What can we expect from CR from Sept. to the rest of the year?

MadameM

It will start getting cooler, after sept the rain will stop.Great place to be when the cool season comes .3 years ago I had to scrap the ice off my car ..

Blooming Bua Tong Festival (Mexican Sunflower)

When: November
Where: Hua Mae Kham Village, Mae Fah Luang
A stunning beauty of the hills covered with golden blooms of Mexican Sunflowers is not a boast but you can witness it with your eyes at Hua Mae Kham Village. These flowers bloom only from the beginning of November to the end of the month. The festival also features hilltribe performances, tribal sport competitions, local products and the hilltribe people are dressed in their traditional clothes. 

Sunflower Blossom Festival in Wiang Chiang Rung

When: November - December
Where: Ban Prong, Moo 1, Thung Gor, Wiang Chiang Rung
In the month of November and December of every year, Wiang Chiang Rung organises Sunflower Bloom Festival at sunflower field in Ban Pong Village with the backdrop of verdant mountains. The visit to the sunflower field is arranged with a tour on a Thai vintage truck. The festival also features music performance, cultural shows, dance competition, sunflower painting contest, Aerobic competition, local food sales, various career exhibition by vocational students and many more.

Chiang Rai Food Festival

When: December
Where: Banphaprakran Rd., Amphaoe Mueang
Chiang Rai Food Fair features a wide variety of traditional Lanna (Northern Thai) cuisine, ancient Thai sweets as well as international cuisines at very reasonable prices. During the fair, there are Lanna cultural performances, art shows, concerts from well-known artists, demonstrations, fruit carving and Thai desserts contest, sales of local products (OTOP) from 8 provinces in the region.

2 hours ago, kevvy said:

It will start getting cooler, after sept the rain will stop.Great place to be when the cool season comes .3 years ago I had to scrap the ice off my car ..

Blooming Bua Tong Festival (Mexican Sunflower)

When: November
Where: Hua Mae Kham Village, Mae Fah Luang
A stunning beauty of the hills covered with golden blooms of Mexican Sunflowers is not a boast but you can witness it with your eyes at Hua Mae Kham Village. These flowers bloom only from the beginning of November to the end of the month. The festival also features hilltribe performances, tribal sport competitions, local products and the hilltribe people are dressed in their traditional clothes. 

Sunflower Blossom Festival in Wiang Chiang Rung

When: November - December
Where: Ban Prong, Moo 1, Thung Gor, Wiang Chiang Rung
In the month of November and December of every year, Wiang Chiang Rung organises Sunflower Bloom Festival at sunflower field in Ban Pong Village with the backdrop of verdant mountains. The visit to the sunflower field is arranged with a tour on a Thai vintage truck. The festival also features music performance, cultural shows, dance competition, sunflower painting contest, Aerobic competition, local food sales, various career exhibition by vocational students and many more.

Chiang Rai Food Festival

When: December
Where: Banphaprakran Rd., Amphaoe Mueang
Chiang Rai Food Fair features a wide variety of traditional Lanna (Northern Thai) cuisine, ancient Thai sweets as well as international cuisines at very reasonable prices. During the fair, there are Lanna cultural performances, art shows, concerts from well-known artists, demonstrations, fruit carving and Thai desserts contest, sales of local products (OTOP) from 8 provinces in the region.

Now I know why the (late) comedian Robin Williams exclaimed: "Honey, sell all my clothes, I am going to heaven". Undoubtedly, he had CR in mind.

Cheers.

Personally I think August is the best time of year in CR. The rain is mostly at night, and the sun is subdued by the clouds most of the day. You can spend the whole day outside and actually do stuff. December might be cooler at night, but that sun comes out all day long

6 hours ago, Randell said:

Oh yes you are Madame M yes you are this is a wonderful place to live

Agree , love it here especially after the rains have gone .

Phu Chi Fa is just amazing , and better to go before the high season as the roads are very busy .

picds from google.

STANDING-ABOVE-THE-CLOUDS-AT-480x720.png

the-view-from-Phu-Chi-Fa-of-the-clouds-over-Laos.jpg

I usually wear jeans when out and carry a light jacket or pullover, you usually have it on early and take it off as the day warms up.

We get exceptional days where the temperature hangs in the low teens but most days warm up after lunch.

Chiang Rai is lovely, almost perfect in the rainy season. There is also, unfortunately, a lot of garbage and crop burning. We love living here from June to end year and then get the heck out of dodge. The air is filthy for months and will have an effect on your health. Embrace the rains.

Archived