'Stolen' plane closes Seattle airport before crashing into sea

rooster59

'Stolen' plane closes Seattle airport before crashing into sea

iamge.png

All flights were grounded at Seattle-Tacoma international airport in the US when a passenger plane took off without permission.

Authorities said an airline employee had made "an unauthorised take-off" without any passengers on board.

Officials said the plane later crashed into the sea. The identity and condition of the pilot are not known.

US fighter jets were reportedly scrambled when the passenger plane took off.

Full story: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-45153535

bbc_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright BBC 2018-08-11

Watching the video on CNN. That loop the loop was just amazing. Pulled up just before going into the drink. At least one F15 was close by, maybe another as well.

Question is, was it shot down or did the crazy guy try one stunt too many.

8 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

oh, this could of went so much worse.

That plane is extremely difficult to fire up and fly. much harder than a late model jet. I have it in my home simulator and Im guessing he would have had it at home as well

This is what the home simulation looks like

Sounds a lot like this guy may have been bipolar, and this was a manic episode.

Had a friend who was bipolar, and he just disappeared one day. Three days later he called us from another state 1000 miles away, and tried to explain how "one minute I was in the gas station filling up my tank, and then I was in Georgia hanging out with some people in a bar." Wow.

Crazy..<deleted>!! how easy is it to start/steal a plane ..easier than a car obviously....i hope the airplane companies now sort this bullsheet out as stupid to be this easy..could have ended a lot worse.What the hell is a matter with the people in the world now!!!

2 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

Crazy..<deleted>!! how easy is it to start/steal a plane ..easier than a car obviously....i hope the airplane companies now sort this bullsheet out as stupid to be this easy..could have ended a lot worse.What the hell is a matter with the people in the world now!!!

That's why it's never a good idea to leave the keys in the ignition.?

7 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

you wouldn't happen to have a tatoo of a plane on your back,   would you ?

12 hours ago, rumak said:

you wouldn't happen to have a tatoo of a plane on your back,   would you ?

ermmm no...........tattoo is spelt tattoo not tatoo and why would i have a plane tattood on my back...........? its on my stomach......................kidding..........strange question you asked!!!

9 hours ago, tattoodrob said:

ermmm no...........tattoo is spelt tattoo not tatoo and why would i have a plane tattood on my back...........? its on my stomach......................kidding..........strange question you asked!!!

sorry about misspelling ....i was typing while i was flying my plane.   

I just checked on YouTube there are all kinds of videos showing how to start various aircrafts.

Bagage handlers are trained to operate cargo doors and jetways.

How did he know how to use the radio? I am familiar with Marine Radios, mobile comm. Aviation communication requires use of charts and tuning the radio sets is not easy how did he know how to contact air traffic control?

No way this guy could have done that or those amazing aerobatics without some training.  He lived in Alaska, where light aviation is very common. He must have had some familiarity and probably some stick time even if it was adhoc in a friends plane. Glad he was not motivated by Terrorism this could have been very very bad.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2018/08/12/seattle-plane-thiefs-apparent-knowledge-loops-other-dangerous-maneuvers-is-mystery-investigators.html

Now it is apparent he may have been working closely enough to learn from a  "taxi team",  aircraft mechanics who can taxi aircraft and communicate with Air Traffic control. So there are potentially thousands of airline mechanics who are given permissions to start and move aircraft with no psychological checks!? This should be banned only security vetted teams of pilots should be allowed to taxi aircraft. 

23 hours ago, gedster said:

I read a report that this plane does not need a key to operte. The worker, "wannabe pilot" had authority to tow the planes at the airport.

He certainly needed psychological help.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DstWZY_eUOc

That's why the smiley face.   Of course they don't have a key.   Can you imagine the delays when the previous pilot took the keys home with him.   I suspect the space shuttle didn't have a key either.   

Archived