Beef Dripping Fat

Isan Farang

13 minutes ago, cooked said:

I have to make my own lard so I'm guessing you won't find beef dripping either. We always had a jar full after Sunday roast.

I make bone broth. Sometimes i use beef short ribs and/or forequarter. After a good few hours in the pressure cooker take out the broth and let it cool. You always get a nice bag of lard after its cooled in the fridge. 

Where do you guys get beef here with any fat on it. The only place I can find with decent beef around Petchebun is Macro and the meat is pure red meat no fat.  I buy steaks and chop them up to make hamburgers and all I have is red meat I would ;like some fat in it to give it more taste. 

I would really like to have a roast with enough drippings to make a good gravy.

So wheer d you guys get your beef? I would travel to get some.

2 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

Where do you guys get beef here with any fat on it. The only place I can find with decent beef around Petchebun is Macro and the meat is pure red meat no fat.  I buy steaks and chop them up to make hamburgers and all I have is red meat I would ;like some fat in it to give it more taste. 

Last time I was in Makro Petchabun they had plenty of minced beef with fat at the fresh meat counter at the back of the store. Always get plenty for burgers ,spaghetti chilli etc.

Cut from the shoulder, ground chuck ranges from 15 to 20 percent fat and was favored by our tasters for its "rich" flavor and "tender," "moist" texture. The best choice for burgers. Tasters found ground sirloin a bit "dry" in burgers, though it did have "good beef flavor."

Mix these two cuts (chuck & sirloin) & grind... for good burgers.

1 hour ago, cooked said:

I have to make my own lard so I'm guessing you won't find beef dripping either. We always had a jar full after Sunday roast.

It was great on doorstep toast cooked on a toasting fork in front of a coal fire.

54 minutes ago, lovelomsak said:

I buy brisket from Foodland. It's the only cut of beef that has any decent amount of fat on it.

I've searched for beef dripping, but never found any here - likewise, no beef fat for sale anywhere (unlike pork fat, which is plentiful).

I'd like to know what they do with all the fat they cut off the expensive joints.

you can get beef dripping and lard at passion delivery, I have bought it and its great for roasts etc,  other than that make your own, I did before I found it at passion delivery, the one there is made by sloanes 

This morning I had a look in Makro Buriram. They had something called "scraped beef" at ฿125.- / Kilo.

Looked to be about 80% white fat. I am discovering how to make bacon at present but will definitely have a go at beef dripping soon.

2 minutes ago, cooked said:

This morning I had a look in Makro Buriram. They had something called "scraped beef" at ฿125.- / Kilo.

Looked to be about 80% white fat. I am discovering how to make bacon at present but will definitely have a go at beef dripping soon.

I sent a mail to Sloanes, for a 4.5kg bucket of Beef Dripping the cost is 1.040 Baht, I am going to Makro Ubon today so I will take a look at the one you mentioned.

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 3:46 PM, billd766 said:

It was great on doorstep toast cooked on a toasting fork in front of a coal fire.

Always used pork dripping for this.

Also useful substitute for KY Jelly.

Just now, faraday said:

My gawd....you er....

(best I don't compete my sentence.)

:laugh::laugh:

Don't knock it until you've tried it. Tastes far better than KY Jelly. Improved with a liberal dash of salt although there is an organic substitute for salt...…….

On 8/13/2018 at 9:05 PM, Denim said:

Last time I was in Makro Petchabun they had plenty of minced beef with fat at the fresh meat counter at the back of the store. Always get plenty for burgers ,spaghetti chilli etc.

Thanks. I saw the minced too but  it never dawned on me to buy it and mix later with the steaks I diced up. Thank you for your help.

Archived