Private Thai language Pattaya?

mockingbird

Many moons ago, upon my first "Long-Stay" in Thailand, I found, that learning the language was "a must". So I engaged a private tutor and payed a lump sum in advance !!!!?????
The trick: The tutor went at it with such speed, that nobody born by a woman could possibly follow. With the intent to make the student feel like he was the dumbest person of the world, hoping that the student will abandon his studies. (No refund).
Later on, I found out, that this was a scam, often practised.
So, pay by the hour, even if they offer "attractive" discounts on "lump-sum" advance payments.
Cheers.

11 hours ago, swissie said:

Many moons ago, upon my first "Long-Stay" in Thailand, I found, that learning the language was "a must". So I engaged a private tutor and payed a lump sum in advance !!!!?????
The trick: The tutor went at it with such speed, that nobody born by a woman could possibly follow. With the intent to make the student feel like he was the dumbest person of the world, hoping that the student will abandon his studies. (No refund).
Later on, I found out, that this was a scam, often practised.
So, pay by the hour, even if they offer "attractive" discounts on "lump-sum" advance payments.
Cheers.

Sage advice. Thank you.

Archived