Pattaya police find no prostitution in "World Class" Walking Street!

webfact

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/14/2018 at 8:37 AM, crealy22 said:

You could not make this stuff up.
Make themselves look quite stupid.
But that is what I like about Thailand.

Sent from my SM-A700FD using Tapatalk

Its what irritates the hell out of me about Thailand.  The  bare faced lying, cheating and  hypocrisy is breathtaking.  LOS will   never amount to much in world standing while all this type of crap goes on.  I laugh when I read it, but its an ironic and  dismissive one.  

On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 8:33 AM, keith101 said:

No bar fine signs to be seen anywhere , good to hear .

Uh? :mellow:  Barfine is not prostitution!

Just a good system that allow you to "free" a girl from her night work so that she can accompany you to have some fun the whole night in a disco. :cool:

34 minutes ago, Pattaya46 said:

Just a good system that allow you to "free" a girl from her night work so that she can accompany you to have some fun the whole night in a disco. :cool:

semantics , as we all know and so do the Plods. 

On 8/14/2018 at 8:39 AM, AlexCanada said:

Confirms what I always thought.

wonder how many police left the go go bars with bar fined girls , all expenses paid of course , no evidence of prostitution , 60 year old police general wakes up in morning with 20 year old go go girl in his bed ,his first words , oh wonder how you slipped into my bed oh and 3000 baht is missing must be a thief in the night . LONG may it continue thats what i say ha ha 

14 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

Actually it is not.

I have known scenarios where the girl will absolutely not go to your room with you.  Hot girls who have a BF or other reasons.  You can barfine them, they will walk around with you and go eat, but nothing else.

On the other side, I have know men who have taken girls the same.  They probably have performance issues so they barfine just to have some company for the evening.

Others are right. A barfine does not mean prostitution.

6 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

Actually it is not.

I have known scenarios where the girl will absolutely not go to your room with you.  Hot girls who have a BF or other reasons.  You can barfine them, they will walk around with you and go eat, but nothing else.

On the other side, I have know men who have taken girls the same.  They probably have performance issues so they barfine just to have some company for the evening.

Others are right. A barfine does not mean prostitution.

yep.  I once hired a girl as a tour guide for a few days back on one of my first trips way back when.  She had a motor scooter.  She showed me around town, did some local sight seeing.  Clued me in on the little local laundry shops, one day her "uncle" or whatever came with a car and drove us to Nong nooch.  I was quite content with the situation and paid and tipped.   Sure I had to pay the bar fine for her to be away from work.   I thought the service was excellent

19 hours ago, maximillian said:

Just wonder what it would be like if prostitution was legal in Thailand.

More prostitution or no difference ?

They'd screw it up with too much bureaucracy, red tape and kickbacks from the street level upwards. So no difference, most would still operate outside the system. 

15 minutes ago, lamyai3 said:

In Angelwitch, yes. One of their better shows. 

It is still open?

Sure went down hill the last time I was there.

Terrible show.

And, do not go in alone or with a buddy.  6 girls will come up and beg for drinks then complain and give dirty looks when you say No. 

A shame, 5 years ago it was pretty good.

A lot of misunderstanding of the law on prostitution in this thread!

There is no crime in paying for sex in private. Soliciting for prostitution, "promiscuous" prostitution, together with the age of the prostitute (18+) are aspects that can make it illegal.

The Entertainment Places Act set up the system where "entertainment" places like bars, gogos and soapies can operate legally. The Act even stipulates that service providers must wear numbers! Barfines are legal, and what the customer chooses to do with his barfine is up to him!

The police check entertainment places regularly to check that the rules are being followed. As long as there are no ST rooms on the premises and nudity, everything is legal. Walking Street bars tend to stick to the rules.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 8/14/2018 at 10:23 AM, BestB said:

As much as people laugh but you are 100% correct. Nothing happens in the bar. Even when you pay the bar fine, it’s money to take the girl away from her work. So in fact no prostitution takes place on walking street , to catch someone with evidence , they would need to pay the bar  with marked notes, for girl to take you either upstairs or nearby to perform the act , only then they can confirm prostitution.

Correct. Most of the puritan who comment on this thread do not understand the nuances of Thai society nor have they been to Pattaya, possibly never been to Thailand such is the depth of their ignorance. 

1 hour ago, The manic said:

Correct. Most of the puritan who comment on this thread do not understand the nuances of Thai society nor have they been to Pattaya, possibly never been to Thailand such is the depth of their ignorance. 

And they don;t understand the nuances of corruption either.  Its all semantics and pay acting.  Why are people here  acting as apologists for  the Police and this kind of nonsense. And why aren't the Police spending more time on Soi 6. well we all know the answer to that.   I am no puritan, but I don't like hypocrisy dressed up as 'news'  . 

And they don;t understand the nuances of corruption either.  Its all semantics and pay acting.  Why are people here  acting as apologists for  the Police and this kind of nonsense. And why aren't the Police spending more time on Soi 6. well we all know the answer to that.   I am no puritan, but I don't like hypocrisy dressed up as 'news'  . 
I don't see anyone acting as an apologist for the police or denying that corruption can and does exist. Walking Street bars have been put under closure orders, some for just a few days but others for months, for breaching their licence. The old Silver Star at the entrance to Walking Street was owned by a very connected Thai man, but still got shut down when they discovered some underage and non-Thais working there.

Most gogos abide by the rules; hence the article's premise; the prostitution angle was no doubt added by the editor to spice it up but really was irrelevant.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

4 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

It is still open?

Sure went down hill the last time I was there.

Terrible show.

And, do not go in alone or with a buddy.  6 girls will come up and beg for drinks then complain and give dirty looks when you say No. 

A shame, 5 years ago it was pretty good.

Not sure. I was referring to the nun show they had in Angelwitch Bangkok, which presumably made it down to Patts as well. 

Archived