Samut Sakhon pub raided, 123 test positive for drugs

rooster59

Samut Sakhon pub raided, 123 test positive for drugs

By The Nation

e0c03580abeca30bff9871671ee08f67.jpeg

Officials from the Provincial Administration Department joined forces with other agencies to raid a pub in Samut Sakhon and found 123 pub goers tested positive to drug use.

The raid against NOS Pub was led by Piriya Chanthadilo, director of the Investigation and Legal Affairs Division of the department, with support from several agencies, including Office of Narcotics Control Board, Excise Department, Office of Alcohol Control Board, and Juvenile Observation and Protection Department.

Piriya said an undercover official from his division was first sent to check the pub after the authorities received tips that drugs were being sold on the premises and the 1am closing hour was often ignored.

Piriya said the undercover official stayed inside until 1.30am before signalling waiting officials to raid.

They found about 800 patrons were still dancing. Patrons were rounded up for urine tests and 123 of them tested positive for drug use, 43 of them women.

Officials also found that seven of the pub goers were under the legal age of 20 for entering entertainment venues selling alcohol.

Piriya said NOS Pub was operated under a licence issued to House Singer Pub, which listed Panya Saengprasit, 60, as the licensee.

The district chief of Krathum Ban district, where the pub is located, will later propose to the provincial administration that the pub be permanently closed, said Piriya.

Priya said he would file a complaint with police for the licensee’s arrest for operating a pub in violation of closing hour, selling alcoholic drinks after permitted hours, operating a pub under a different name than the licensed name, allowing patrons to use drugs and allowing underaged people inside.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351948

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-08-11

Remember the Santika Club fire in Bangkok on January 1, 2009?

I see two small doors at the far end of the room, one on each side.  Can you image what would happen if there was a fire and 800 people tried to get out those two small doors?

Damn good thing is being closed, but of course the building will be sold to someone with connections and be opened again in 6 months.

14 minutes ago, HarrySeaman said:

Remember the Santika Club fire in Bangkok on January 1, 2009?

I see two small doors at the far end of the room, one on each side.  Can you image what would happen if there was a fire and 800 people tried to get out those two small doors?

Damn good thing is being closed, but of course the building will be sold to someone with connections and be opened again in 6 months.

I bet the corpse burning with all the drugs in them would give the neighborhood a high.

13 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

It seems people can't party with out drugs 

this club couldn't follow the rules 

so it will be closed for at least 5years

Hopefully not. Prohibition just fuels crime and corruption and gets in the of real police work. The police and penal interdiction does more harm than the recreational drugs themselves. A waste of police time and resources. 

Said it before and will say it again, evidently something has happened or happening at the top levels why police no longer does raids .

its either army with tourist police or just tourist police with city hall officials .

On 8/11/2018 at 2:02 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

Yes, blame the pub owners when their customers are drugged up. What do you suggest; urine tests before entering the establishment?

7 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes, blame the pub owners when their customers are drugged up. What do you suggest; urine tests before entering the establishment?

Hello do you read the full story??? 

selling alcohol to under age 

Selling after limit time 

Open to late 

Operate with different name 

20 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

Hello do you read the full story??? 

selling alcohol to under age 

Selling after limit time 

Open to late 

Operate with different name 

Yes I did. And I agree with every point you made in this post. However, my point was the 'drugged up visitors' which the owners can't control.

3 hours ago, Vacuum said:

Yes I did. And I agree with every point you made in this post. However, my point was the 'drugged up visitors' which the owners can't control.

The owner knows, mostly when people use drugs and dance they drinking water or soda and, it is still up to the owner to control his customers 

2 minutes ago, Henrik Andersen said:

The owner knows, mostly when people use drugs and dance they drinking water or soda and, it is still up to the owner to control his customers 

So anyone drinking water and dancing is on drugs ? And in your opinion , owner should go to work every single night and watch the dance floor and once he/she sees someone dancing, owner should follow each and everyone to their table to confirm if they drinking water or alcohol?does it matter how many bottles of beer or glasses of whisky they consumed to determine their drug status ??

4 hours ago, BestB said:

So anyone drinking water and dancing is on drugs ? And in your opinion , owner should go to work every single night and watch the dance floor and once he/she sees someone dancing, owner should follow each and everyone to their table to confirm if they drinking water or alcohol?does it matter how many bottles of beer or glasses of whisky they consumed to determine their drug status ??

Your opinion is yours 

and I said mostly not everyone 

And yes it is the owners responsibility for who they let in the club 

Not only my opinion but the law 

On 8/11/2018 at 1:02 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

Yes,  it's does seem that way.  So why not let them have harmless fun?  Why not legally sell them safe doses of MDMA? 

Give me one reason why that's a bad idea,  now 123 kids lives are <deleted>,  and for What? 

On 8/12/2018 at 1:51 AM, kandi said:

The fact that they never report what specific drug was found says a lot about the Thai media's inability to see this topic only from one side. 

It was likely variations of speed and ecstasy.  Maybe some Molly too. 

Nobody should have to submit to a drug test unless they're stopped driving, or committed an assault. 

It's fascist bullshit overreach that creates more trouble for an overloaded justice system than it's worth. What have the bar stewards gained by that?  Arrest statistics? Meh.  And ruined 123 youngsters lives. Bravo! 

On 8/12/2018 at 10:07 PM, BestB said:

Said it before and will say it again, evidently something has happened or happening at the top levels why police no longer does raids .

its either army with tourist police or just tourist police with city hall officials .

The safest place to be if pillz meanz thrillz is counterintuitively partying in a premises controlled or patronised by the cunstabulary themselves. 

Also many many BIB moonlight as bouncers and security,  which may explain why other branches are doing the Miami Vice gig of late. 

It's a read-between-the-lines scenario. 

6 hours ago, Small Joke said:

It was likely variations of speed and ecstasy.  Maybe some Molly too. 

Nobody should have to submit to a drug test unless they're stopped driving, or committed an assault. 

It's fascist bullshit overreach that creates more trouble for an overloaded justice system than it's worth. What have the bar stewards gained by that?  Arrest statistics? Meh.  And ruined 123 youngsters lives. Bravo! 

Perfect example of clueless ???, there is no speed in Thailand and ecstasy is not a common drug of choice ?

38 minutes ago, BestB said:

Perfect example of clueless ???, there is no speed in Thailand and ecstasy is not a common drug of choice ?

Yabah is speed, the tabs are 20% amphetamine sulphate, in the west its referred to as speed. Yaice is meth-amphetamine (100%) in crystal form, in the west referred to as ice.

3 hours ago, Peterw42 said:

Yabah is speed, the tabs are 20% amphetamine sulphate, in the west its referred to as speed. Yaice is meth-amphetamine (100%) in crystal form, in the west referred to as ice.

Yaba is speed ? Yet to see anyone on speed turn into a freak. 20% is composition of what is also in speed , how does that make yaba speed ?

1 hour ago, BestB said:

Yaba is speed ? Yet to see anyone on speed turn into a freak. 20% is composition of what is also in speed , how does that make yaba speed ?

Methamphetamine is available in three different forms commonly known as speed, base and ice but they differ in their purity. Ice is about 80% pure, whereas speed is typically around 10-20% pure. 

Yaba is 20% pure tabs, speed. you swallow it or snort it. doesnt usually turn you into a "freak"

Yaice is 80% pure crystals called ice, you smoke it or inject it , turns you into a freak.

http://druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/news/what-difference-between-ice-and-speed

24 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Methamphetamine is available in three different forms commonly known as speed, base and ice but they differ in their purity. Ice is about 80% pure, whereas speed is typically around 10-20% pure. 

Yaba is 20% pure tabs, speed. you swallow it or snort it. doesnt usually turn you into a "freak"

Yaice is 80% pure crystals called ice, you smoke it or inject it , turns you into a freak.

http://druginfo.sl.nsw.gov.au/news/what-difference-between-ice-and-speed

I DO not know why you keep going on about ice but Yaba is a combination of things including flavouring as it’s usually red in color where is speed white and speed does not come in tablet form but powder form only. Yaba literally translates into mad pil, speed makes you energetic.

many cases of people on yaba going lunatics and violent, speed does not have this effect , which can onky

mean yaba is laced with many other narcotics.

i have never heard or seen speed in white powder form being sold or offered or found during arrests.

14 hours ago, Small Joke said:

Yes,  it's does seem that way.  So why not let them have harmless fun?  Why not legally sell them safe doses of MDMA? 

Give me one reason why that's a bad idea,  now 123 kids lives are <deleted>,  and for What? 

This can only come from a drug user 

harmless fun..... 

Overdose of fun 

Archived