Immigration: Any news?....move to near airport.

Ned

Old building has never stopped issuing/updating TM30. Building 3 straight in front as you enter takes care of it and expect to be there 3-5 minutes on a busy  day. Park right in front.

I'm flying into the country tomorrow and will have the taxi stop at the pump opposite while I nip across the road to stamp TM30. I'll be legal in minutes flat and taxi will pick up 100baht tip. Will update move in date then if nobody else offers information.

I went past last week and they where having what I as an old Soldier would describe as a "Scale A Parade".

Everyone in uniform and drawn up in Rank & File.

Senior Officer out front taking the Parade.

All in Best Bib & Tucker.

john

I hate rumors, but here goes...

The agent I use said that Immigration was toying with leaving some high volume operations, like retirement extensions, at Promenada. And, they would know mid month whether or not this is so.

From the Promenada management perspective, this would be a no brainer to give Immigration rent free access. The merchants still in business a the Prom are hanging on (most) by a thread. And the added traffic of folks milling about waiting immigration procedures to complete could be the make or break element.

Unfortunately, a split operation for Immigration could see us back where we were in the beginning, namely, the big cheese with signature authority will reside back at the airport -- and all transactions at Prom would be delayed awaiting his signature.

Anyway, pure rumor and conjecture, and so will await the verdict. My agent has said that, due to parking scarcity at Immigration airport, he would van us there for final step. I can live with that.

Just back from airport immigration updating TM30 which took a lengthy 7 minutes due to the young lady updating mine and two other passports that another person had who walked in with me. No complaints.

Regarding the parking comment above I walked around the new building which has desks and chairs installed but no computers and counted a grand total of 5 parking spaces free and that's before they even open. That was at 1 this afternoon.

Archived