Demands for Prachuap Khiri Khan's durian highly increase

webfact

Demands for Prachuap Khiri Khan's durian highly increase

dur.jpg

FILE photo

PRACHUAP KHIRI KHAN, 14 August 2018 (NNT) – Many Thai and foreign visitors to Prachuap Khiri Khan province have shopped for Pa La-ou durian during a festival in Hua Hin, causing a shortage of supply from the local farmers. 

Pa La-ou Durian Festival held at Hua Hin Market Village in Prachuap Khiri Khan has welcomed many Thai and foreign tourists over the long Mother's Day weekend. 

Many have come to select and purchase Pa La-ou durian, a Geographical Indication (GI) product from Prachuap Khiri Khan which can only be produced by the local farms. 

This genus of durian is known for its delicate flesh and small seeds. Seven sales booths at the festival which is held until 19 August sell the local durian directly for 250 baht per kilogram. The fruit has raised high demands from customers, causing a shortage on the part of the farmers. 

Genuine Pa La-ou durian will have a certifying sticker to prevent the mix with any other genus.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-08-14

Don't know about the Hua Hin variety, but regarding Thai durian in general...

"Once you get past the smell you got it licked."

Actually—finally—tried some durian this year.  It's only taken me about 14 years to get up the nerve to give it a go.  Amazingly, I was indeed pleasantly surprised at the nice sweet taste hidden beneath the foul odor.  Yep, brought back memories of a babe or two I've known in the past.  :shock1:

2 hours ago, Jimbo in Thailand said:

Don't know about the Hua Hin variety, but regarding Thai durian in general...

"Once you get past the smell you got it licked."

Actually—finally—tried some durian this year.  It's only taken me about 14 years to get up the nerve to give it a go.  Amazingly, I was indeed pleasantly surprised at the nice sweet taste hidden beneath the foul odor.  Yep, brought back memories of a babe or two I've known in the past.  :shock1:

Would you care to elaborate ? ?

Archived