new rip off now at pattaya immigration

3 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Is it possible to get a Yellow Book if you not on an extension of stay?

Yes.

It depends on your Amphoe. Some may insist on a Non Imm Visa at minimum, others have obtained it on Tourist Visas.

5 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Some people say, they got fined when they made the 90 days report. How can someone make a 90 day report if not on an extension of stay?

You are only required to make a 90 day report if staying in Thailand for 90 consecutive days.

Most Visas only allow a maximum stay of 90 days, if a ME Visa they have to exit/re-enter to get another 90 days.

The Non Imm O-A Visa though allows entries of 1 year, so that's a Visa allowing 90 day reports.

13 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

I am still confused. My friend, who told me he was fined around January, is also on yearly extension of stay based on work. 

He was probably fined for not filing a TM30.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

The reasonI did not wrote Non O Visa.

You wrote;

47 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

I'm on a Non O, 

Which is a Visa type.

Extensions are based on reasons of Retirement, Marriage etc.

Edited by Tanoshi

3 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Yes.

It depends on your Amphoe. Some may insist on a Non Imm Visa at minimum, others have obtained it on Tourist Visas.

You are only required to make a 90 day report if staying in Thailand for 90 consecutive days.

Most Visas only allow a maximum stay of 90 days, if a ME Visa they have to exit/re-enter to get another 90 days.

The Non Imm O-A Visa though allows entries of 1 year, so that's a Visa allowing 90 day reports.

He was probably fined for not filing a TM30.

Ok, thanks for your time.
Still a little bit confused, ME Visa I don`t know at all.
Non O Visa for one year I know, but I thought those people had to do border runs every 90 days.

However, all in all it seems with the extension of stay, like in my case, I don`t have to report a TM.30 each time I sleep in a different City or Country.

Thanks again.

2 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Ok, thanks for your time.
Still a little bit confused, ME Visa I don`t know at all.
Non O Visa for one year I know, but I thought those people had to do border runs every 90 days.

ME is an abbreviation for 'multi entry' which is applicable to the validity of a 1 year Non Imm O Visa, you mention.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Every year when I apply the ask "Type of Visa". I write only "Non O"

screenshot_564.png.b2e15515c5ea3218356275089ed01dc8.png

Yes, you should state Non Imm.

They need to know the Visa type your using for the basis of the extension.

A yearly extension based on retirement can only be issued if you originally held a Non Imm Visa at some time.

It's a general purpose form for any kind of extension.

A Tourist on a TV can apply for a 30 day extension. He would put TV as the type of Visa held.

Someone on a Non Imm O ME Visa could apply for a 60 day extension to visit his Thai wife.

It also asks the reason for the extension.

• Like 1

On 8/14/2018 at 6:56 PM, Destiny1990 said:

Why their fixation of our whereabouts?

Given the "quality"  of some of the farangs living in Thailand you  wonder why 

i would be putting ankle bracelets on some of them to monitor their exact movements at all times... 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, uwe_rayong said:

Is it possible to get a Yellow Book if you not on an extension of stay?

I am not on a retirement, too young. My extension of stay is based on marriage. 

Some people say, they got fined when they made the 90 days report. How can someone make a 90 day report if not on an extension of stay?

I am still confused. My friend, who told me he was fined around January, is also on yearly extension of stay based on work. 

Retirement, marriage, work...same principle...i am married, over 50 and have a work permit...so lets play guess the extension ?....doesnt matter they all do the same thing 

15 minutes ago, Scottjouro said:

Retirement, marriage, work...same principle...i am married, over 50 and have a work permit...so lets play guess the extension ?....doesnt matter they all do the same thing 

Based on that standard most of the aliens enter the UK, DE or NL should denied entry or shot on sight ?

Lets face it, 90 day report or TM.30 is something 99% only the "good ones" do correctly.
The 1% or less that are "criminals", don`t report the actual address.

Those people usually have money and are not stupid, they not keen on surprise visits from anyone.

I have nothing against registration or background checks. But do it one time properly and then it is ok. 
When I married in Germany in the 90s, immigration visited us couple of month after marriage unannounced at 07:00 in the morning.
They wanted to see the bathroom, bedroom etc. A little bit annoying, on the other hand that was a one time procedure.
Maybe 5% or less got the visit from immigration that time. I married very young and they probably got suspicious.

After 5 years my wife got an "Niederlassungserlaubnis", basically a Residence Permit lifetime. Not important if we get divorced or not. She can stay in Germany as long as she wants with all the benefits... Totally fair in my opinion.  5 years married, no criminal record - why not.

Now we married almost 30 years and in Thailand I'm still on yearly extensions. Every year 3 photos  (bedroom, living room, front of the house) for the IO plus 3 copy's, application, copy of the marriage certificate, have you got the witness? etc... Always the same. Why not scan it one time ? Always the same set of paper... but 17 years, not one visit.

You want a witness you can give 300 THB to any Motorbike taxi driver. Proof of address: water bill - name on the bill irrelevant etc. p.p.

Residence certificate for renew driver license. Sure no problem, easy to get from immigration. Just show your electricity bill or old driver licence and voila there you go.

Only show no system. Like a 50 Baht helmet on a motorbike - or a empty fire extinguisher, it looks good but does not fulfill a real purpose.  

42 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Another tip.

Does the form you complete state 'Application for a Visa' or 'Application for extension of temporary stay in the Kingdom'.

Speaks for itself really!

We don't need your tips, you have now gone way past tedious. When you can pull your self away from the keyboard, take a drive westwards to our IO and lecture the officers there who insist on calling extensions retirement and marriage visas. They are a reasonable lot who will appreciate another Mr Thailand telling them their job.

Let's see.   1600 baht      OK

I guess i must admit that i was once a resident of that law abiding country...USA

My car insurance alone was more than my tax, insurance, upkeep here in LOS

My property tax in USA was maybe  300 times more than here,  ( i pay about 6 dollars a year here)

My utilities were wayyy more than here.

A plumber when i left ( 20 years ago)...was 30 dollars an hour.

Health care...forget it.   They once billed me 10 dollars for a .......bandaid !

A traffic ticket usually "starts" at around 50 dollars ..

I have a choice...take a few lumps here that don't add up to much ( and learn to keep up on the latest

requirements).     Or, go back to the "civilized world"  where i would feel much less safe (unless i lived in

a gated community  ughhh)  ,  have to deal with PC and other issues, and MY cost of living as i live here

would be at least five times more)   .    I'm staying put !     

Edited by rumak
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, rumak said:

Let's see.   1600 baht      OK

I guess i must admit that i was once a resident of that law abiding country...USA

My car insurance alone was more than my tax, insurance, upkeep here in LOS

My property tax in USA was maybe  300 times more than here,  ( i pay about 6 dollars a year here)

My utilities were wayyy more than here.

A plumber when i left ( 20 years ago)...was 30 dollars an hour.

Health care...forget it.   They once billed me 10 dollars for a .......bandaid !

A traffic ticket usually "starts" at around 50 dollars ..

I have a choice...take a few lumps here that don't add up to much ( and learn to keep up on the latest

requirements).     Or, go back to the "civilized world"  where i would feel much less safe (unless i lived in

a gated community  ughhh)  ,  have to deal with PC and other issues, and MY cost of living as i live here

would be at least five times more)   .    I'm staying put !     

You just have a positive/mature/truthful incite on the big picture.

Great post I am 100% in agreement.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

You just have a positive/mature/truthful incite on the big picture.

Great post I am 100% in agreement.

thanks bkk.     i forgot to add that where i live the people even smile .....they certainly aren't rich,

but they smile.    

1 hour ago, Scottjouro said:

Given the "quality"  of some of the farangs living in Thailand you  wonder why 

i would be putting ankle bracelets on some of them to monitor their exact movements at all times... 

Guess wen u mentioned low quality visitors  that u are talking about your self!

I been traveling lots and never been to a Country so nosey about visitors their whereabouts and notifications about where we are going to sleep each night! 

need a new drivers licence   what a farse  yes f arse  pissed is not the only thing i feel  licence ran out on my last birthday  so need new one  ok not a problem been there done that 3 times now  well went to imagination soi 5.   450 baht to do papers and photos  40 baht to park now went in and  i am told that because i did not get in to immigration within 24 hours of arrival i have a fine of 1600 baht for not informing them i was in Thailand .  bullshit i put my address on my form as i arrive as i have the last 100 times i arrived so now i can not have a resident paper  no money they wont do it so cant have new license  so no won will have a license in thailand o it is now cheaper not to have a license  than be leagle the police are curupt now imagration are curupt soon no more tourists coming to Thailand take note pm   you are messing in the only thing that bring people to your country i have wife and kids in thailand and try to be lawful at all times but you make a mockery of it all 
So YOU let your license renewal lapse, and now it is everyone else's fault because you have extra paperwork & fees.

15 minutes ago, Aussie69 said:
On 8/14/2018 at 5:38 PM, sweeneythailand said:
need a new drivers licence   what a farse  yes f arse  pissed is not the only thing i feel  licence ran out on my last birthday  so need new one  ok not a problem been there done that 3 times now  well went to imagination soi 5.   450 baht to do papers and photos  40 baht to park now went in and  i am told that because i did not get in to immigration within 24 hours of arrival i have a fine of 1600 baht for not informing them i was in Thailand .  bullshit i put my address on my form as i arrive as i have the last 100 times i arrived so now i can not have a resident paper  no money they wont do it so cant have new license  so no won will have a license in thailand o it is now cheaper not to have a license  than be leagle the police are curupt now imagration are curupt soon no more tourists coming to Thailand take note pm   you are messing in the only thing that bring people to your country i have wife and kids in thailand and try to be lawful at all times but you make a mockery of it all 

So YOU let your license renewal lapse, and now it is everyone else's fault because you have extra paperwork & fees.

And one could also add with a 5 year DL, they will renew it no issue upto 12 months after expiry....

2 minutes ago, stud858 said:

In oz, you get a decent amount of time after your expiry date. Too strict on that particular rule  in Thailand.. An unnecessary punishment setup for the purpose of keeping things kaosly in order.

Do you get 12 months like you get in Thailand ? 

Just now, Scottjouro said:

Do you get 12 months like you get in Thailand ? 

I think you can sit on expired licence for 2 years. Obviously you can't drive until paid up.

No need for any tests. Pay and get a newbie licence.

3 hours ago, Scottjouro said:

I year extensions are not visa, they are extension of stay for the purposes of retirement...i wish people would really understand the difference...

A Visa gets you in a country for a specfic period of time

Extension of stay allows you to remain once period specifed on your visa has expired...

Not the same thing 

Try getting your extension without your old Visa. Every time you extend they need to see it.... even 10 or 20 years down the line. It may not be valid for re-entry, but it's certainly is necessary for extensions. Every time you apply for a re-entry permit, they need to see it. You wouldn't be here without it.

For goodness sake, it's a "retirement visa". 

On 8/17/2018 at 11:57 PM, TSF said:

Or you can get a visa agent to get the residency certificate for you, when I was in Pattaya I always got my visa agent to get them when needed, reasonable cost and saved me having to deal with imm myself.

Can you tell me the amount of the reasonable cost and the visa agent you used? 

On 8/15/2018 at 9:29 AM, lucjoker said:

why bother about a driving license ?

Do as the Thais....tell the police you dont have one ....and pay 400 bht .

And keep on driving......

Then I have a big surprise for you in the future..

How about a 1000% raise on that..

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/increased-fines-better-training-changes-to-motorbike-use-in-thailand

3 hours ago, TBKK said:

Can you tell me the amount of the reasonable cost and the visa agent you used? 

most agencies, going rate 1000 bt   1st class visa runs. Queen vic   or Cambodian visa  tour soi buakhao  700bt   more than diy

18 hours ago, thaibreaker said:

Then I have a big surprise for you in the future..

How about a 1000% raise on that..

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/increased-fines-better-training-changes-to-motorbike-use-in-thailand

Are they going to charge Thai people 4000 baht for riding without a license? I don't think so. 

Either way, licensed or unlicensed, it makes no difference to how they ride.