Pattaya police find no prostitution in "World Class" Walking Street!

webfact

On 8/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, AsiaHand said:

T first went Pattaya  when there wasn't any hookers there (I took my own from BKK) then started coming there more often  (as did the majority of all farangs) when there were an abundance of them.Pattaya was built on the hooker trade with the bars and clubs existing because of them.Close the hooker trade there then Pattaya is back to a farang abandon village.

And the downside of that is apart from the money loss by the people who overcharge for most things?

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2018 at 3:42 PM, AsiaHand said:

T first went Pattaya  when there wasn't any hookers there (I took my own from BKK) then started coming there more often  (as did the majority of all farangs) when there were an abundance of them.Pattaya was built on the hooker trade with the bars and clubs existing because of them.Close the hooker trade there then Pattaya is back to a farang abandon village.

There will always be the internet and massage shops here.

But, I do think in 10 years it will be quite different.  Less going on.  A girl told me the other day the fine on Beach road is now 1000 b.  I can see that being mostly cleaned up at some point as it is in your face and too exposed.

If it all totally went away, I would be gone.

But, even the cleanest most enforced places in the world have hookers.

This place will never ever be that.

On 8/14/2018 at 9:13 AM, geriatrickid said:

Yes. It's time for society to move on. We can do better than that.

Right. Tell that to the thousand other cities where prostitution means pimps, guns, beatings, thousands of arrests of johns who prefer rental sex to a life of marital chains or slick talking some girl into the sack. IT'S CONSENSUAL! If not, shut it down.

15 hours ago, upu2 said:

And the downside of that is apart from the money loss by the people who overcharge for most things?

The downside is primarily to the girls and the families that directly depend on them, deprived of the one thing they can do that gives them a chance of making some proper money, and of perhaps finding a man who can really improve their lives and take them away from an impoverished background. Too many moral crusaders give no thought to the plight of the people involved, who's only alternative is usually very low wage factory work.

Second are all the residual businesses that benefit from a thriving tourism economy, included the buffoons in charge who seem to have no clue how they've managed to line their own pockets.

Third are the tourists and visitors, who've been deprived of something lively, colourful and unique. Those working there are making their own choices, as are those visiting - as just mentioned it's consensual, and the Thais are savvy enough to be the ones caking the shots. I often wonder if the people who object so strongly to it are simply mouthpieces for stuck up wives who are put out that the country's long standing reputation for prostitution gets them tarred with the same brush. 

There will always be the internet and massage shops here.
But, I do think in 10 years it will be quite different.  Less going on.  A girl told me the other day the fine on Beach road is now 1000 b.  I can see that being mostly cleaned up at some point as it is in your face and too exposed.
If it all totally went away, I would be gone.
But, even the cleanest most enforced places in the world have hookers.
This place will never ever be that.

That's what makes the current system work well. Stick to bars and gogos with barfines, soapies, all operating within existing regulations, and everyone is happy.

Sent from my SM-A500F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Just now, elgenon said:

It doesn't matter, the bar is longer longer involved.

If you give someone money and he buys drugs for himself are you responsible?

If you knew he was going to buy them, yes.

It then becomes 'facilitation'.

If you knew. The bars don't know what you will do with the wench now do they? Some guys just take them out to dinner or out to drink. Yes, it's true. Just like some guys will buy a bunch of girls a bunch of drinks and then leave happy. I don't get it but different strokes for different blokes.

I once complained to a bar that the hotel said the girl's ID wasn't her. They said not their business. There you go. Yikes! I'll sue. 5555

Of course there is no prostitution , the bar girls are there to assist the customers with drinks and food. The go go dancers are there to dance .

You can't just buy a woman waving a 1000 baht bill .

Never happens. If you want sex it's free, no money involved.

After all this is Pattaya , a family resort. 

15 minutes ago, AlexCanada said:

Remember that Pattaya believes it can survive as a world class beach resort without girls.

I don't think "Pattaya" or the authorities believe that or even desire that.  The system of girlie bars, gogos and discos works very well.  This thread just shows the authorities checking that the main "girlie" area is being properly regulated, which mostly it is.  The prostitution side co-exists with the bar scene, and as long as it's not overly promiscuous is tolerated and mainly legal.  Streetwalkers, brothels and trafficked/underage providers are not.

I have a feeling that many posters on this thread have never been to Pattaya and have no idea how it operates!

12 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I don't think "Pattaya" or the authorities believe that or even desire that.  The system of girlie bars, gogos and discos works very well.  This thread just shows the authorities checking that the main "girlie" area is being properly regulated, which mostly it is.  The prostitution side co-exists with the bar scene, and as long as it's not overly promiscuous is tolerated and mainly legal.  Streetwalkers, brothels and trafficked/underage providers are not.

I have a feeling that many posters on this thread have never been to Pattaya and have no idea how it operates!

Agree, what's baffling though is why they'd openly invite people to laugh at them by couching their announcements in the language of "no prostitution" and thus drawing attention to it's presence. Much better just to call it exactly what it is - checking operating licences are in order, safety procedures, no evidence of underage workers etc, and make zero reference to the p word....

On 8/19/2018 at 9:51 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

That's right!.Streetwalkers, brothels and trafficked/underage providers are not tolerated in Pattaya as they only allow girls 18 and over, transferred from suburban Thai-only brothels as soon as they turn 18.

there is no prostitution in Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand.

Next topic please.

Just now, pattayadude said:

That's right!.Streetwalkers, brothels and trafficked/underage providers are not tolerated in Pattaya as they only allow girls 18 and over, transferred from suburban Thai brothels as soon as they turn 18.

there is no prostitution in Pattaya or anywhere in Thailand.

Next topic please.

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit ?

19 hours ago, lamyai3 said:

Agree, what's baffling though is why they'd openly invite people to laugh at them by couching their announcements in the language of "no prostitution" and thus drawing attention to it's presence. Much better just to call it exactly what it is - checking operating licences are in order, safety procedures, no evidence of underage workers etc, and make zero reference to the p word....

Maybe nobody wanted to pay the 2000 baht barfine that night, therefore no prostitution.

On 8/15/2018 at 9:09 AM, elgenon said:

A bar fine does not pay for sex. Only for the ability to leave with a girl. The go-gos m.o. is to not participate in prostitution.

Quite true..

Its extra for the ladies time.

And whatever you do is up to you.

But going back to the first payment. 

Isn't that tantamount to pimping.

The bar owner sells the ladies time to you.

At a rate equal to possibly 5 times what she would be paid if she stayed working bar.

The rest is between two consenting adults...

On 8/20/2018 at 9:06 PM, dallen52 said:

Quite true..

Its extra for the ladies time.

And whatever you do is up to you.

But going back to the first payment. 

Isn't that tantamount to pimping.

The bar owner sells the ladies time to you.

At a rate equal to possibly 5 times what she would be paid if she stayed working bar.

The rest is between two consenting adults...

Again, some guys just take the girl to dinner. Not pimping. Up to the lady and the gentleman.

why is everybody so sensitive about prostitution?

the demand is sex, his tool is money and it's been around since early humans and the supply is poverty and need, the tool is her body(zero investment) and it's been around since the first demand. It's the exchange of the supply and demand.

Authorities don't care as long as they can tax it, control it and regulate it but will usually deny its existence for saving their face, their cultural and religious values(!)  and hide behind words such as adult entertainment/barfine just to dance around the word "prostitution".

Some people don't like it  because of personal or cultural restrictions(wife, girlfriend, religion) or diminishing or lack of interest in sex or they have no idea what it means to be poor, desperate and uneducated.

The rest of people love it and go to Pattaya!

Archived