Pattaya police find no prostitution in "World Class" Walking Street!

webfact

Pattaya police find no prostitution in "World Class" Walking Street!

5pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Police checks on Pattaya's famed red light center of Walking Street found absolutely no evidence of prostitution.

And there were no drugs or weapons either, reported Sanook.

In fact everything was fine as the authorities investigated the pubs and entertainment venues at the culmination of a great long weekend at the Chonburi resort.

Sanook said that Pattaya station chief Pol Col Apichai Krobpetch led the police contingent in line with government policy.

But there was no crime to report at all.

In fact what they called a "World Class" resort was doing just fine.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-14

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

With any police presence, nobody is ever going to openly break the law.
Bar girls are more than capable of acting all sweet and innocent. Just ask all the newbie Farangs who come here and get taken for a ride.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Technically a true statement, the prostitution doesn't happen in walking st, it happens in hotel rooms elsewhere. I went to the ocean yesterday and saw no evidence of people eating fish.

2 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

Technically a true statement, the prostitution doesn't happen in walking st, it happens in hotel rooms elsewhere. I went to the ocean yesterday and saw no evidence of people eating fish.

Plenty of fish in Pattaya Bay, oh, hold on, are brown trout fish?

30 minutes ago, crealy22 said:

You could not make this stuff up.
Make themselves look quite stupid.
But that is what I like about Thailand.

You could make it up - it's not as if it's the first time either.

Back in the early 2000's, Paveena Hongsakul who worked for the PMs office, visited Pattaya on a 'fact finding mission'.

After the visit, her report said (I'll never forget these words), "I found no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya."

As a local journalist commented at the time, "The only way that could have have happened was if she was blindfolded and in the boot of a car during her trip."

Oddly enough she wasn't blindfold, as she came into the GoGo I ran, scaring away most of the customers, as more than half a dozen police followed her in, like sheep.

She was good at asking the dancers leading questions, two of which I remember were:

"You are over eighteen, aren't you?" and "You don't go with customers for money, do you?"

Always reminds me of a lawyer in court, who never asks a witness a question unless the lawyer already knows the answer.

Of course ,what makes this so laughable is that the BIB own alot of bars and gogos ,the sole purpose being prostitution and human trafficking.

I think they also have shares in soi 4 Silom  rd which is the no1 gay hangout in Bangkok, not to mention Patpong proper.

Who are they trying to fool????

1 hour ago, Dmaxdan said:

With any police presence, nobody is ever going to openly break the law.
Bar girls are more than capable of acting all sweet and innocent. Just ask all the newbie Farangs who come here and get taken for a ride.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

Yes, it does make me wonder what are all those bar girls sitting around waiting for?

It must be true,

they are there just waiting and hoping for their chance to chew the fat with a

truelly hamsome and charming guy like me,

so can debate about world issues and discuss Boris's latest brain fart

30 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

You could make it up - it's not as if it's the first time either.

Back in the early 2000's, Paveena Hongsakul who worked for the PMs office, visited Pattaya on a 'fact finding mission'.

After the visit, her report said (I'll never forget these words), "I found no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya."

As a local journalist commented at the time, "The only way that could have have happened was if she was blindfolded and in the boot of a car during her trip."

Oddly enough she wasn't blindfold, as she came into the GoGo I ran, scaring away most of the customers, as more than half a dozen police followed her in, like sheep.

She was good at asking the dancers leading questions, two of which I remember were:

"You are over eighteen, aren't you?" and "You don't go with customers for money, do you?"

Always reminds me of a lawyer in court, who never asks a witness a question unless the lawyer already knows the answer.

You have a good memory for names.  I had just moved here when that stupid woman got up in parliament and  made a fool of herself.   Not as stupid though as the young politican who accused a member of the opposition of being....'unusually rich'.  The accuser  ran out of parliament jumped into his bmw and sped off into an Asian sunset.

The policeman in charge to his men, Look boys but not too hard we are making heaps here. Quick ask those girls if they are hookers? Hey, you girls Hookers? Answer no of course, not Good let's go all clear. Inspection finished. Phew, we had to hurry I heard the big joke was going to turn up. Then maybe this will not be a joke anymore

13 minutes ago, lanista said:

You have a good memory for names.  I had just moved here when that stupid woman got up in parliament and  made a fool of herself.   Not as stupid though as the young politican who accused a member of the opposition of being....'unusually rich'.  The accuser  ran out of parliament jumped into his bmw and sped off into an Asian sunset.

Thanks, it's not a name I can forget easily, especially as I detailed in my post about her "spin" to ask the right questions in order not to be accused of lying. That, and making herself a laughing stock with that quote in the media later, "I found no evidence of prostitution in Pattaya."

She runs the Paveena Hongsakul Foundation for Women and Children, but from my limited experience of seeing her in action, I feel it's probably a face-making operation to make herself look good.

Archived