Swiss man arrested in Chonburi accused of cheating insurance firm out of 600,000 francs

Jonathan Fairfield

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

Insurance policies usually renew annually, and that is when consumers notice that their insurance premiums have gone up. There are legitimate reasons for raising insurance premiums. For example, if it was an especially bad year for hurricanes, then there will be a significant increase in homeowners, auto and health insurance claims. To help recover the unexpected spike in payouts, the insurance companies will raise their premiums.

But a significant percentage of a premium increase is to help cover losses due to insurance fraud. In the United States, insurance fraud accounts for approximately $30 billion in lost revenue for the insurance industry. Unfortunately for the consumer, that money has to come from somewhere, which is part of the reason for insurance premium increases.

So if, for example, an insurance company is losing 500.000 GBP per annum only to fraud, why can't they then reduce their rates by that 500.000 GBP? No need to answer.

And as for the "especially bad year for hurricanes" will they cut their profits, and not pass it all on to their customers? Will they hell, capitalism springs to mind again.

20 hours ago, balo said:

He should have tried Cambodia or Laos instead , would be more difficult to locate him .  Unless he is completely innocent. 

Not a single human is completely innocent my son.☝️

You get claims in UK "bad back" then they get filmed doing sports or housework. Prob same. He claims disability via a bad back, easy enough to fake as hard for a doctor to say its fake, then goes to Thailand and runs around thinking he is safe. Prob insurance company went hang on he said he couldnt drive or fly ever again and goes to Thailand....

1 hour ago, from the home of CC said:

Insurance policies usually renew annually, and that is when consumers notice that their insurance premiums have gone up. There are legitimate reasons for raising insurance premiums. For example, if it was an especially bad year for hurricanes, then there will be a significant increase in homeowners, auto and health insurance claims. To help recover the unexpected spike in payouts, the insurance companies will raise their premiums.

But a significant percentage of a premium increase is to help cover losses due to insurance fraud. In the United States, insurance fraud accounts for approximately $30 billion in lost revenue for the insurance industry. Unfortunately for the consumer, that money has to come from somewhere, which is part of the reason for insurance premium increases.

And you really believe the bull$hit that you copy ? poor you.

I support the guy for having cheated the insurance company, this is all what they deserve !

20 hours ago, Henrik Andersen said:

just another criminal hide in Thailand and live a luxury life 

I hope he get what he deserves 

I suspect his name is Christoph Zumbach, not the reverse as reported.     Sure looks like he has been living in style.....Not!!  Interesting where the rest of the person behind him is.  One shoe presumably with a foot in it, part of a hand???  Is that an ear under Christoph's ear or is he sitting down on a step?

Ok, the insurance company got him. What about the mining company that destroyed my life and walked away from it. All forgotten. In fact, I went back through the records where they were supposed to record that accident Guess what no record on that date of that accident Amazing

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 9:34 AM, Justgrazing said:

Wot's that on the bottom step behind him .. Has someone just changed the oil in their Wave or something ..

Maybe where they arrest him, maybe scared ? ? 

On 8/11/2018 at 3:34 PM, Justgrazing said:

Wot's that on the bottom step behind him .. Has someone just changed the oil in their Wave or something ..

No... it happened as a result of them saying he's going home for a while!!

2 hours ago, gaff said:

I support the guy for having cheated the insurance company, this is all what they deserve !

Guess you dont have or need insurance then? Or you are not concerned about the costs of insuring? Those who "cheat" put the premium costs up. Simple maths actually (or actuarially).

3 hours ago, gaff said:

so you support a criminal that actually means you are criminal too 

and stealing from other. a person or a company is just a act of justice in your opinion 

I call that insane thinking 

...support a criminal.... ???

On 8/11/2018 at 6:26 PM, off road pat said:

Hmm,..They just caught a Uzbek woman a couple of days ago who overstayed six years !!! If you're smart you can lay low. You have to cut all contacts with the outside world. Don't drive a expensive car. don't make the Thais jealous or suspicious,...

if you have that kind of monet you can be having sex 5 times a day that will keep you busy for the next 20 years 

12 hours ago, IamNoone88 said:
On 8/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, Justgrazing said:

Its the latest in security. Escapees heading for the hills don't know it is there and slip up in it. 

Nah, I think that was the spot he was stood on when they arrested him !!!

13 hours ago, spidermike007 said:

As far as I am concerned, insurance companies, and banks are the greatest form of corporate mafia there is. Anytime someone can get over on them, they have my hearty congratulations. Too bad he was caught!

you are congratulating someone who has cheated you. or should we assume that you don't use any banking or insurance services?

Innocent until proven guilty.

Insurance companies never cheat anyone do they?

And the Swiss and their banking system never cheated anyone either did they. I would like to know what is still stashed away in their vaults that does not belong to them. Best scam ever. 

On ‎8‎/‎11‎/‎2018 at 1:26 PM, off road pat said:

Hmm,..They just caught a Uzbek woman a couple of days ago who overstayed six years !!! If you're smart you can lay low. You have to cut all contacts with the outside world. Don't drive a expensive car. don't make the Thais jealous or suspicious,...

Dont share on Facebook - opps…:shock1:

8 hours ago, arithai12 said:

As far as I am concerned, insurance companies, and banks are the greatest form of corporate mafia there is. Anytime someone can get over on them, they have my hearty congratulations. Too bad he was caught!

you are congratulating someone who has cheated you. or should we assume that you don't use any banking or insurance services?

I use banking services. I use insurance services to the most absolute minimum possible in this lifetime. I detest insurance companies. I need banks, but I dislike them. Otherwise I would not use them. I also am aware of the extent to which both engage in crime, and both are massive fraudsters, and not there to benefit their customers. Most are there to fleece their customers. I am proud of this man. I think anyone who can get over on the banks or the insurance companies deserves an award by us citizens. As far as the cheat thing goes, that is a lame claim. These banking and insurance empires take in trillions a year. They should be covering losses out of their profits, not our pockets. Just another instance of their criminal natures. When they do factor the losses into premiums, it is very minimal. What drives your premiums up is sick people within your health care pool, or tragedies within your home ownership pool. If you want something to blame, blame hurricanes. Blame cancer. Blame tobacco and alcohol for causing all of these health problems and losses. With insurance, you are constantly paying for other people's issues and problems. I hate insurance. I despise insurance companies. I celebrate every time one gets taken for a ride! Hooray. Congrats! Yeah baby. 

On 8/12/2018 at 5:50 PM, lvr181 said:

Guess you dont have or need insurance then? Or you are not concerned about the costs of insuring? Those who "cheat" put the premium costs up. Simple maths actually (or actuarially).

And you are easily brainwashed by the liars, this for sure also !

On 8/11/2018 at 9:34 AM, Justgrazing said:

I think his Ladyboy spontaneously combusted when s/he

saw it's man-sized wallet being led away.  ?

?️

14 hours ago, gaff said:

And you are easily brainwashed by the liars, this for sure also !

Well, don't insure then! So simple really? :thumbsup:

Some of us cannot afford (or do not want to carry) the big risks ourselves.

On 8/12/2018 at 11:41 AM, Arkady said:

I don't think B20 million is really enough to live a life of luxury in Thailand. Once you have bought a nice house, you would be down to your pension without even enough for massive electricity bills to air condition the house.

Rent a house - and the 800.000 a year Thai Immigration like you present for 1 year visa is not so wrong.

So that is my experience - even with family and monthly car loan payments. In the Isaan.

But no Bar -  and Barfines and changing women all time. ?

So around 20 years is ok.

On 8/12/2018 at 2:09 PM, spidermike007 said:

On 8/12/2018 at 3:05 PM, gaff said:

On 8/12/2018 at 6:34 PM, Henrik Andersen said:

so you support a criminal that actually means you are criminal too 

and stealing from other. a person or a company is just a act of justice in your opinion 

I call that insane thinking 

...support a criminal.... ???

Oh yes ? - lol  just a Peccadillo ☺?

Archived