caring environment. But those illusions were about to be shattered when 36 year old Jitlada from Nakorn Pathom entered the school.

She looked like any other parent but has three knives concealed about her person. 

She first stabbed a grade 6 primary student on the second floor of the St Paul building. She then stabbed three secondary school children in M2 - they were aged 14.

Two of the children suffered serious injury as their lungs were pierced. 

Panic followed in the school as a lock down was ordered amid uncertainty as to where the assailant had gone. 

Jitlada left the area on a motorcycle taxi heading originally for the Ploenchit intersection then changing her mind. Two knives were discarded at the scene another in a trash can outside. 

She was soon traced by police after a restaurant owner in Chatujak said a woman matching her description applied to work there.

She told the cops that voices from God told her to harm the children of rich Chinese and Indian immigrants to Thailand who had taken advantage of the Thais. 

She had previously worked selling cars but had to leave her job due to mental illness. 

She was diagnosed with a paranoid mental disorder and many reports and incarcerations followed until a court rejected her claims to insanity saying that her actions showed premeditation and planning. 

She was finally sentenced to eight years for attempted murder, weapons and assault charges. This was halved to four years. 

Thai media reported that she was released by 2016.

These days she helps her mother with housework and in an orchard. 

The family prefer not to discuss the case. But her mother said that she takes her medications regularly and also regularly sees doctors to monitor her condition. 

The case caused many schools including International Schools in Thailand to reassess their security arrangements and protocols, notes Thaivisa.

Source: Thai Rath

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-11

release.JPG

release2.JPG

release3.JPG

release4.JPG

23 minutes ago, rtr4 said:

Banana republic

I only see 1 serious post in this tread 

She have do her time so we can only hope she take her medicine and hopefully can live without hurting others again 

Post 2.. What have a watch to do with this?? 

Post3.. Just stupid 

Post 4..more stupid 

Post 5..i think we all hope that 

Post 6..why Banana Republic do people never get released in your country 

46 minutes ago, rtr4 said:

Banana republic

Attacking children at school makes that person's country a banana republic?  How exactly does that work then and, presumably, it applies to other countries that have similar problems with violent attacks, yes?  You couldn't just be applying that bizarre rationale to Thailand, could you?

I don’t understand the Thailand bashing.  I’m an American. People are gunned down, stabbed, assaulted, and worse every minute of the day there. Simultaneously, the people support mass homicide  carried out by their government  across the entire globe continuously. Does that make for a superior society?

1 hour ago, nodomino said:

I don’t understand the Thailand bashing.  I’m an American. People are gunned down, stabbed, assaulted, and worse every minute of the day there. Simultaneously, the people support mass homicide  carried out by their government  across the entire globe continuously. Does that make for a superior society?

Unfortunately a lot of inadequate people inhabit this forum.

This must be a first. A follow up story by the Thai press. However, the follow up is rather odd as it reports upon the fact that the assailant was released two years ago. That is a very unusual way to do a follow up. Also the story fails to state why she appeared to spend 9 years in prison having been sentenced to 4 and a half years. Never mind, I don't want to criticise this promising trend. One wonders what triggered the follow up.

8 hours ago, nodomino said:

Some People here have not much up there to intellectually argue events/issues/comments but criticise.Criticising the very people and government that hosting them Kindly. ?same quality that Swiss chap just got arrested for insurance fraud?

1 hour ago, sammieuk1 said:

Her release could be of great interest to the parents and relatives a GPS location even better?

Are you suggesting the parents of the children carry out the extrajudicial execution of a schizophrenic?

On 8/11/2018 at 10:50 PM, rtr4 said:

Banana republic

image.jpeg.87153741c53d3f5cb33adc82ed2efa33.jpeg

An expensive clothing store in Emquartier. As to republic, Thailand is a constitutional monarchy under a military junta.

More on topic, the woman was mentally disturbed, did not kill anyone and has served 10 years in jail. With luck she will not re - offend. Meanwhile, in North America the carnage continues.

Archived