"Road Pizza" coming soon

Grumpy Old Man

I want to share a short "Dash Cam" video high lighting the complete disregard to basic traffic rule and no consideration for their own road safety.

I had a GREEN light / road traffic priority for at least twelve seconds and these two young ladies on a scooter still jumped a RED light with no consideration for their own road safety and that doesn't include the road users jumping the RED light before them.

They'll be the first to moan when they become a "Road Pizza"

And I thought that this was yet another mobile food topic!:sad:

I think it would help if you asked the Mods to edit the title as "Road Pizza" has no meaning or understanding (with me) in the connotation that you are making.

BTW. How long have you spent travelling in Thailand?

5 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

And I thought that this was yet another mobile food topic!:sad:

I think it would help if you asked the Mods to edit the title as "Road Pizza" has no meaning or understanding (with me) in the connotation that you are making.

BTW. How long have you spent travelling in Thailand?

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. 

I drive approximately 27,000 Km a year in Thailand everything from congested cities to the country tracks of the North East.

"Road Pizza" is a reference to what the human body looks like after being hit / run over by a large vehicle; not everyones taste of humour.    

I too had a story in my head about another fly by night mobile pizza business.

Anyway, this is so common it's almost not worth the time creating a thread.  My wife and I see this behaviour every minute or two in her home town when we're out on the road.  They didn't even look once you were bearing down on them.  Complete oblivion and hence the most obvious reason for the high rate of RTAs in LOS.  

Your luck only lasts so long living on the edge in this life.  

3 hours ago, fanjita said:

I too had a story in my head about another fly by night mobile pizza business.

Anyway, this is so common it's almost not worth the time creating a thread.  My wife and I see this behaviour every minute or two in her home town when we're out on the road.  They didn't even look once you were bearing down on them.  Complete oblivion and hence the most obvious reason for the high rate of RTAs in LOS.  

Your luck only lasts so long living on the edge in this life.  

If you're not living on the Edge-  You're taking up too much room.......Wisdom from a Thai Monk ?

7 hours ago, Grumpy Old Man said:

"Road Pizza" is a reference to what the human body looks like after being hit / run over by a large vehicle; not everyones taste of humour.    

When I lived in Tokyo, 'road pizza' ( or, more commonly, 'platform pizza' if it was seen in the subway station) was the term for pile left on the ground after a drunken 'salaryman' lost his dinner after a night of drinking.;)

There seems to be no common sense or self preservation from the Thai's when it comes to road safety. Just the other day I had two people blindly walk out infront of my car to cross the road. At no point did they once look in my direction. I was completely bewildered as I hit the brakes and waited for them to cross. It amazes me...

Wife had never heard me swear until we got a car and she likes to keep saying jai yen yen for some reason

I tell her that if you are not swearing then you are not concentrating.

I will swear and blast the horn every day, its as much at timid indecisive snowflakes, as blatant stupidity that can cause serious accidents

On 8/17/2018 at 1:05 PM, suaychat said:

"roadkill"  or "highway pizza"   try not to mix metaphors.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roadkill

And does CM  have  a brickoven pizza joint?

There isn't a "Brick Oven" pizza restaurant that I know of in Chiangmai but I often use "Pizza Lover" near "Tha Phae Gate" for pizza and they do a good job in my option. . . . . 

On 8/11/2018 at 10:12 PM, Grumpy Old Man said:

Thank you for your comments and suggestions. 

I drive approximately 27,000 Km a year in Thailand everything from congested cities to the country tracks of the North East.

Yep, and no helmets either.

After watching the video I must compliment you on being a cautious and safe driver. I would feel confident travelling with you as a passenger in your car, anywhere. 

And yes, those kids on motorbikes are road pizzas waiting to happen.

On 8/19/2018 at 1:09 AM, Damrongsak said:

Would it be OK to install a train horn on a vehicle in Thailand?

Last year on the Hang Dong Road I was on my motorbike when one of those big double barrelled trucks sneaked up behind me. Then suddenly the driver blew his horn that was almost as loud as the one in the video. I literally jump 1 foot in the air and almost crapped myself. Bustard. 

Archived