new rip off now at pattaya immigration

Yes, quite expensive down there

I'm in Korat & wife (I pay ) gets hit up for 800 bht if I forget to do 

But can't understand why you just didn't pay the fine the go around the corner & get your COR ( that's what I did ) 

so now we now know that it is some kind of rubbish law we dont kneed it wont work can  not be implemented  and should be scraped as should the Thai driving license a uk license should bee all you need as  it use to be  but now even a international license is not a license in Thailand as it is for the police to make money from any one they want to rip off 400 baht no hat no license no bike papers no tax or any thing else they feel they can get you for.  my neighbour gets it for having a 3 wheeled bike salink     he takes dogs to get treatment  in a cage  400 baht its just ruining the city of pattaya

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sweeneythailand said:

so now we now know that it is some kind of rubbish law we dont kneed it wont work can  not be implemented  and should be scraped as should the Thai driving license a uk license should bee all you need as  it use to be  but now even a international license is not a license in Thailand as it is for the police to make money from any one they want to rip off 400 baht no hat no license no bike papers no tax or any thing else they feel they can get you for.  my neighbour gets it for having a 3 wheeled bike salink     he takes dogs to get treatment  in a cage  400 baht its just ruining the city of pattaya

Welcome to Thailand.

We love you Tourists / Ex-pats.

Edited by stanleycoin
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sweeneythailand said:

i asked thai people you know this law no not law just take more money   no one do this 

You asked Thai people about the foreigner immigration registration law and wonder why they do not know it?????? You wonder why Thai people never ever register with immigration when they come back from abroad????

"no-commment-would-be-deleted-anyway"... ?

• Like 1

How it is enforced varies by the office you have to report to. Many do not want you to do the report every time you enter the country and only want one if you change addresses.
And presumably the main Bangkok Immigration office at Chaengwattana are still not enforcing it all?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

34 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

And presumably the main Bangkok Immigration office at Chaengwattana are still not enforcing it all?

They still don't enforce it for individuals. But they do enforce for hotels and etc.

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

You asked Thai people about the foreigner immigration registration law and wonder why they do not know it??????

To be fair, it would not be an unreasonable question to ask of Thais, seeing as some would technically have to abide by this law and report a foreigner staying at the premises and the fact is that most Thais do not know of their obligation to report this.

12 minutes ago, Mattd said:

To be fair, it would not be an unreasonable question to ask of Thais, seeing as some would technically have to abide by this law and report a foreigner staying at the premises and the fact is that most Thais do not know of their obligation to report this.

To be fair, if your staying in Thailand would it not be reasonable to expect the foreigner to be aware of the laws they have to abide by.

With regard to private residential accommodation, the law doesn't define a 'Thai' as the person being responsible, that's a false presumption.

The law defines the 'Housemaster', the 'owner' or the 'possessor' as the persons being responsible.

In the case of Housemaster and/or owner it could be a Thai or a foreigner, the possessor though will always be the foreigner.

In my recent search for a rental property, EVERY Thai agent or landlord I spoke to knew of the requirement .
I guess if you ask the moto taxi guy, or the checkout girl at Makro then you can expect they will not have knowledge of it.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

To be fair, if your staying in Thailand would it not be reasonable to expect the foreigner to be aware of the laws they have to abide by.

With regard to private residential accommodation, the law doesn't define a 'Thai' as the person being responsible, that's a false presumption.

The law defines the 'Housemaster', the 'owner' or the 'possessor' as the persons being responsible.

In the case of Housemaster and/or owner it could be a Thai or a foreigner, the possessor though will always be the foreigner.

So, you are saying that somebody coming on holiday to Thailand and is staying for two weeks at the private residence of a Thai is responsible?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, gusincebu said:

In my recent search for a rental property, EVERY Thai agent or landlord I spoke to knew of the requirement .
I guess if you ask the moto taxi guy, or the checkout girl at Makro then you can expect they will not have knowledge of it.

You are making the assumption that every foreigner is staying in rented accommodation, this may not be the case.

The fact remains that a lot of ordinary Thais do not know, including the wives of many foreigners.

I agree that the law doesn't state Thai, but the ones in general who are supposed to report this in reality are Thais and a lot do not, even if they are aware, as they falsely believe that it could have an adverse effect on their tax liabilities for example.

The fine is then imposed on the foreigner, as it is easy.

47 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

the possessor though will always be the foreigner.

If a Thai is renting a place then the possessor is Thai

For example your GF is renting a place and you just stay there with her: Your GF is the possessor and the landlord is the owner / housemaster. You are just a visitor at this place, but are neither owner, housemaster or possessor, so it's not your obligation to file a TM30. As we know from many reports immigration police still likes to fine the foreigner, simply because it's easier, but it's wrong.

If a foreigner has a rental contract on his own then of course he is the possessor and could be fined neither he nor the landlord files a TM30

Edited by jackdd

You are making the assumption that every foreigner is staying in rented accommodation, this may not be the case.
The fact remains that a lot of ordinary Thais do not know, including the wives of many foreigners.
I agree that the law doesn't state Thai, but the ones in general who are supposed to report this in reality are Thais and a lot do not, even if they are aware, as they falsely believe that it could have an adverse effect on their tax liabilities for example.
The fine is then imposed on the foreigner, as it is easy.

I was not making any assumptions ..only relating my personal experience ..

Funnily enough ,in my search it was the foreign agents or owners ,who mostly feigned having no knowledge , or humming and haaaing about the requirement.
After asking about the rates for water and elec ..it was the first question i asked ! ..

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk