new rip off now at pattaya immigration

2 minutes ago, gaff said:

hello,

But what happens when someone who needs a residence certificate for a new driving license, has never declared living anywhere except on arrival ?

I do not do extensions but leave the country every 3 months, will they see that I left the country and didn't declare my address when I was back ?

Thanks.

IMO They may let it slide if you've got at least an older TM30 receipt stapled in your passport. But they may pick at dates and ask questions. I wouldn't risk not doing TM30.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, jackdd said:

But in my opinion it makes sense to call somebody who is renting the place (has a rental contract with his name in it) the possessor of the residence

They would be the 'tenant', being the person who rents from a landlord.

Anyone else living at the house would be an 'occupier'.

Either one could file the TM30.

I am ok with the requirement to pay for a drivers license but I agree that 1600 baht fine for not telling immigation you came back to Thailand from out of the country within 24 hours is BS. Glad Bangkok does not require this type of BS. 

• Like 2

Just now, Wake Up said:

I am ok with the requirement to pay for a drivers license but I agree that 1600 baht fine for not telling immigation you came back to Thailand from out of the country within 24 hours is BS. Glad Bangkok does not require this type of BS. 

Yeah it's pretty impolite especially if when you get your visa or land at the airport there is no mention that you must do a TM30 under certain circumstances. Or is there info posted now? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tropo said:

Let's say the foreigner, like myself and many others, rent properties through real estate agents. We have no personal contact with the actual owners of the properties we rent. In my case, the owner is a foreigner and I do have a photocopy of his passport ID page, but obviously, no blue book or any documents to prove who owns the property I rent. If the real estate agent doesn't submit a TM30, what to do? I haven't been out of the country yet since they started clamping down on 24-hour reporting upon return last year, so I don't know.

Who can file a TM30.

Section 38 : The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Section 4. “ House Master ” means any persons who is the chief possessor of a house , whether in the capacity of
owner , tenant , or in any other capacity whatsoever ,

That means you!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jippytum said:

Not correct condo owners who rent units after the first time request are given a registration number and can complete the Tm 30 on line 

I have never been given any registration number after renting condos. Maybe they do things differently in Pattaya. 

1 minute ago, Wake Up said:

I have never been given any registration number after renting condos. Maybe they do things differently in Pattaya. 

I agree with you. I said to my condo office, which rents to many foreigners, that perhaps they could TM30 notify online. They said they could not. Must go in person was the line from Chonburi immigration they were told.

It is really only hotels that can do it online.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

If you want a residence certificate, you must have a TM30 receipt slip in your passport.

If you haven't you will be sent to counter 10 and asked to fill in a TM30.

If you have been at your address in Chonburi longer than 3 days and you are not in the database, your landlord or you are likely to be fined 1600 Baht.

You can then proceed to the Certificate of Residence desk.

Thank you, so it means that when I will need a residence certificate, I will have to visit immigration for the first time ?

are they going to try to fine me for not having filled a TM30 ever ? Or they are just concerned by the present time when I am visiting right after coming back from 3 months visa run ?

So if I need the residence certificate I just have to declare myself as living in my condo within 24 hours after my arrival ? (they will see on the computer that I crossed the border the day before?). I am owner of the condo.

Thanks again.

9 minutes ago, stud858 said:

Yeah it's pretty impolite especially if when you get your visa or land at the airport there is no mention that you must do a TM30 under certain circumstances. Or is there info posted now? 

No, but did you see the poster advising you to drive on the left in Thailand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

I agree with you. I said to my condo office, which rents to many foreigners, that perhaps they could TM30 notify online. They said they could not. Must go in person was the line from Chonburi immigration they were told.

It is really only hotels that can do it online.

Immigration can register anyone for online TM30 reports at their discretion.

I know a number of individuals who frequently exit/re-enter Thailand and Immigration registered them.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gaff said:

Thank you, so it means that when I will need a residence certificate, I will have to visit immigration for the first time ?

are they going to try to fine me for not having filled a TM30 ever ? Or they are just concerned by the present time when I am visiting right after coming back from 3 months visa run ?

So if I need the residence certificate I just have to declare myself as living in my condo within 24 hours after my arrival ? (they will see on the computer that I crossed the border the day before?). I am owner of the condo.

Thanks again.

Generally they only concern themselves with your time since your last entry into Thailand. So if you do a border run tomorrow, do your TM 30 and residence certificate on Friday 17 Aug, it is more likely that you will escape the fine. You will certainly improve your chances. But is it worth it? A border run involves costs. The decision depends on your individual circumstances and dates.

If you do do that, please come back and report how it went. It will help others.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gaff said:

Thanks again.

So it means that I do not have to change my habit to never notify anything except when I know that I will need a residence certificate ? I do not need immigration for anything else.

Maybe we can expect that they will soon check that you have made a TM30 when leaving the country ? , more easy money to be made by these official scammers.

Edited by gaff

I have a yellow book. Do I also need to proceed with TM 30 when I am returning from abroad?

Does anybody know or give me a link?

sorry just found myself:

• If you have a yellow house book (tabienbaan) or co-own a house, that does not acquit you of the obligation to report yourself.

http://www.chiangmailocator.com/wiki-the-tm-30-form-all-you-need-to-know-about-it-and-why-it-matters-to-you-p172

Edited by sweatalot
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

If you want a residence certificate, you must have a TM30 receipt slip in your passport.

If you haven't you will be sent to counter 10 and asked to fill in a TM30.

If you have been at your address in Chonburi longer than 3 days and you are not in the database, your landlord or you are likely to be fined 1600 Baht.

You can then proceed to the Certificate of Residence desk.

Yes, it happened to me.

Just keep in mind, you are at immigration trying to get your documents and are confronted with this,

You either pay and continue, or play the blame game and not pay.  In this case you will be going home, contacting your landlord and telling them to go to immigration the next day to report and pay.  If they are a flake or not in town, you may be screwed.

I paid it immediately, then spoke to my landlord later about it.  50 bucks is not going to delay my life.

Fortunately, my landlord is decent and paid me back.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Briggsy said:

Generally they only concern themselves with your time since your last entry into Thailand. So if you do a border run tomorrow, do your TM 30 and residence certificate on Friday 17 Aug, it is more likely that you will escape the fine. You will certainly improve your chances. But is it worth it? A border run involves costs. The decision depends on your individual circumstances and dates.

If you do do that, please come back and report how it went. It will help others.

I travel every 3 months and do not do extensions, I avoid talking to these people as much as I can.

So I will do a TM30 only when I will decide to renew my driving license, I am just happy to keep cheating these idiots.

5 minutes ago, sweatalot said:

I have a yellow book. Do I also need to proceed with TM 30 when I am returning from abroad?

Does anybody know or give me a link?

Having a Yellow book has nothing to do with TM30 reporting.

Which office do you use, not all enforce the law.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Destiny1990 said:

In my country u home is where u are registered thats it...In Thailand it seem more complicated for foreigners and also very obsessive especially with the 24 hours notice!

It's 24 hours from arriving at your registered residence, not 24 hours from entering Thailand.

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, gaff said:

I travel every 3 months and do not do extensions, I avoid talking to these people as much as I can.

So I will do a TM30 only when I will decide to renew my driving license, I am just happy to keep cheating these idiots.

That's your personal choice.

However when your sat facing an IO administering a fine for failure to report, I can assure you the general consensus will be theirs only one idiot in the office. 

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, bkk6060 said:

What a totally hilarious comment and way of thinking.  You think you are getting one over the Thai government because you leave before every 90 days?  HAHA very funny good for you. ?

This is exactly what I am doing, and the funny one is you.

I do not report about my life to anybody in this world, I have never, and will never.

I have also been living on tourists visa in more countries that you have and will ever visit, so please do not come to try to teach me anything that you don't know. Then I could explain you how I managed to make $ millions without paying any tax in any country, EVER.

11 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

That's your personal choice.

However when your sat facing an IO administering a fine for failure to report, I can assure you the general consensus will be theirs only one idiot in the office. 

so scary, 2000 thb fine ?

I cheat the systems because this is the way I choose to live. I can be anywhere in the world and nobody will tell me what I can do or not.

And yes, sometimes I have to pay, but if you knew how much I have avoided to pay by not having a standard official life, you would understand that the idiots is not really me ❤️

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gaff said:

so scary, 2000 thb fine ?

I cheat the systems because this is the way I choose to live. I can be anywhere in the world and nobody will tell me what I can do or not.

And yes, sometimes I have to pay, but if you knew how much I have avoided to pay by not having a standard official life, you would understand that the idiots is not really me ❤️

Got it, your either Christian Ronaldo, or Luka Modric.

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

It's 24 hours from arriving at your registered residence, not 24 hours from entering Thailand.

@Destiny1990 

Why the 'sad' notification. 

Destiny1990 reacted to this

The house – master , the owner or the possessor of the residence , or the hotel manager
where the alien , receiving permission to stay temporary in the Kingdom has stayed , must notify the
competent official of the Immigration Office located in the same area with that hours , dwelling place or
hotel, within 24 hours from the time of arrival of the alien concerned.

Clear as mud, from the time of arrival at your destination as entered on your arrival card.

• Like 1

It would be useful if someone could show how to report for a TM30 online as they claim is possible. I asked the IO several times how to do it but all he would do is show the URL to immigration website, and grin. Seems it will be best to arrive back on Fridays or Saturdays to avoid the next day trip to the office to tell them again where you live. They do say you have a weeks grace to go, but I would not trust them to change their minds or say the rule has been dropped if I tried it. 

• Like 1