Prisons to open throughout August for family visits to mark Mother’s Day

rooster59

Prisons to open throughout August for family visits to mark Mother’s Day

Prisons.png

On the occasion of the Mother’s Day Aug 12, prisons and detention centres throughout the country will open for relatives to meet inmates throughout the month of August, Corrections Department director-general Narat Sawetanan said on Saturday.

Pol Col Narat said the intention is for prison inmates to have a chance to pay respects to their mothers and have a good time together.

All prisons and detention centres are to make arrangements for such visits throughout the month, based on surrounding conditions and suitability.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/prisons-to-open-throughout-august-for-family-visits-to-mark-mothers-day/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-08-12

So today is actually mothers day,yet my wife's kids had most of Friday off school and will be off on monday as it is a substitute day,add this to all the other public holidays where they seem to get extra time off,Teachers meeting days ect and very long school holidays it's a wonder they learn anything,as i reckon that actually attend school for only about 7 months out of the year. I hear now Thailand has overtaken India in terms of the country with the most public holidays.

"On the occasion of the Mother’s Day Aug 12, prisons and detention centres throughout the country will open...pay respects to their mothers..."

And....After visiting hours, the mothers of the prisoners will conduct a workshop on "Successful Child Rearing Techniques and Raising Your Children to Become Responsible Adults".

55 minutes ago, marko kok prong said:

So today is actually mothers day,yet my wife's kids had most of Friday off school and will be off on monday as it is a substitute day,add this to all the other public holidays where they seem to get extra time off,Teachers meeting days ect and very long school holidays it's a wonder they learn anything,as i reckon that actually attend school for only about 7 months out of the year. I hear now Thailand has overtaken India in terms of the country with the most public holidays.

They dont learn much. Ask anybody fresh out of school what is 6 x 9 = ?  They all want a calculator. They should be taught how to say english then for the last 5 years be taught how to spell it. And for God sake teach the teachers to say computer and not computeerrrrr

Might want to also consider an amnesty or pardon while we're celebrating "Mothers Day", as a result of the draconian sentences that your so called "judges" hand out! 

Not to mention your over crowded prisons....

Archived