BANGKOK 22 February 2019 03:06
rooster59

Earthquake damage on Lombok reaches US$138 million

Earthquake damage on Lombok reaches US$138 million

A-mosque-damaged-by-an-earthquake.png

A mosque damaged by an earthquake at Bayan in Lombok, Indonesia.

The damage and losses caused by last week’s 7.0-magnitude earthquake in Lombok, West Nusa Tenggara (NTB), and Bali have been estimated to reach more than US$138 million, according to Indonesia’s national disaster agency.

The Jakarta Post quoted the spokesman of the National Disaster Mitigation Agency (BNPB) as reporting that damaged infrastructure comprises 67,875 houses, 468 schools, six bridges, three hospitals, 10 health centers, 15 mosques, 50 mushola (prayer room) and 20 office buildings.

“The BNPB is still estimating the economic losses,” spokesman Sutopo Purwo Nugroho was quoted as saying.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/earthquake-damage-on-lombok-reaches-us138-million/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-11

My kid was there, tells me it was a horror show that wasn't xorosho...

4 hours ago, BB1958 said:

Of MUCH lesser importance than the MONEY,  is of course the death toll, which currently stands at 387 human beings

My thoughts entirely.

This is indeed a sad reflection of the world we live in.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, BB1958 said:

Of MUCH lesser importance than the MONEY,  is of course the death toll, which currently stands at 387 human beings.

See  DEATH TOLL Link

Minor detail in Asia

2 hours ago, Media1 said:

Minor detail in Asia

I have friends who live there and fortunately they and their families are safe but all living outside in tents, the poor are particularly hard hit as they have no work no money and no possessions, tragic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rosst said:

I have friends who live there and fortunately they and their families are safe but all living outside in tents, the poor are particularly hard hit as they have no work no money and no possessions, tragic. 

And tourism is forked for a few months......

One report says it moved the Island 10" upward..........in terms of real estate, thats a lot.  My friends felt it all the way  up in Jogijakarta..........damned near 1000 miles away.